Not Sober

Dumb and Dumber

"Yea, whatever" Taehyung says into his phone before ending it. He sighed as he ran his hand over his hair still thinking about the conversation he just had. 
Taehyung rolled his eyes before trudging his way back into the living room. 
He stepped into the living room and took a quick glance at Jungkook who seemed to be reading the biology textbook. 
"Oh! You're back!" Jungkook said with a small hint of surprise in his face as he tilted his head to face Taehyung. 
Taehyung nodded as he walked over beside Jungkook with no expression on his face whatsoever. He slid his phone back into his pocket and slumped down beside Jungkook on the carpet who was looking at him with a worried face.

There was a moment of silence before Jungkook cleared his throat and opened his mouth to speak.

"Is everything alright?" 

 

"It was my mom" Taehyung sputtered out as he turned his head to the side to look at Jungkook. "Ah...your..your mom"Jungkook said quietly as he remembered the picture on the wall.

"Aish.." Taehyung mumbled out as he swung his head back against the leather couch and closed his eyes in frustration. Jungkook sat quietly as he looked down at Taehyung's hands were curled up in a fist on the floor. He felt helpless for once, not knowing what to do, Jungkook bit the corner of his lower lip and stared at the unorganized table in front of them.

"Your mom...is it Mrs.Kim?" Jungkook asked breaking the silence once again. Taehyung rubbed the corner of his eyes and opened them slowly as he pushed himself against the couch so his back was leaning on it.

"She's my mom" Taehyung mumbled out quietly before looking into Jungkook's uneasy eyes. Jungkook's eyes widened as he was still in shock that the everything that it was true. "-and is Soohyun your sister?" Jungkook asked as a little more clearer than before. Taehyung stared at Jungkook and the corner of his lips curved up slightly.

"Why?" Taehyung asked out loud.

 

"N..no. I'm just wondering since she's in your family picture over there" Jungkook said as he motioned his head towards the direction of the picture. Taehyung glanced over behind him where Jungkook was looking at and chuckled. "You're not naive for once" Taehyung mumbled out as he rested his head on the side of the couch.

Jungkook shifted his body so he was facing Taehyung who seemed to be a little on edge. "Why don't you like your mom?" Jungkook asked out quietly not knowing if Taehyung would open up about it to him. 

 

"I just...don't like her"

 

"Why" Jungkook asked a little more louder this time around

 

"-because she...uses me"

 

Jungkook stared at Taehyung who had his eyes closed and immediately felt his entire body shutter with the word 'use'.

Jungkook stayed silent since he was unable to make any words come out of his mouth. Taehyung slowly opened his eyes and looked Jungkook in the eyes before sighing. "She uses me for money" Taehyung said as he felt his throat start to close in on him. Jungkook noticed that Taehyung's voice got more low and raspy and tears had started to build up in his eyes which was clearly seen from the illumination of the natural lighting hitting them through the windows.

Jungkook didn't want to force answers out of Taehyung since he could tell the topic he brought up was sensitive him. 

 

"Let's go"

 

"What?"

 

"The club" Jungkook said as he lifted himself up from the ground before dragging Taehyung along as well.

 

...

 

"Yah..Taehyung. Stop drinking" Jungkook said as he tried reaching for the bottle of Soju in Taehyung's hand. "no" Taehyung muttered out as he took another shot before wiping his mouth with his sleeve. Taehyung's cheeks were pink and his eyes were droopy.

"You..." "You..." Taehyung said again as he pointed his finger towards Jungkook. "Stop looking at me" Taehyung blurted out before chuckling to himself.

 

F***, he's extremely drunk

 

Jungkook thought to himself as he looked down at the bottles of Soju on the table. It was Taehyung's fifth bottle. "Taehyung! Stop! You drank way too much" Jungkook said a little more louder as the music began playing in the club again. There was so many people everywhere, some were drunk, some were dancing, some were making out, and others were just chatting and having fun.

"You can't tell me what to do Mr." Taehyung chuckled out as he smiled at Jungkook slyly. "Did I ever tell you... you're so ing hot " Taehyung said out loud as he leaned his entire body against the table knocking over an empty bottle of Soju over so he could look Jungkook in the eyes. Jungkook stared at Taehyung who was swaying back on forth on his seat before standing up and grabbing the bottle out out of his hands.

"You're drunk Taehyung, let's go back home now" Jungkook said loudly as the music in the club was overpowering the sound around them. "No! give it back" Taehyung whined as he attempted to grab the bottle back but failing. "Come on, let's go" Jungkook yelled hoping his voice was heard over the blasting music. "No!!! I want to stay here!!" Taehyung whined even louder as he pushed Jungkook away before slumping down on his seat again.

Jungkook sighed as he looked at Taehyung who was absolutely wasted. "Stay here, I'll be right back!" Jungkook said to Taehyung as he pushed his way around people to get to the counter to pay.

 

"That'll be 46 dollars" The man standing behind the counter said as he took the half filled soju bottle from Jungkook's hand. Jungkook 's mouth dropped open. "46?!" Jungkook asked again in disbelief in his voice. The man nodded his head as his attention turned to a girl that appeared beside Jungkook.

Jungkook swore under his breath as he took out cash from his wallet knowing that he has never spent this much just for drinking before. And it wasn't even for him, it was for Taehyung. Jungkook looked at the man behind the counter who was obviously to intrigued with the conversation he had with the girl. Jungkook tried getting the man's attention but failed. He left the money on the counter and made his way back to the corner of the club where Taehyung was.

As Jungkook stuggled his way through the loud and stuffy atmosphere he spotted Taehyung dancing with a few girls on the dance floor. One of the girl was all up on Taehyung which made Jungkook uncomfortable. he walked up to the girl and pushed her off and grabbing a hold of Taehyung's wrist. "Sorry, he's leaving now" Jungkook said as he dragged Taehyung who was stumbling behind him.

"aweee, why do we have to leave" Taehyung groaned as his speech was obviously slurred. Jungkook pushed open the front doors of the club and immediately felt the cold wind hit his face. "I had so much fun dancing! You should've seen me, I was so good" Taehyung said as he tried to get Jungkook's grip off of his wrist.

The music in the club was barely heard as the front doors slammed shut. Jungkook looked at Taehyung who has plastered himself on the sidewalk. "Taehyung, get up. We need to go" Jungkook said as he knelt down and swung one of Taehyung's arm over his shoulder to support him. Jungkook soon gave up as he realized that Taehyung had completely passed out on the sidewalk. "Aishh.." Jungkook mumbled out in frustation before looking at his face which was completely pink.

 

...

 

Jungkook struggled walking up the hill as Taehyung's weight was pushing against his back. He has been piggy-backing Taehyung for at least 10 minutes now. Sweat has started to form on Jungkook's face as he pushed himself to continue. " my mom...takes all the money I earn from tutoring to use for herself" "You know...it's unfair. That woman should be glad to have such a smart son like me, but instead she...she uses me just to keep all the money." Taehyung suddenly mumbled out as he was half passed out on Jungkook's back. Jungkook tilted his head a little to see that Taehyung's eyes were closed.

The rest of the walk was quiet. The sky has turned dark as the day was coming to an end. It was all peaceful, just the sound of Jungkook's steps. Jungkook felt Taehyung shift his body behind him. Taehyung's head was hanging off of Jungkook's shoulder. He felt Taehyung's arms wrap around his neck tighter as a gust of wind blew by followed by complete silence again.

 

"You know..I really like you" 

 

Taehyung mumbled into Jungkook's ear.

 

Taehyung...likes me..