[Unexpected]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sorry for the late update. I've been very busy lately because I have a lot of things to do before I leave on vacation. I will be away for 2 weeks! I'll see if I can update.

Thank you, guys!

 

 

 

 

Slowly and reluctantly, I uncovered my face. I blinked, closed my eyes, and blinked again. I sat up, dragged my feet off the bed, and rubbed my knuckles onto my eyes. I stretched my arms above my head and yawned; then I realized I was on the bed.

I knew it was WooBin who put me on the bed when he saw me fell asleep on the floor. Suddenly, I heard noises outside the room, so I assumed he was still here. I opened the door and saw him in the kitchen. I cleared my throat before I slowly approached him.

“WooBin,” I called as I stood behind the counter and watched him cook. He turned around and glanced at me.

“Oh, you’re awake,” he said.

“Yeah,” I spoke. I tapped my fingers on the counter and scratched my head, “ Um...How are y-“

“Breakfast is almost ready. Just give me few more minutes,” he interrupted me.

“Oh, um… okay. Then I’m just going to wash my face first,” I told him. He glanced at me and nodded his head.

I stepped away to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and then I put on a new outfit. As I was walking toward the table, the food was already set on the table. I pulled a chair out and sat down. Then WooBin came behind me and gave me a cup of coffee.

“Thank you,” I said.

“Sorry, this is all I could make because there isn’t a lot of food in your fridge…” he pointed out as he sat down across from me.

“Yeah, the fridge is pretty much emptied,” I tittered, “But I will be going to my parents’ house to pick up MinGuk and most likely my mom have had prepared some food for me to take home,” I added.

“When do you need to pick up MinGuk?” he asked.

“Um… maybe after we are done eating,” I answered before I took a sip of the coffee.

“He doesn’t need to go to daycare today?” he questioned.

“No, my mom usually wants to look after him,” I replied.

"I see," he spoke.

As we were eating, there was a long silence surrounded us. From time to time, I would glimpse at him and wondered if I should mention about his mom or even ask how he was feeling but I was scared to bring it up because he might not want to talk about it yet. I knew he was pretending nothing was bothering him the fact he was acting very casual.

“I’m sorry about last night…” he broke the silence, “I wasn’t at the right state of mind…” he added as he eyes darted and avoided to looked at me.

“It’s okay. I understand,” I replied. He nodded his head and kept his gaze at the food, “So…when is the funeral?” I asked.

“This coming Monday,” he answered.

“Oh…” I whispered, “I don’t think I can go because I will be on duty that day,” I said.

“That’s fine. You don’t have to go,” he replied.

“But I want to pay my respects to your mom,” I murmured.

“I’m sure my mom would understand, so don’t worry about it,” he responded.

“Well… if you need help with anything, be sure to let me know. I want to help,” I offered.

“Mhmm. Thank you,” he muttered while he was chewing his food, “Eat. We still need to pick up MinGuk,” he said.

“We?” I repeated and blinked at him, confused. “Oh, no. You don’t have to come along,” I refused.

“Are you sure?” he questioned.

I hesitated to answer as I thought it might be a good idea if he comes along because I didn’t want him to be alone; I wanted to be by his side and support him. I didn’t know what else I could do to console him except comforting him by being in my company so he wouldn’t feel like he had to solely overcome with grief.

“Um… if it’s not too much of a hassle, I would like you to come,” I answered.

“Not at all,” he replied and his mouth curved into a smile.

After we had finished our meal, we began to commute to see MinGuk and my mom. While we were on our way there, I realized I had never told my mom that I met WooBin again. I needed to find a way to explain to my mom before it gets awkward when she sees him.

After fifteen minutes drive, we had arrived at the front door of my parents' house. As soon as we entered the house, I heard footsteps running toward us; it was MinGuk coming down the stairs.

“Mommy!” MinGuk yelled as he spread his arms wide and wrapped them around my legs.

“Hi, baby!” I giggled and gently his head. He gazed up at me with a grinned on his face and then he noticed WooBin was standing behind me.

“Oh!” he said as he let go of my legs and stepped in front of WooBin, “Uncle WooBin!” he shrieked and gave WooBin a hug.

“Hello, MinGuk, ” WooBin greeted. He picked up MinGuk and carried him in his arms, “How are you doing, buddy?” he asked.

“Good!” MinGuk responded.

“Oh, SoHee-ah. You’re here,” I heard my mom said and then I saw her walking toward us. She looked surprised for a moment after she noticed WooBin was here and then she smiled at him.

“Hello Auntie,” WooBin greeted as he put MinGuk down and bowed to my mom.

“Oh, WooBin-ah,” she called, “Long time no see!” she said.

“How are you doing?” he asked.

“I’m doing very well. What about you?” she questioned.

“I’m fine. Thank you,” he answered. I wanted to find a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter