[He's Gone]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hello,

Here'sr chapter 3. I'm very sorry for all the grammar, spelling, and typos. I did this really quick and had no time to edit it.  But, I will edit tomorrow!

Honestly, I almost fell asleep writing this... I had a long day today. Haha.

I hope my fanfic isn't too "dark", "extreme", "boring" for you guys. If yes, I apologized TT

THANK YOU & GOOD NIGHT!

 

 

 

WooBin suggested to give me a ride home, but I refused. After I left his apartment, I called EunJi if I could talk to her. She noticed something was wrong with me since she heard me crying on the phone. She told me to go over to her house and then we could talk. Once I had arrived at EunJi’s doorsteps, I rang the doorbell and waited for her to appear. I heard footsteps approaching behind the door.

“Sohee," she called after she opened the door.

“Oh! Sohee-ah, you’re here!” her mom said. I greeted as I bowed to her mom, tucked my hair behind my ears, and forced a smile. Before her mom could say anything, EunJi grabbed my arm and pulled me to the stairs.“Do you guys want anything to drink? It’s almost time for dinner!” she shouted as we walked up the stairs.

“No thank you!” EunJi yelled as we entered her bedroom and closed the door behind us.

“So?” she started, “What happened?” she asked while she guided me to her bed. Once we sat down, I commenced telling her everything from the beginning of my relationship with WooBin to the end of our relationship. Eunji knew I was with Woobin, but I never mentioned to her about his past, his involvement with drugs, and how I started to use drugs. There was no doubt that she’d be shocked and confused.

“Oh. My. God…” fell opened in disbelief, “Stop, stop, stop. Let me disgest this,” she said as she paced back and forth in front of me while I was sitting on her bed crying with my head down, “So, he got you into drugs… He’s a drug dealer…” she said and stood there. I lifted up my head and stared at her, “You were dating a ing drug dealer?!” she shouted with her eyes widened.

“Shh!” I hushed as I put my index finger to my lips, “Not so loud! Your family can hear you!” I said.

“Why didn’t you tell me this before? I thought I’m your best friend,” she lowered her voice as she sat down next to me.

“I’m sorry…” I apologized as I daubed my eyes with a tissue and swallowed a sob.

“EunJi-ah,” my voice quivered, “I don’t know what to do…” I wept and placed my head on her shoulder. She puts her hand on my back and another hand caressed my head.

“You’re okay. You can get over this,” she tried to comfort me. I pulled back and looked at her.

“I’m not okay! How can I get over this? I love him… I don’t want to lose him,” I cried.

“Sohee-ah,” she said softly, “You should let him go,” she stated.

“I can’t, I don’t want to. Why does he have to do this me?” I muttered.

“He’s doing this because he loves you,” she replied.

“If he does love me, he wouldn’t do this to me,” I remarked.

“No, Sohee. I don’t think you understand. I don’t think his intentions were meant to hurt you. He’s going through a life crisis. He knows that if you continued to be with him, there’s a possibility that you might end up like him one day. He’s embarrassed and ashamed of himself for what he did to you. You being there with him would only make him hate himself even more because you remind him of his flaws. He can’t even take care of himself right now, so how can he even take care of you? He wants to change. He wants to get his life back together,” she insisted. I sniffled and wiped the off my cheeks while I listened to her.

“SoHee-ah, you have to listen to me,” she said while she held my arms and her expression showed she was concerned, “Don’t touch drugs anymore. It can lead you to a very very bad place if you continue,” she emphasized with her eyes alerted and focused. “WooBin is a very good example. You don’t want to be where he is now. You saw how he changed and everything around him slowly fell apart. You don’t want that to happen to you. Believe me when I say this. Drugs get more addictive each time you do it. It changes your mindset, your personality, and your life. Pull yourself out before it’s too late,” she explained. I pursued my lips together in distress, and I had nothing to say. “Do you understand?” she asked firmly and I looked down and away. “Do you?!” she raised her tone and shook my arm, I nodded gently.

“Okay…” I muttered, she then pulled me in for a hug and I cried loudly.

“Shh..Shh.. it’s okay. I’m here with you,” she hushed.

“EunJi-ah!! It’s time to eat dinner!” I heard Eunji’s mom shouted from downstairs. She let go of me as she glanced at the door then back at me.

“Um… I think it would be awkward if you go downstairs now,” she pointed to her eyes, hinted that my eyes were swollen from all the crying, “Why don’t you stay in here while I go down to have dinner with my family. I’m sure you'd want some alone time to think. And if you’re tired you can sleep in my bed,” she said as walked toward the door, “Text me if you need anything, okay?” she waved her phone in her hand and opened the door. I gave her a nod and a half smile. Then she closed the door behind her.

 

 

Weeks after weeks, and then months after months; my condition had gone worse. I had become more depressed. I finally understood what WooBin meant by ‘using drugs to escape from reality’. I didn’t listen to EunJi at all, and yet I did exactly opposite of what she advised me. Not only I didn’t quit doing drugs but also started smoking cigarettes and partying. I’d work during weekdays and party on the weekends. Eventually, I joined this crew whom I met at a club. We’d party and get high every weekend. Basically, I’d see them more than my family.

It was just another typical Saturday night with my crew at a club. I wanted to take a break from the loud and crowded environment, so I went outside to the smoking area to have a smoke. While I was smoking, I heard someone called my name. It was one of the girls from the crew.

“SoHee!” ChaeRin called, “One of the boys gave me this,” she said as she showed me what was in her hand, “Want one?” she smirked as she held out a pill with her fingers. I smiled at her, unfolded my arms, and held my hand out. She dropped it in my hand and held up a glass of liquid in her another hand.

“What’s in it?” I asked.

“It’s juice. I know you don’t drink alcohol,” she answered.

“Thanks,” I chuckled. I po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter