Hard Working (Chasang)

Drabbles of VIXX

It is well past midnight when N is woken up from his sleep, feeling too thirsty that he can't even ignore it so groggily, he makes his way into the kitchen and quickly reaches for a glass of water from the fridge. 

Slightly more awake now that he's had his drink, on his way back to his room, he notices the light coming from inside of Hyuk and Ravi's shared room and he frowns, wondering just what is the maknae doing so late.

Carefully, he makes his way inside the room and smile fondly when he sees Hyuk sitting at his desk, head thrown back against the headrest of his swiveling chair, deep asleep with the screen of his computer still glowing bright in front if him, revealing the latest composition that N knows, he's currently working on along with their resident rapper. 

"Hyuk-ah... wake up. "N calls out gently as he shake Hyuk awake and the maknae shot up straight, eyes wide yet still hazy from sleep. 

"Hyung. "He sighs upon noticing N. "What are you doing here? "He asks, his voice deep and hoarse as he lets out a yawn. 

"Checking up on you, of course. "N says simply, reaching out to caress Hyuk's head and he grins when Hyuk unconsciously leans into his touch, like a cat who's eager to be petted. "Get up and go sleep on your bed. You're going to hurt your neck sleeping like that. "He reprimands but Hyuk quickly shakes his head. 

"I need to finish this part. I promised Wonshik-hyung that I'll revise it with him tomorrow. "He excuses, stretching his back before focusing his attention back to the screen of the computer, squinting when the light hurts his eyes. 

N pursues his lips tightly, shaking his head. "Out of all of Wonshik's traits, why is it this one that you choose to copy? "He complains exasperatedly and Hyuk raises an eyebrow. 

"What trait do you mean? "He demands . 

"The it's fine if I neglect myself as long as my job is finished trait. "N deadpan and Hyuk scoffs. 

"I'm not neglecting myself. I eat and sleep and rest. I just need to get this done today. "He argues. "Also, I'm not copying Wonshik-hyung. He's a good role model but no, I'm me. "He insists. 

N chuckles at his maknae's persistence but he nods anyway. "Anything you say, Hyuk-ah. "He mutters and satisfied that his leader agrees with him, he was about to return to his work only to have said leader tugging on his wrist. 

"What, hyung? "He demands. 

"Let's go to sleep. "N invites, slightly whining. 

"I told you I need to finish this tonight right? "

"But it's cold and I want to cuddle. "N pleads, blinking his eyes repeatedly as he pouts, trying his best to mimic Ken's aegyo. 

N blinks at him but then he sighs. "Fine . "

And soon, they both laid on N's bed, a thick blanket covering them and Hyuk was just about to drift off to sleep when N whispers to him. 

"Hyuk-ah. "

"Hmm? "

"Dont work too hard okay? You shouldn't push yourself too much. You're still young, you have a lot of time. "

"But wasn't it you who said that we need to grasp each chance? Because we'll never know when the end will come? "

"Still though, you need to know your limit "

"I know my limit, hyung. "

"But if you drown yourself in work like Wonshik, who's going to look after the group when me and Taekwoon are away? I'm counting on you, you know that? "N reminds and Hyuk is quiet for a while. 

"There's Hongbin-hyung. Don't you realise that he's observing all you work nowadays? That's why he's always following you around. "He tells him. 

"What? Really? I just thought he's being nice to me. "

Hyuk laughs. "Hyung, you're too slow sometimes. Hongbin-hyung is learning the in and outs of your leader job, so that he can manage the group while you're gone. Can't you see how he tries to learn the way you talk and explain things? He even kept a note on that, it's in his room, under his pillow. "He says, breaking his trusted ally's secret. 

"Woah. "N is amused. "I guess I don't have to worry too much then. You guys will be just fine. "

"We will. "Hyuk assures. "You and Taekwoon-hyung, just go and be a real man. We'll keep the group going for your return. Nothing will change, I promise you that. "

"Hyuk-ah. "

"What now? "

"You've grown so well. It feels just like yesterday when I saw this small boy with a big dream. "

Hyuk scoffs. "Hyung, you're not my mom. Do you know how embarrased I am when you and Taekwoon-hyung spe--"

"Hyuk-ah. "

Hyuk huffs. "What? "

"Thank you. So so much. For being here and being the hardworking maknae you are. "

 

 

A/N I just started a new fic titled Perfumer :)

Its based on VIXX  Scentist MV

Check it out if you want 

Thanks!  ♡♡