Plagiarism (Wontaek)

Drabbles of VIXX

It has been a long day for all 6 of them. They did a pre recording for their comeback stage, some shooting for variety games and also a fan meeting. But what exhaust them the most is the fact that they didn't even get a blink of sleep that night and now, they're drained to the bones. 

Now that it is finally time to head back to the dorm and get a few hours of rest to recharge themselves for the next day, everyone is more than glad, they're relieved. It's not that they don't like spending time with their fans, it's just that they're humans too. They need to rest and eat. 

While everyone else is literally dozing off in the car on their way back home, Ravi suddenly speaks up in a small voice, not wanting to startle Hyuk and Hongbin who are with him in the car. "Hyung, can you drop me off at my studio? "he asks, looking at their driving manager through the rearback mirror. 

"It's late. "The manager says matter of factly yet still makes the turn towards Ravi's studio. "What are you going to do? "He asks once he stopped the car in front of Ravi's studio building . 

"I have something I need to settle. "Ravi tells him, picking up his bag before carefully making his way out. "I'll go home myself so you don't have to pick me up. "He says and the manager nods. 

"Take care. "

 

 

N has almost fallen asleep leaning against the window of the car when his phone rings and he quickly picks it up, knowing that it's one of their managers who's on the line. 

"Yes, hyung? "He asks sleepily, suppressing a yawn. 

"I dropped Wonshik off at the studio and he said he'll go back himself. "The manager from the other end of the line tells him without beating around the bush and N couldn't help but to sigh. 

"I get it. Thanks, hyung . "He murmurs, ending the call before glancing at the backseat of the car he's in. "Taekwoon? "He calls out softly, being mindful as to not wake up the sleeping Ken. 

"Mhm? "Comes Leo's response as he rustle around, stretching his aching body. "What's wrong? "

"Can you make sure everyone eat and wash up before bed? I need to go and see--"

"Wonshik? "Leo interrupts. After going through the SNS that evening he somehow knows that the dongsaeng of his would be bothered. 

"Yeah. He's at his studio. I think there's something bugging him. "N says, voice full of concern. 

"There is. "Leo confirms and sighs when he sees N frowns. "It's that plagiarism issue. Beautiful Liar this time. "He explains and understanding dawn on N. 

"That song is like... the song he's proudest about."The leader mumbles with an unconscious pout. "He worked so hard for it. How could they? "

"I know. "Leo agrees. "But I guess Wonshik's song is just great, isn't it? If not, why would anyone want to plagiarize it? "He reasons and smiles when N nods. 

"That's right. I'm so proud of him. "N whispers to himself like a proud leader he is. "But anyway, he probably needs someone to talk to right now so I--"

"You go back and rest, Hakyeon . I'll take care of this. "

 

 

When Leo pushed open the door of Ravi's studio, he's greeted by the dim purple light illuminating throughout the studio and it didn't take him long to spot the rapper sitting on the chair, eyes focused on the phone in his hands. 

"Wonshik? "he calls out but Ravi doesn't look up at him, as if he's already expecting his presence. "What are you doing? "He asks, taking a seat on the black couch at the side of the studio.

"They're hurt. "Ravi mutters quietly without looking at Leo. "I don't want to bring this issue up but they're hurting. And I can't just stand and watch. "He says with what Leo could detect as slight anger in his voice. 

"I know that. But you? "

The question clearly took Ravi by surprise as he finally turn towards Leo, confused. "Me? "He asks. 

"Starlights are hurt because someone plagiarized you and disregarded your hard work. But what about you? Are you hurt? "Leo explains somewhat stoically and Ravi stares at him for longer than necessary before finally speaking up. 

"I'm hurt, yes. But more than hurt, I'm frustrated and dissapointed. "Ravi says. "I mean, I don't mind them using my work but is it really that hard to give credit? "He complaints. 

"And? "Leo prompts, making the rapper confused once more. 

"And what? "Ravi demands. 

"And what are you going to do about it? "

Ravi shrugs. "I tweeted about it and I hope it reaches those people. "He says. "But other than that, nothing I suppose? "

"Why nothing? "Leo wonders. "Arent you going to sue them? It's your work after all. "He suggests and all of sudden, Ravi scoffs. 

"Sue them? They're not worth it, hyung. "The rapper says matter of factly. "There's no use wasting time and money towards people who are that arrogant, towards people who blamed our Starlights when they're the one who're obviously wrong. "He explains and Leo nods in agreement. 

"You've grown so well, Wonshik-ah. "Leo praises, chuckling. "Remember that time someone diss us for doing the clock dance? That time you literally attacked them back without thinking much about it. But now I'm glad you're being more rational. "

Ravi's face turns red upon being reminded of his naive moment. But truth be told, he doesn't regret it even one bit. In fact, he's proud of himself for standing up for his brothers, for their pride. "I'm more matured now, hyung. "He says. "But if it's VIXX who's on the line, then I won't hesitate to attack again, no matter who it is. "He promises and Leo laughs. 

"I know, I know. We're glad to have you as our brother, you know that right? "

"Of course! "Ravi beams, laughing as well. "I just hope that Starlights would stop hurting. If they're hurt then I'm hurt too. "He says. "They're so protective over us and I'm glad for that. But I hope they understand my reasons."

"They will understand. "Leo assures. "Our Starlights are matured people, just like us. I'm sure they'll understand and support us no matter what. So don't worry, Wonshik. Everything's going to be okay. "

Ravi sighs but after a moment, he smiles. "You're right, hyung. "He agrees. "I believe in our Starlights. "

"You should. Trust is the most important thing in any relationship. "Leo says, standing up. "Now let's go home before Hakyeon--"

"--comes here and nags at us. "Ravi continues, standing up as well and both of them burst into laughters before they're interrupted by a familiar voice. 

"Too late. I'm already here to drag you sulky home. "