Resemble (Neo/Chabin )

Drabbles of VIXX

"So Leo, which one is your favourite song from the album? "

The Dj's question makes the gears in Leo's head turn. He stares off longingly at nothing but the answer to that question comes out smoothly from his lips. "Resemble. "He blurts out and the Dj gasp. 

"Ah! Is it the one that N wrote? "She asks and Leo is already too deep in his thought that he doesn't hear him so Ken, who's with him that day, immediately covers up for him. 

"Yes, yes. N-hyung worked really hard for that song. "He says, glancing at Leo and nudging him to snap him out of his daze. 

Leo blinks, looking up at the Dj just on time to hear her next question. 

"Is it true that N wrote that song, Resemble, based on his friendship with Hongbin? "She inquires and a sad smile found its way onto Leo's face. 

"Yes, that's true. "He confirms simply and Ken quickly jump to add on, trying to ease the sudden tension that is rising in the studio. 

"But it's not just about his friendship with Hongbin. It's about his other friends too. "He says but the Dj just nod before moving on to the next question, leaving Leo in a state of half daze throughout the rest of the radio show. 

 

 

Leo doesn't mean to intrude, really. He just wanted to sit down with N and have their normal casual chat but that day, when he approaches N who's sitting cross legged in the balcony of their dorm, he realises that the leader is working on some song when he sees the papers scattered around his legs. 

"Hey. What are you doing? "He asks as he sits down next to him. 

N looks up at him and smiles. "Just trying to finish up this song. I'm thinking about submitting it for our next album."He says and Leo nods, knowing that N has taken an interest on writing lyrics and composing lately. 

"What is the song about? "He wonders and suddenly, N puts down the pencil and paper he was holding before pulling his legs up to his chest and hugging his knees. 

"It's about Hongbin. And my old friends. "N murmurs, gazing far away as if reminiscing something but for Leo, the statement struck his heart. 

"Hongbin? W-what about him? "He asks. 

N chuckles but when he speaks up, his voice sounds sad. "You know, Hongbin and I, we used to be really close. We were like real brothers, always having each other's back and depending on each other. We even started to resemble each other. I started taking up on his habits and he started taking up on mine. "N murmurs dreamily and ignoring his suddenly aching heart, Leo nods, urging N to continue. 

"I really don't know what went wrong, Taekwoon-ah. But it's obvious that now,things between us isn't like how it was back then. "N says, sighing sadly. 

"Time changes people, Hakyeon. It doesn't necessarily have to be anyone's fault."Leo assures, shoving his own feelings down in order to offer his life long friend the comfort he needs. 

"But I hate this distance between us. We used to sit together at night, just talking about our days and stupid things but now I can't even remember when was the last time we did that. We barely even chat anymore, it just feel awkward between us and I hate it. "N confess, his voice wavering and Leo quickly pulls him close. 

"That happens and it's natural, Hakyeon-ah. "He assures. 

"But--"

"Hongbin loves you, I know that much. You see how he always stand up for you? Even silently? You're precious to him, Hakyeon. Don't doubt that. "Leo assures, he can't even begin to describe how much it hurts him to say that out loud but he knows N needs to hear it. 

"Then why does he always avoid me and refuse when I want to spend time with him? "

Leo scoffs at that question. "Because he doesn't want to make you feel like you're tied to him. "He answers simply and N frowns.

"I don't get it. "

"Listen, we all know how all these years, most of your time were spent for us, for VIXX. You did everything you could to keep us together; to create a tight bond between us that sometimes, you seem to forgot other people exist too. I know we took a lot of your time and we, not just Hongbin but the rest of us too, feel guilty for that. That's why now we don't complain when you go out and make new friends and spend time with them. We realise we have no right to complain because you've already sacrificed so much time for us. "

"But I never feel like that. "N denies. 

"Of course. You're just too selfless to feel it. "Leo huffs. "My point is, you may feel like there's a distance growing between you and Hongbin but I think that's not the case. Hongbin must have his own reason to act the way he does but I believe you're still important to him, just like before, if not more. So don't you worry too much. "He coaxes and N sigh before slowly, a small smile appear on his face. 

"Thank you, Taekwoon. I never knew I needed to hear that . "N says and Leo forces a smile of his own . 

"That's what friends are for, isn't it? "He mutters as he stands up to leave. "I'll go now so that you can do your work. "He says and N nods, muttering another thanks and before Leo really leave, he utters a question that he knows he won't get an answer for. 

"Do you think I'll ever be as precious as Hongbin is to you? "

 

 

 

A/N I see that a lot of you shares the same feelings as me :) 

I really wasn't planning on updating today but seeing the comments just motivates me so thank you!