Songkran (Chabin)

Drabbles of VIXX

Songkran. A new year's celebration. A water festival. A time of fun and joy.

 Except, it's too much. Not in a bad way, of course. 

 

 

They are both fully drenched, Hongbin is well aware of that. And considering that he has his hair bleached, he's pretty sure he would look horrible if its not for his cap saving his image but right now, he have no concern for that. The only thing that have his concern at the moment is N, his leader who's having a heated water fight with the locals. 

N is excited, he can tell that. And it has been quite some time since he last saw his leader being that excited, considering how calm and composed he usually is. It's nice, really, seeing him letting go of all his stress and tension but Hongbin knows when too much is too much. 

He watches as one of the local approaches N with a full bucket of water but before the person could actually dump it over his leader's head, Hongbin quickly tugs N away causing the water to drench him instead but he doesn't really mind as he quickly drag N away from there and into a secluded, more calm alley. 

"Hongbin! I was fighting that guy! He dumped water on me thrice, do you know that?! Three times! "N exclaims angrily but Hongbin just chuckles, shaking his head in amusement. 

"I know, hyung. I know. "He says as he takes the water gun away from N and places it on the ground. "Just calm down a bit, okay? It's not good to be too excited. "He reminds and N pouts before leaning against a wall. 

"Actually, I don't feel so good. "He murmurs after a while, forcing himself to take a deep breath when he feels the world spinning around him. "I feel like throwing up. "He admits. 

Placing both his pink, flowery, water proof handbag and his water gun down, Hongbin quickly help N to sit down. "That's what you get if you push yourself too far, hyung. "He chides, knowing that eventhough the water helps cool down the heat, the hot weather is something else to be concerned of considering how sensitive N is to heat. 

Turning around to fetch N something to drink, he realises that the cameraman following them is still filming so he quickly cover the lens with his hand. "Please don't shoot this. "He pleads, moving to cover N from the camera and thankfully, the cameraman understand as he merely turn the camera off before going to sit somewhere not far from them, obviously exhausted himself. 

"Do you feel better now? "Hongbin asks after he has helped N to drink some water and dry him off a little bit. 

N nods, finally making the move to stand back up. "Thanks. "He says and Hongbin just smile when N suddenly take off his cap and places a towel on his hair, helping him dry his hair off. "You'll get sick if you stay wet for too long . "He nags as he carefully dry the visual's hair. 

Hongbin rolls his eyes but he doesn't stop what N is doing. "Just look at who's talking. "He says and N smiles . 

"Come on, I still need to get my revenge. "He says, picking his water gun back up. 

Hongbin laughs but he follows him anyway. At times like this, it feels like N has forgotten who he is; the leader of the famous concept-dol group since he doesn't seem to mind ruining his own image of the charismatic and composed leader in favour of letting his inner child out. But of course, Hongbin isn't going to remind him of that. 

N needs this, he concludes. N deserve some fun because he knows, the moment they get back to their own country, N would have to wear that perfect leader mask back on and shoves his inner child deep inside. 

So right now, seeing N laughing and smiling and having so much fun, he comes to the conclusion that Songkran really is a festival of fun and joy and if there's just some way he could actually bring the festival back for his leader every single year, he would do it. Just for the sake of having a happy, stress less leader. 

But hey, maybe he can just start a water fight with their members instead once they've gone back home. They surely need some stress relief too, don't they? 

 

 

 

A/N You may not believe this but I've watched the Chabin Battle Trip episode more than 5 times, not including the Songkran episode since it just got released yesterday but the point is, I'm so happy seeing them happy. 

And it's so interesting to see the dynamic between N and Hongbin when it's just the two of them :)

Hongbin complains about almost every thing yet he still follows N, that's just too adorable. 

What do you think?