[Comfort Zone]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I've edited a few chapters, but not all. 

There were so many typos. Thanks to autocorrect!  (Yes, I typed all these chapters on my phone because my laptop is broken...)

I have a love&hate relationship with autocorrect... sigh.

 

 

 

 

After my last conversation with EunJi, we hadn’t spoken to each other. Even at work, we wouldn’t say a word to each other unless it was about work. She and I kept it very professional and didn’t let our personal issues affect our work.

Despite the awkwardness between EunJi and I, I had been thinking about ChangWook quite often. I’d had flashbacks of the moment when we kissed at the beach; it’d still give me the butterflies in my stomach. I wouldn’t say I was in love with him, but I knew I was somewhat attracted to him. 

Finally, I made it through the week of doing absolutely nothing except for work. It was very stressful going to work and having a cold war with Eunji. I couldn’t wait to see the crew and have a blast at the club.

Just like usual, the crew came to pick me up from my house and then headed toward the club. There was a special event at the club that night, so the club was busier than usual. It didn’t take long for GD to grab the “goodies”. Right after I got the pill from GD, I popped it in my mouth without hesitation. While I was waiting for the pill to kick in, I went out for a cigarette.

I held the cigarette with my lips, sparked my lighter as I inhaled the smoke and then exhaled it through my mouth. I took another drag of my cigarette as I glanced through the crowd in the smoking area and then someone caught my attention – it was ChangWook. Since he wasn’t alone, so I didn’t walk over to him. After I was done with my cigarette, I glanced at him again. He was still talking to his friends so I decided to go back inside to the booth.

“Oh, you’re back?” ChaeRin asked. I nodded and sat down next to her. “Did it kick in it?” she asked.

“Not yet, but I think soon because I can feel my heart beating a little faster than normal,” I replied.

“Me too!” she stated and continued, “Once you feel like you’re tipsy, that’s when you know it’s working.”

“Yeah! That exactly what it feels like and you feel happy too!” I agreed and laughed.

“Yup! Hey, I need to go to the washroom. I’ll be back,” she said as she stood up. I nodded and watched her leave.

I took my phone out from my purse to check the time – it was 12:45 AM. While I was putting my phone away, I stared at the crowd and a flash of light hit my eyes. Something must have triggered my brain because I was seeing double of everything. I closed my eyes as I shook my head. Then I blinked rapidly and looked at the crowd again, my vision seemed to be back to normal.

‘I think the pill just started working…’ I thought.

I went to the bar and brought a bottle of water. Since the pill just kicked in, I should stay hydrated. I took a gulped of the water before I turned around. Then, I accidentally bumped into someone.

“Sorry,” I said and then I realized it was Changwook.

“Why didn’t you come say hi?” he asked and added, “In the smoking area.”

“Oh, you were with your friends. So I didn’t want to interrupt,” I explained.

“Are you…” He paused as he leaned closer to my face.

“What?” I asked with my eyes widened.

“Are you high?” he questioned as he observed my eyes and I looked away immediately. “So you are...your pupils are dilated,” he remarked.

“Yeah…” I admitted and shifted my gaze back at him. I couldn’t tell if he was shocked, mad, or disappointed. He just kept staring at me, which made me feel a little awkward. Then, I asked him if he wanted to go out for a smoke, and he agreed.

Once we stepped outside to the smoking area, we both lighted our cigarettes. Few minutes went by, none of us spoke. I thought it was very odd that he was so quiet.

“So, how’s your night so far?” I broke the silence.

“It’s okay,” he replied as he took a drag of his cigarette and continued to look somewhere else.

“Why are you so quiet?” I asked.

“What do you mean?” he asked and shifted his gaze at me.

“I don’t know. Just different, I guess…” I replied.

“Explain,” he said.

“Um... nevermind,” I shook my head and looked away. Just then, I saw the girl who was with GD last weekend. She was coming out from the club. She noticed I was looking at her, she greeted me with a smile and I did as well. Then she shifted her gaze at Changwook and nodded her head as she walked passed us.

“Do you know her?” I questioned.

“Why?” he asked.

“I just saw her nodded her head,” I pointed out.

“Maybe she thinks I’m hot,” he smirked.

“Wow… okay. Nevermind,” I responded as I shook my head.

“What?” he chuckled, “I mean look at me, this face,” he pointed to his face, “And this body,” he patted his chest, “Girls go crazy about me,” he claimed and I laughed.

“Okay there, buddy,” I giggled.“What? You don’t believe me?” he questioned.

“No, I do believe you,“ I answered.

“Really? So you think I’m hot?” he asked with his eyes opened wide.

“Huh?” I was taken back by his question, “No no no I mean-“ he interrupted me.

“No?? So you think I’m ugly?” he asked as he raised his brows and pointed to his face.

“No no no no, I didn’t mean it like that,” I denied as I waved my hands, “I-I-I mean. I mean…Okay, yes… You are attractive,” I admitted. Then, he burst out laughing

“You know I was just teasing you, right?” he giggled.

“Oh…” I said as I watched him laughed at me.

“Well, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter