[Thank You]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I will edit this chapter after I finished editing other chapters.

Thank you!

 

 

 

During the whole ride, we didn’t speak. I had no idea where we were going and I didn’t bother to ask. I was completely in my own world; tried to evaluate my life. I knew what I had been doing was wrong, but I didn’t have the motivation to straighten up my act. Like Eunji said, ‘I was lost in life and a drug addict’. I had wondered what happened to the old me. I was a very motivated, honest, and quiet girl. I never thought in a million years that I’d be where I was – partying, doing drugs, and hanging around with people who were bad influences. It was the truth, and I wasn’t able to accept it. I didn’t know what I wanted to do anymore. I had no goals in life and no inspiration. Life was meaningless to me…

“Hey,” he called which made me snapped out of my thoughts.

“Yes?” I replied and glanced at him.

“We’ve arrived,” he announced as I tried to figure out where we were. 

“Where are we?” I asked.

“Let’s go,” he instructed as he got out of the vehicle, and so did I. As soon as I stepped out the car, I heard the sound of splashing waves.

“Are we at a beach?!” I gasped.

“Mhmm,” he paused, “I didn’t know where else to go. I just remember last time I saw you; you seemed to like the sea a lot. So I thought I should bring you here,” he answered as we walked closer to the beach.

‘Wow…’ I thought as I took off my heels and touched the sand with my bare feet. Then, I sat down on the sand and placed my heels next to me.

“Here,” he placed his jacket on me, “It’s cold,” he said as he sat down next to me.

“Ohhhh, so gentleman,” I teased.

“I’m always a gentleman,” he smirked.

“Thank you.” I giggled.

Even though I couldn’t really see what was in front of me because of the darkness. Just by listening to the sounds of waves coming from far and the sounds of splashing water coming close near the shore; the inside of me felt the warmth of never ending freedom. Sitting down on the beach, tasted the salty smell of the wind that came from the ocean, it really calmed my nervous system and all the negative thoughts disappeared.

“Thank you…” I said with the corners of my mouth turned up.

“You’re welcome,” he nodded as he glanced at me.

I closed my eyes and let the breeze touched my skin. I took a deep breath through my nose and exhaled as I lay down on my back. Then, I straightened my leg and stared at the sky full of stars.

“So,” he started, “How are you feeling?” he asked as he observed our surroundings.

“Um…a bit better, I guess,” I answered.

“That-“ his phone rang which interrupted him.

“Hello?” he answered the call as I continued to stare at the sky, “I’m busy right now. What’s up? Something came up, so I left. Uh, huh…so what now? I’ll let you deal with it, but keep me posted, ” he ended the call and shoved his phone back in his pocket.

“Liar. You’re not busy,” I chuckled as I glanced at him.

“Rudee? Why were you eavesdropping?” he teased and gazed down at me.

“It’s not like I did it on purpose,” I huffed. He smirked and shifted his gaze back to the ocean.

“Hey,” I paused, “Can I ask you a question?” I asked.

“Go ahead,” he allowed.

“Who are you?” I questioned. He turned his gaze back at me with his brows snapped together.

“I thought I told you,” he responded.

“Well, I only know your name, age, and you work for you parents,” I recalled.

“I never said I work for my parents,” he replied.

“You said your family owns-“

“I said my family owns a real estate company, I never said I work for them,” he clarified.

“Oh…” I whispered, “I remembered when I asked you about your job… You made a comment about how I don’t read the news?” I mentioned.

“Ahh,” he chuckled, “You see… My family doesn’t just run a real estate company that worth billions of dollars; they have high-status. So, basically, my family lives under the spotlights. I’m not saying everyone in the nation knows who we are, just that my family is pretty well-known in the business industry,” he explained.

“Oh, I get it now,” I said.

“Do you really get it?” he smirked.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Ah…” he exhaled as he lay down next to me with his hand supported his head, “What it’s like to live under the spotlights…” he spoke and kept his gaze at the sky, “If you have the wealth, power, and fame, people would want to know more about you. It’s like every step you take or every move you make, there would be someone watching you. If you’re from a high-status family, people would want to be close to you, take advantage of you, or even try to harm you,” he added.

“Wow…that must . It’s like you don’t have any freedom and always have to be on your guard,” I said as I shook my head.

“That’s why my parents would always be very strict with me. I had to d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter