[Five Years Later]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“SoHee,” a nurse walked passed me and I turned around, “Hi!” TaeYeon waved.

“Oh, hi!” I greeted.

“Are you leaving now?” she asked.

“Soon, I just have to double check with a patient then I will be off work,” I answered.

“Okay, see on Monday then,” she responded and I nodded as I smiled.

Soon after, I made my way toward a patient’s room. I knocked on the door first before I entered the room. 

“How are you feeling, Mr. Lee?” I asked as I closed the door behind me.

“Much better…” he murmured while he struggled to pour water in a cup since he had a cast on one of his arms. Instantly, I approached him.

“Oh! Let me help you,” I suggested and gave him a helping hand.

“Ah, thank you…” he replied after I handed him the cup.

“Not a problem,” I responded, “Do you need anything else?” I questioned and he shook his head as he sipped on his water. “Okay, I just want to let you know it’s the end of my shift now so another nurse will take over. If you need help with anything, just press the buzzer,” I informed.

“Alright, thanks,” he nodded and I excused myself.

Once I had exited the patient's room, I went to the reception to notified a nurse that I had finished my shift. Shortly after, I headed to the staff locker room to change out of my uniform. As I was driving back home from the hospital, I received a call from my mom.

“Hello?” I answered.

“SoHee-ah,” Mom spoke, “what time are you going to be home by?” she asked.

“I just finished work. I'm going home now to shower and then I will go pick up MinGuk from daycare... so we should be home in an hour,” I answered.

“Okay, I’m going to the grocery store with your dad right now and then we'll come over to your place,” she replied.

“Alright. I’m almost home, so I will talk to you later, Mom,” I responded.

In a short time when I arrived home, I quickly took a shower and put on a clean outfit. I rushed out the door and commuted to MinGuk’s school. Shortly after I had entered the school, a teacher welcomed me and lead me to the classroom.

“MinGuk-ah,” she called, “Mommy’s here!” she notified. I stood by the door while I glanced around the classroom and then I spotted my son immediately jumped out of his seat.

“Mommy!” he yelled as he ran toward me and hugged my legs.

“Hey, buddy!” I grinned as I gently patted his back, “Are you ready to go home?” I asked and he lifted his chin up.

“Yes!” he answered with a smile.

“Okay, go get your backpack and we will go home,” I told him and he ran back in the classroom.

After fifteen minutes of driving, I had finally reached the underground parking lot of our residence. I exited the vehicle first before I helped MinGuk got out of the car seat and then we casually walked toward the entrance of our apartment.

“MinGuk-ah, you’re going to hurt yourself if you run so fast,” I warned as I exited the elevator.

“No, I won’t,” he giggled while he continued to run. I shook my head as I pulled my keys out from my purse. “Grandma! Grandpa!” I heard him yelled and then I noticed my parents were standing by the door of our home.

“MinGuk-ah!” Dad laughed with his arms spread wide apart while MinGuk sprinted toward him. “How’s my grandson doing?” he asked and lifted MinGuk up and carried him in his arms.

“Good!” MinGuk shouted as he lifted his arm up and my parents chuckled at him. I unlocked the door and let them in before me.

“Let’s go,” Dad told MinGuk as he stepped inside with MinGuk still in his arms.

“Grandpa, can we play?” MinGuk asked.

“Of course!" Dad agreed, "What do you want to play?” he questioned.

“How come you guys came here so fast?” I asked as I glanced at Mom and then I helped her carried some of the grocery bags.

“Yeah, we finished grocery shopping faster than we expected,” she replied and I closed the door behind her.

“Put the groceries on the counter and I will sort it out,” I advised.

“It’s fine, I can do it. You should go rest,” she insisted and took the bags from me.

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Yeah, don’t worry. I’ll wake you up when dinner is ready. Go rest,” she answered as she gently pushed me out of the kitchen.

“Oh...okay, thanks,” I replied and then I walked over to MinGuk and Dad who were playing on the play mats. “MinGuk-ah,” I called as I knelt down next to him, “mommy’s going to take a nap,” I informed

“Okay, mommy,” he responded and his gaze fixed at the toys.

"I’ll take care of him,” Dad promised me and I glanced at him.

“Thanks,” I nodded and then I caressed MinGuk's head, “Can I have a kiss?” I asked him. Then he turned his face to me and gave me a peck on the lips. “Thank you, baby,” I grinned as I stood up and went to the bedroom to take a nap.

Two hours later, my mom came into my room and woke me up to let me know that dinner was ready. I slowly go out of the bed and paced myself to the dining table.

“SoHee-ah, I made extra food for you and MinGuk. I put everything in the fridge,” Mom notified while I yawned and stretched out my arms.

“Okay…” I muttered and took a seat next to MinGuk.

“Mommy,” my son called and placed a piece of meat in my bowl, “it’s yummy! Grandma made it,” he said.

“Awww! thank you, baby,” I giggled. I leaned forward and gave him a kiss on his cheek.

“How nice of you, MinGuk,” Mom praised, MinGuk's eyes crinkled and gave her a smug little smile.

“So,” Dad started before he swallowed his food, “how do you like it here?” he asked.

“So far so good. This apartment is a bit better than the previous one,” I answere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter