[Exposed]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Here's another chapter. I was going to edit it first before posting it, but I'm very tired. I want to apologize in advance for typos, spelling, and grammar.

SWEET DREAMS :)

 

 

 

After I did my morning hygiene, I headed toward the kitchen. Then, I saw him setting up the dining table.

“Do you need help?” I asked.

“No, it’s fine. Have a seat. Do you want coffee?” he offered.

“Yes, please,” I answered as he walked to the kitchen. Then, I took a seat and waited for him to come back.

“Here you go,” he said as he puts the plate down.

“Oh, thank you!” I responded and picked up the utensils.

“You’re welcome,” he replied and took a seat across from me while I began to eat. “Is the food okay?” he asked. I bobbed my head rapidly and dabbed my mouth with a napkin.

“Yes, thank you. When you’re hungry, everything tastes good,” I muttered as I chewed.

“So,” he paused before he swallows his food, “What do you do for living?” he questioned.

“I work at a dental office as a receptionist. You?” I asked before I took another bite of my food.

“I see. And me? It’s highly classified,” he smirked. I looked at him confused and wondered if my question was too personal to him.

“Oh…you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to,” I replied and focused on eating. Then, I heard him chuckled.

“I’m kidding,” he laughed, “I guess you don’t read the news, huh?” he teased and took a sip of his coffee.

“I don’t get it. What does the news have to do with who you are?” I questioned.

“I guess it’s a good thing that you don’t,” he murmured. Then, I placed my utensils down and held out my hand to him.

“What?” he asked as he glanced at me and continued to eat.

“Can I borrow your phone? My phone has no battery,” I responded.

“Sure,” he allowed as he handed me his phone from the table. “Are you calling someone?” he asked.

“Nope,” I replied as I looked for the ‘internet browser’ app on his phone.

“Then?” he questioned.

“Ah-ha…” I found the app and clicked on the search engine, “Ji…Chaang..w-“ before I could finish typing, he snatched the phone from me.

“I don’t think so,” he smirked and shook his head.

“What? Why? You got my curious now!” I pouted.

“No phone at the dining table,” he ordered as he shoved his phone in his pocket.

“Hey…” I paused with my eyes alerted and focused, “You’re not in a boy band like a kpop idol, are you?” I asked.

“Idol?! I think I’m a little too old to be an idol,” he laughed.

“Wait, how old are you?” I questioned.

“What is this? 21 questions?” He mocked and cleaned his mouth with a napkin.

“Fine, fine… I won’t ask.” I murmured while I picked up my fork and continued to eat.

“I’m 27,” he answered and I glanced at him.

“Oh, you’re 5 years older than me,” I revealed.

“Cool. Now eat. I still have to drive you home,” he reminded me.

“Oh! Right! I forgot,” I remembered.

After we finished our meal, ChangWook gave me a ride home. I thanked him for taking care of me and apologized for all the troubles I had caused to him. He was very generous and accepted my apology. As I was about to change into my pyjamas, I realized I was still wearing his clothes. I wanted to contact him to let him know I’d clean it before I give it back to him, but I forgot I didn’t have his number. So, I put it in the laundry and wondered if I could return it back to him.

 

It was just another regular day at work, except it wasn’t busy. I was sitting at my desk and scrolling through Instagram on my phone until I received a message from ChaeRin.

 

-Text Message-

From ChaeRin

Hey, just want to know if you’re okay

I haven’t heard from you since last time I saw you

_________

-Text Message-

To: ChaeRin

Hey, sorry! I forgot to message you.

Don’t worry, I’m okay.

_________

-Text Message-

From: ChaeRin

That’s good. What happened, though?

I kept calling you but none of my calls went through

_________

-Text Message-

To: ChaeRin

Long story.

My phone ran out of battery…

I will tell you the story when I get to see you.

_________

-Text Message-

From: ChaeRin

Oh, okay.

Then are you coming to UNIUN with us this weekend?

________

-Text Message-

To: ChaeRin

Yup, I am

________

-Text Message-

From: ChaeRin

Okay, I will see you then!

 

“What are you doing?” I heard EunJi asked as she tried to peek at my phone.

“Nothing!” I answered as I quickly put my phone away.

“So, what are you doing this weekend? Want to hang out?” she asked with a smile.

“Uh, this weekend? Um…I can’t…I have plans this weekend,” I responded as I tried to think of an excuse.

“Aww, why?” she whined and pouted her lower lip.

“Oh, um…my relatives are coming over to my house this weekend. So I have to spend time with my family,” I lied.

“Oh…that’s too bad,” she sighed as she leaned back in her chair and crossed her ankles in front of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter