[Making Decisions]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

I fell in love with someone who I thought I knew fairly well, but I was completely wrong. I didn't just fell in love with a mob leader; I was pregnant with his child too. And the baby's father didn't know he or she existed.

‘You’re all kinds of ed up, Kim SoHee,’ I thought as I paced myself back home. 

“What am I going to do…?” I whimpered while I blinked back a tear but it escaped and slid down my cheek.

 

 

After I spoke with JooHyuk, I became very depressed. Unless I had to go to work, I'd lock myself in the room and not speak to anyone. Ever since I had found out I was pregnant, I stopped all of my bad habits: cigarettes, drugs, and nightclubs. The last time I had gone clubbing was when I introduced ChangWook to my crew at UNIUN. Chaerin did contact me after, and I told her I wouldn't be able to go party with them anymore. Although there were times I'd missed them and wanted to get high and party with them, but those were my 'wants' not my 'needs'. I didn't need to smoke cigarettes, I didn't need to go out every weekend to party, I didn't need to get high on drugs. Because those weren't my necessities. What I needed was my wellbeing, and most importantly my baby. I had already made up my mind of what I wanted to do in my life which was becoming a good mother for my child. 

Although I was very determined but I was very anxious too because I still had to deal with the legal issue. And I couldn't guarantee nothing would happen to me. Despite the legal issue, I still hadn't figure out what to do about my relationship with ChangWook. I wasn't sure if I could accept him because of who he was. Due to the fact that he was a crime boss, I didn't think it'd be safe for my child and me to be near him. There could be a possibility of his enemies would hurt us just like how Hong JongHyun used me to seek revenge on ChangWook. On the other hand, if I kept ChangWook out of our child's life, he or she wouldn't have a father. My only hope was ChangWook could quit being a crime boss for our child's sake. And I did believe that if ChangWook could give up being a mob leader then all these problems would disappear.

I had yet to tell anyone that I was pregnant since I wanted to wait for my doctor to confirm that I was pregnant. I had heard there were women who had a positive result on the home pregnancy test, it turned out they weren't pregnant. I thought I might be one of those women so I didn't want to break the news to anyone until my doctor had verified that I was pregnant. A couple of days later, I finally received a phone call from my doctor while I was working.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hi, am I speaking to Kim SoHee?” a female voice asked.

“Yes,” I responded.

“Great, I’m calling from the doctor’s office regarding your pregnancy test result,” she said.

“Okay,” I replied.

“Congratulations! Your result came back positive,” she told me.

“So I am pregnant...?” I asked.

“Yes, you are. I’ve already made you a referral to see the obstetrician. They will give you a call very soon to book an appointment,” she informed me.

“Oh, okay. Thank you…” I said softly and ended the call. Then I placed my phone down on the desk as I stared into space.

‘It’s confirmed…what should I do next? I still haven't decided what to do yet...’ I wondered as I started to panic. Then, I drifted my gaze to EunJi who was organizing paperwork.

“E-EunJi-ah...” I stuttered while my throat constricted and unshed tears stung my eyes. She stared at me with her lips slightly apart in surprise and then she stopped what she was doing. “I’m sorry. You’re right... I’m messed up,” I whimpered.

“W-Why are you crying?” she asked as she pulled a chair closer to me and sat down. “What’s wrong?” she questioned while she had her hand on my shoulder and I sobbed even harder. “People can hear you, shh!” she hushed as she glanced around us.

“What did I do to deserve this...” I cried and I covered my face with my palms.

“You know what? Let’s talk on our way home,” she suggested.

After we finished work, EunJi suggested talking while she gave me a ride home.  But half way through our conversation, she interrupted me.

“Stop, stop, stop. L-Let me park my car first,” she commanded as she made a turn into a small street of my neighbourhood, “I swear I’m going to crash before you finish your story,” she said sarcastically.

“Don’t say that…” I nudged her. So I waited for her to park her car first and turned off the ignition.

“Okay, let me get this right,” she paused and took off her seatbelt, “You and Changwook were arrested because it was a setup?” she asked as she raised her brow higher than the other and thenI bobbed my head, “And recently you just found out ChangWook is a mob leader?” she questioned with her eyes became more alerted and focused and mouth slightly opened.

“Yes,” I answered as I drifted my gaze down and my head slightly turned away. 

“And the baby’s father is…?” she asked cautiously.

“Changwook,” I muttered and I glanced at her.

“Jesus…” she sighed as she looked away and shook her head in disbelief, “Are you going to keep the baby?” she questioned.

“I want to…” I murmured.

“If you want to... then what’s your plan?” she asked and stared at me. I lowered my head as I pressed my lips together, “You know you’d have to carry the baby while you wait for the court trial, right? And you don’t even know what's going to happen to you,” she pointed out.

“I didn’t do anything wrong though...It wasn’t my gun,” I stated as I drew my brows together and my mouth curved down.

“I know, but…” she sighed as she ran her fingers through her hair, “I’m just saying you’re taking a risk. It’s such a bad timing to be pregnant right now. You’re still so young. And you don’t even have the money to support a baby... how are you gong to take care of one?” she asked and folded her arms.

“EunJi-ah…” I called as I stared at her, “I know it’s not the right timing to have a baby right now. But, I feel like this baby can change my life," I responded, "You were right. I was a drug addict. I was lost in life. You’ve seen how I’ve changed into a sloppy person. Honestly, I didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life. I live each day because I had to not because I wanted to," I remarked with my eyebrows started knotting, created a vertical furrow.

“But-“ I interrupted her.

“Just because of my mistakes, I have to kill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter