[Invitation]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

The next morning, I was still asleep until the phone rang and woke me up. I squinted my eyes as I took my phone out underneath my pillow. It wasn’t my phone that was ringing. It was ChangWook’s, but he wasn't in the room with me. I sat upright as I pulled the blanket closer to me to cover my exposed body. My eyes went around the room and noticed there were folded clothes on the table. I assumed he left it for me. So I got out of the bed, took the clothes, and headed to the bathroom.

After I did my morning routine, I went out the room and looked for ChangWook. As soon as I walked out the room, I heard ChangWook’s voice from downstairs. Once I reached the bottom of the staircase, I heard another voice coming from the living room. I peeped behind the wall, it was Joohyuk sitting with ChangWook in the living room. I began to eavesdrop their conversation.

“Hyung, what are we going to do now?” JooHyuk asked with his eyebrows drew in together as in frustration.

“I don’t know. We’re just going to wait and see,” ChangWook replied while I could only see his back.

“We’re just going to wait and not doing anything?” JooHyuk asked with his eyes widened in shock, “Now that he’s out, I heard that he already has something plan out... to get back at us,” JooHyuk stated.

“Then, we will deal with it when he does,” ChangWook responded.

‘I don’t understand what they were talking about. Is someone going to harm ChangWook?’ I thought while I was still eavesdropping their conversation.

“You know Hong JongHyun is insane, right? How can you be so calm? Are you not worried that he’s going to seek revenge?” JooHyuk questioned.

“There’s a saying, “worrying is stupid. It’s like walking around with an umbrella waiting for it to rain”,” ChangWook chuckled.

“Oh my god! Hyung-“ then, I decided to interrupt their conversation.

“What’s going on?” I asked and stood behind the couch where ChangWook was sitting. They stood up instantly with their wide-rounded eyes and mouth slightly opened after they noticed I was there.

“Uh, hi!” JooHyuk greeted and introduced himself to me, “I’m Nam JooHyuk.”

“Hi…” I replied and glanced at Changwook.

“SoHee-ah, you’re awake,” he said and walked toward me.

“What were you guys talking about? I heard he said someone is going to hurt you guys? Is that true?” I asked with my eyes on him.

“No one is going to hurt us. We were just talking about business,” ChangWook assured and gave me a gentle smile.

“He said someone is out... out from where?” I questioned.

“Oh, I meant he’s out as in he’s not doing business with us anymore since he breached the contract,” Joohyuk tittered as he scratched his head.

“What contract?” I asked as I lifted a brow.

“Uh, three of us have a business together. The person I was talking about... he stole some confidential information from our company for his advantage. So basically he went behind our-“ before JooHyuk could finish his sentence, ChangWook turned around and glared at him.

“Like you said, it’s confidential. Why the f*k are you still talking about it?” ChangWook snapped.

“Sorry…” JooHyuk murmured as he forced a smile in embarrassment and the corners of his smile are stretched sideways instead of up.

“Is everything okay?” I nudge Changwook and then he switched his gaze back to me.

“It’s fine, don’t worry about it,” he said as he my head.

“Oh! And what I meant by he might seek for revenge as in he might try to ruin our-“ JooHyuk wanted to continued.

“Yah!” ChangWook snarled, “Get the out now,” he ordered. JooHyuk realized ChangWook wasn’t happy with him.

“Ah… Sorry,” JooHyuk bowed his head to apologize, “It was nice meeting you, SoHee! Hyung is not in the mood today. So I guess we will-“ he was interrupted after Changwook threw a cushion at him, but JooHyun managed to dodge it.

“Are you leaving or no?” Changwook asked as he grabbed another cushion, “Are you still going to stand here and talk?” Joohyuk quickens his steps as he walked past me.

“Okay! I have to go now! Bye!” JooHyuk waved with a grin on his face. Then, I heard the door closed.

“This ing kid…” ChangWook cursed under his breath with his hands on his hip, “He’s always trying to test my limits,” he sighed and placed the cushion back on the couch.

“It’s okay,” I laughed, “you guys seem very close,” I commented

“We are close. We’ve known each other since we were in high school,” he told me and continued, “and don’t believe everything he says. He likes to bluff a lot.”

“Who’s JongHyun?” I asked and he hesitated before he grabbed the cushion which was on the floor.

“JongHyun and I were business partners. Like JooHyuk said, he betrayed us,” he answered after he picked up the cushion and puts it back on the couch. “Anyways, let’s not talk about that. Are you hungry?” he asked as he walked toward me.

“Mhmm,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter