[The Court Hearing]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Uh…hello,” I said as I bowed to her in greeting.

“SoHee,” my dad called and gestured me to sit down next to him and I did. 

“I’m just going to cut the chase and be very straightforward with you,“ ChangWook’s mom said after she sat down across from us. Then she took out an envelope from her purse and tossed it on the coffee table.

“What’s this?” my mom asked after she sat down beside me. My dad picked up the envelope and opened it.

“It’s a cheque. All you have to do is write your name on it and the money is all yours. But there’s one condition,” she paused as she crossed her legs and continued, “I want you to stay away from my son.”

“You can take this back,” I replied as I tried to maintain eye contact with her so I wouldn’t seem intimidated by her.

“Why? Is the number not good enough? Tell me how much you want, so you would leave my son alone,” she insisted.

“I don’t need your money,” I defended.

“Maybe you don’t need my money, but I’m sure the baby needs my money,” she sneered. I blinked with surprise, then I glanced at my parents who were just surprised as I was. 

“H-How do you-“ she interrupted me.

“How do I know you’re pregnant?” she finished my question and then she smirked, “All I had to do was to spend a little bit of money,” she added with a smug smile.

“So you’re saying you hired a private investigator?” I asked.

“Um, something like that,” she answered and continued, “Even though you are carrying my son’s child, I would never ever acknowledge the baby as my grandchild. So please, take the money and do whatever you like with it. You can use it on the child, find a new place to live or you can move out of the country if-“ I interrupted her.

“Why do I need to move? This is my home and my parent’s home,” I scowled and then she laughed at me.

“You know who my son is, right? He’s a mod leader. Despite the illegal activities he has been doing, he has enemies who want to harm him. You’re not scared they would come hurt you and your family?” she mentioned. I hated to admit, but she had a point there. I looked away and down as I frowned. “So take my offer and have a nice life. Never ever show your face and your child in front of my family again, especially my son,” she warned. I kept my gaze down and didn’t respond to her.

“Um,” my dad paused and stood up, “I’ll be back,” he said.

“Bring a pen with you when you come back,” she ordered and then I heard my dad sighed before he stepped away. 

“It’s okay…” my mom whispered as she placed her arm around me. I shifted my gaze to her and forced a smile. Just then, she shifted her gaze from me to what was behind me and stood up instantly.

“You ing b*tch!” I heard my dad cursed and I turned around. He came back with a broomstick in his hand and my mom blocked him immediately from going any closer to ChangWook’s mom.

“Stop! You can’t do this!” my mom yelled as she tried to pull him away. Changwook’s mom jumped out her seat and took a few steps back.

“Get the out!” he shouted as he lifted the broomstick up to threaten her.

“Are you crazy?!” ChangWook’s mom raised her voice as she flinched and terror overtook her face.

“Your son is about to ruin my daughter’s life! And you have the balls to come here to talk sh*t?” he argued with his eyebrows started knotting, created a vertical furrow and his jaw tensed to biting posture.

“It’s more like your daughter is about to ruin my son’s life! If it wasn’t her, my son wouldn’t be in jail right now and I wouldn’t have to spend thousands of dollars on the media from publishing the news!” she defended as she glared at me while I was sitting there quietly as I watched them argued.

“I don’t give two sh*t about how much you spent! Like are you ing retarded? My daughter was dragged into your son’s bullsh*t!” he shouted.

“Why don’t you watch over your daughter and make sure she doesn’t cause anymore trouble to my son!” she yelled.

“Wow…” my dad huffed and passed the broomstick to my mom, “I should be the one saying that. Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean. Your son is a mobster, he’s a criminal,” he stated and he placed his hands on his hip.

“I’m not going to stand here all day arguing with you. Either you take the money or leave it,” she responded as she tugged her shirt collar and brushed her skirt. Without hesitation, my dad walked toward her and grabbed her arm aggressively as she tried to resist from my dad’s grip. While he dragged her out of the living room and I stood up immediately and I followed them.

“How about you take your money and shove it up you’re a*s!” he yelled as he forced her out of the house.

“How dare y-“ before she could say anything, my dad threw her shoes out and slammed the door shut.

“This woman is crazy!” my dad remarked as he pointed at the door and glanced at us, “Unbelievable…” he exhaled and I let out a chuckled. “How can you still be laughing after she disrespected us?” he asked as he raised a brow.

“I thought it was funny how you kicked her out,” I giggled, “I’ve never seen you that angry before,” I stated.

“Of course! Who does she think she is? To insult my daughter like that…” he replied as he shook his head in disbelief. Then I walked toward him and wrapped my arms around him. “I’m sorry, SoHee,” he apologized as he caressed my head.

“Why are you saying sorry?” I asked as I pulled away.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter