[Rumors]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Early in the morning, I dropped MinGuk off at the daycare before I went to work. I changed into my uniform after I had arrived at the hospital. Then I headed to the report room with other nurses were gathered around to divided the patients up before we started our meeting with the head nurse.

“What's your work schedule for this week?” TaeYeon asked while we were exiting the room.

“I have four ten hours shifts this week," I answered, "But afterwards I will have to do three night shifts..." I sighed.

“Oh, then who's going to take care of your son?" she questioned.

"He will be staying over at my parents' place," I replied.

“TaeYeon-ah,”  a male voice called, we looked behind us and it was BaekHyun. “I was just looking for you,” he said as he approached us.

“Oh, I was in a meeting,” she replied and asked, “What’s up?”

“Nothing much,” he answered, “Just wanted to see my girlfriend,” he smirked as he puts his arm on TaeYeon's shoulder. TaeYeon tilted her head forward and covered her face with her hands, embarrassed.

“Oh my god…" I exhaled and rolled my eyes, "Stop making me cringe...” I demanded as I hugged myself and shook my head.

“Whattt?” he chuckled, “Are you jelly?” he teased as he waggled his brows.

“Yea, yeah, yeah… I’m so jealous…” I responded with sarcasm.

“I wouldn’t be surprised if you are, I mean…” he paused and pulled TaeYeon closer to him, “We are an ideal couple,” he claimed.

“Stop… We’re at work right now,” TaeYeon muttered as she tried to shrugged his arm off of her.

“I know, right?” I agreed, “Be more professional!” I advised.

“I am professional, okay?” he said with a smug smile on his face.

"Good morning, Dr. Byun," two medical students greeted as they were walking passed us. Baehyun quickly moved his arms away from TaeYeon’s shoulders and he lifted his hand up in greeting as he turned around. Then the students bowed to him before they walked away.

“See? I told you…” TaeYeon murmured. He gave her an embarrassed grin and slowly turned his head away.

“Alright," I laughed, "I’m going to leave you lovely dovey couple alone now,” I chuckled.

As I was going through a list of my patients, a nurse at the reception informed me that one of my patients had pressed the nurse call button and then I made my way to the patient’s room.

While I was going closer to the room, the door was already opened. Then I noticed there were visitors in the room so I knocked on the door to notify them that I was there. They turned their heads to my direction, my jaw dropped immediately as soon as I realized who they were.

“ChaeRin... GD...?” I whispered as I stepped closer to them and gazed at them in shock.

“SoHee…?” ChaeRin called. I looked behind her to see who was on the hospital bed - it was TOP.

“What happened?” I questioned.

“He almost overdose…” GD sighed.

“What…?” I gasped as I stared at TOP who was sitting up on the bed.

"Hello, SoHee! Long time no see!" he greeted while he waved at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked. 

“Of course I am!" he smirked, "Who am I? I'm T.O.P! Nothing can kill me!" he joked. The fact he could still joke around, I knew he was okay. "I'm fine, don't worry," he assured.

“Don’t worry?” ChaeRin repeated, “You scared the sh*t out of us,” she said as she glared at him with her arms crossed over her chest.

“Chill out, girl...” he replied as he glanced at ChaeRin, "You guys were just overrating..." he added as he leaned back on his bed and rested his head on his palms, trying to relax.

“Are you ing serious right now?“ she asked as she uncrossed her arms and stepped closer to TOP, but GD stopped her.

“Okay, guys. Stop,” GD ordered, “SoHee-ah, we want to know when TOP can be discharged,” he wondered.

“ Um, I have to ask the doctor before I could let you know, “I answered.

“Okay, thank you,” he said.

“No problem. I will be back," I informed and then I looked at TOP, "In the meantime, please take a rest,” I told him. He nodded his head and gave me a smile.

As I was about to leave, ChaeRin asked if she could talk to me for a few moments. So we went to the cafeteria and got ourselves a cup of coffee before we sat down and talked.

“So what exactly happened to TOP?” I questioned. She leaned back in her chair and crossed her legs in front of her while she took in a long breath.

“You know, we did what we usually do at a club,” she started, “We knew something was wrong with him because he was sweating, and his skin was cold and paled. Few minutes went by, we started to panic after h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter