Library

Dumb and Dumber

"You know...I really like you"

Taehyung mumbles out again except a little louder this time.

There was a long silence in between before it was broken. "You want to know something Taehyung?" Jungkook asks as he tilted his face to look at Taehyung whose face was surprisingly really near his.

There was no response 

 

"I like you too..." Jungkook whispers out.

 

He cautiously looks over at Taehyung's face as a small grin formed on his face realizing that Taehyung has already passed out on his shoulder.




 

...

 

"Boo!," Yoongi sputters out as he slammed Jungkook's locker startling him in the process. "Oh my god dude, stop!" Jungkook said with a slight annoyance in his tone. "What's up? What's with attitude JK" Yoongi asks as he stepped a little closer towards Jungkook as he made space for some girls to squish by the cramp hallway.

The hallway was now bustling since second period just ended meaning that it was time for lunch. The hallway was packed with students putting stuff away in their lockers, some were busy chatting. "Finals are in four days" Jungkook said as he locked up his locker making sure not to hit someone in the face with his elbow by accident. Jungkook looked over at Yoongi's face. He was leaning his head against the row of lockers while twirling a red lollipop around his mouth with a blank expression. "Well I'm screwed for it" Yoongi finally says as he bit into the lollipop with his teeth before motioning his head towards the cafeteria.

"I'm not eating with you guys today, I nee-" "Have fun with Tae then" Yoongi says which cutted Jungkook off halfway as he winked at him before making his way to the cafeteria.

Jungkook grinned as he knew that Yoongi supported the idea of Taehyung being with him. Which was weird since... were Jungkook and Taehyung even a 'thing' to begin with? Jungkook thought as he quickly pushed his way to the school's library which was usually quiet during lunch break.

Jungkook was glad that Taehyung was there to help tutor him. He has already soaked in more information than he has his entire school year. Jungkook pushed open the doors of the library as he walked into the immediate different atmosphere from where he was a few seconds ago. The library was quiet and empty. It was a little odd since knowing that finals are coming up, you would think the library would be packed.

Jungkook walked down aisles of bookshelves until he reached the science section which was located at the back of the library. He bit his lower lip subtly as thoughts of the day before filled his head.

"Oh! Hey Jungkook" Taeyung says with a cheerful tone engraved in his voice as he noticed Jungkook appear behind the bookshelf. "Hey" Jungkook plainly said back as he dumped his backpack on the round table and sat down on a chair beside Taehyung. Taehyung eyed Jungkook as he sat down. "So..you want to tell me what happened last night?" Taehyung asks quietly as he slipped a bookmark into the book he was reading. Jungkook glared at the older and chuckled a little "aren't we suppose to be studying?"

"I didn't say anything...weird right?"

 

"Weird...?"

 

Taehyung nodded as he realized how pink Jungkook's cheeks had turned in just a matter of seconds.

 

"uh...no" Jungkook mumbles out quickly as he realized that forming sentences in his mouth became harder suddenly.

Jungkook quickly grabbed his textbook out from his backpack and flipped to the page he was studying the night before, hoping that Taehyung would stop asking about what happened last night. "I have a question from one of the questions in the textbook. I don't understand it" Jungkook says as he pointed to a random question on the page before turning his attention on Taehyung who seemed like he wasn't convinced whatsoever.

Jungkook's eyes slowly trailed its way from Taehyung's big eyes landing on his soft lips before making his way back to his eyes. Jungkook couldn't take it when Taehyung stared at him like that. It was too...intense. Jungkook could feel his body suddenly go cold as he noticed that Taehyung has leaned his body towards him. Jungkook's body stiffened as he finally had the courage to look make eye contact with Taehyung again.

The noise around them has suddenly seemed to grow quieter. Jungkook took his time to study Taehyung's face features. It was all too perfect. How could a person even look like him. He was TOO perfect. It was unfair, unfair to Jungkook. He didn't want to fall for him but it was already too late. He already did.

Jungkook flinched slightly as the cold hand of Taehyung touched his burning cheeks. His face was now only a few inches away from Jungkook. Taehyung looked into his eyes as if asking for permission before proceeding on with his action. Before Taehyung could do anything, Jungkook quickly slammed his lips against the older's which took Taehyung by surprise. Junkook couldn't contain his feelings anymore, it was to much for him. This was the kiss that Jungkook wanted for so long. It was finally here.

Taehyung quickly deepened the kiss as he got entrance to Jungkook's mouth. "Looks like someone's desperate" Taehyung whispers teasingly in between the kisses. Jungkook smiled as he gave gave one last kiss to the older before pushing him away from him. "Who says I'm desperate" Jungkook chuckled back before grinning at Taehyung. "Can you help me with the question now?"

Taehyung stares at Jungkook who's cheeks had a small tint of pink in disbelief before chuckling to himself still processing what happened. "Yea, what's the question."
















 

//Author's note

Hello fellow readers! I just wanted to apologize for not updating this story for a while. I really didn't know how or what to write for the next chapter so I was stuck not knowing what to write. But i'm back now and hopefully that will never happen again. Again, I truly apologize.

-phoebe//