[Going Our Separate Ways]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

I thought things would be better after he promised me that he’d laid off the drugs. But it didn’t turn out that way. Ever since he started going out to the clubs with his boss, he wouldn’t go home till late at night, or even not going home at all. There were many times I tried to contact him, he wouldn’t respond until a few hours later or not till the next day. I didn’t get to see him as often as before. Whenever I asked if I could see him, he’d say he couldn’t because of work. I let him be because I thought he wanted to be alone. I was very frustrated and anxious because his behaviour changed so drastically. I felt very distanced from him. This went on for several weeks until I couldn’t stand it anymore. During my day off, I decided to go to his apartment to see if he’d be there after he didn’t respond to any of my calls and messages.

I knocked on his door, hoped he'd be there. No answer. I knocked again, but harder this time. Still no respond. “Kim WooBin! Open the door!” I shouted as I banged the door with my fist. Still silent. “!” I cursed as I kicked the door out of frustration.

Finally, he opened the door. I pushed the door wide opened as I entered, “Where have you been?” I glared at him as I slammed the door shut.

“Nothing,” his tone was flat as he turned away and walked straight to his bedroom.

I followed behind him as I scanned through his place. It was a total mess - emptied food containers, liquor bottles and cans, cigarette packs, and dirty laundry almost covered the entire place. He pulled out a cigarette from a packet, held it with his lips as he dropped the packet onto the nightstand and shoved his hand in his front pocket on his jeans to look for a lighter.

“What happened to you? And why is your place like this?” I asked as I tried to stand closer him, but he'd dodge away from me.

“Nothing,” he answered while he flipped through his things.

“Why didn’t you return my calls or my messages? Do you know how worried I was after you went missing in action?” I raised my voice to get his attention.

“I was busy,” he shrugged one of his shoulders, picked up his jacket from the floor and continued to search for a lighter.

“That’s it? Because you’re busy?” I scowled at him.

He took out a lighter from a pocket on his jacket and threw the jacket on his bed, “I told you I’ve been busy so I didn't have time to talk,” he responded as he walked passed me to the balcony.

“You didn’t have time to talk?” I raised a brow while I followed him, “But you have the time to go out with your boss, going to clubs, and get high?” I mocked him. He continued to smoke his cigarette with his forearms rested on the rail. “You promised me that you’d cut down on the drugs. And you broke the promise… What happened to you…? This is not the real you…” I spoke softly.

He took his last drag of his cigarette and dumped the cigarette in the ashtray. Without eye contact, he walked passed me as if I was invisible, took the TV remote controller as he sat down on the couch, and the TV. I stomped toward him and grabbed the controller out of his hand and shut the TV off.

“I’m talking to you!” I shouted as I frowned.

“What do you want?!” he raised his voice as he stood up. I could see the anger and frustration in his eyes and a muscle in his jaw twitched.

“Kim WooBin, get your sh*t together! Stop partying! Stop doing drugs! Stop drug dealing!” I yelle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter