[A Hidden Secret]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Once I had arrived home, my mom suggested I should take a shower before dinner. And I agreed. After I took a shower, I went downstairs to the dining table. My parents were waiting for me at the table and food was ready to be served.

“SoHee-ah, let’s eat,” my dad gestured me to sit down and I did.

“You should eat something and sleep early tonight,” my mom told me.

“I know…” I murmured as I picked up a spoon.

“I called your workplace today and told them you’re sick so you couldn’t make it to work,” she notified me and then I realized I missed work that day.

“Thank you, Mom,” I replied as I glanced at her and then my dad. I could sense that my parents wanted to know what happened, but they knew it'd stress me out even more if they asked. I thought they had the rights to know, so I decided to bring up the topic.

“Dad, Mom,” I paused as I put down the spoon, “I’m sorry… I’m sorry for all the troubles I’ve caused. I’m sorry for making you both worried. If-“ my dad interrupted me.

“SoHee-ah, that’s not important right now. I think what’s more important right now is your wellbeing and you’re safe. I’m not going to lie that I wasn’t shock and disappointed when your mom received a call from the police. And I’m sure you know your mom and I want to know what had happened, but we could talk about that another day. Right now, you need to get some food in your system and be well rested,” he told me.

“That's right. Come on, let’s eat before the food gets cold,” my mom said.

“We should support each other no matter what happens because at the end of the day we’re still a family,” he pointed out.

“Thank you so much, Dad,” I responded and my mouth curved into a smile. I was very relieved and happy to hear that.

“How’s the food?” My mom asked and looked at me as I took a bit of my food.

“It’s really good, “ I answered. As I was about to put another spoonful of food in my mouth, I started to feel like something I ate was stimulating my gag reflex – like something was pressing directly on the upper back of my throat and making me wanted to gag. Immediately, I covered my mouth with a hand and I rushed to the washroom. I lifted the toilet seat up, hovered the toilet and let everything out.

“SoHee-ah!” I heard my mom called as I was still vomiting, “Are you okay?” she asked as she brushed my back.

“I-I’m, o-okay,” I mumbled. She handed me some tissues and I wiped my mouth with it as I sat on the floor.

“Are you sick?” she asked while she knelt down next to me.

“Maybe…” I murmured as I tried to catch my breath, “I think I should go to bed now. I’m very tired,” I said and then my dad helped me stood up.

“Do you want me to help you?” my dad asked.

“No, it's okay. I can walk,” I assured him and he let go of me.

“Go rest. Let us know if you need anything,” my mom advised. I nodded and made my way to my room.

When I entered my room, I grabbed my phone immediately and checked my calendar. Then I realized my period was a week late.

‘What I’ve been experiencing lately was actually morning sickness, not migraines. And now the gag reflex… I think might be pregnant...’ I wondered. I quickly shook my head to snapped out of my thought.

“Maybe I’m just tired and stressed out after what had happened. I should just sleep it off and maybe I’ll feel better tomorrow,” I spoke to myself.

 

 

A week went by, I still hadn’t heard from JooHyuk after I was released. I didn’t have his phone number. So all I could do was wait for him to contact me.

And my symptoms had gotten worse. I’d wake up feeling sick and couldn’t really eat because of the gag reflex. I thought I’d had my period soon, but it never came. So, I decided to go to the store and bought a home pregnancy test.

I went to the bathroom and locked the door. Then I pulled out a stick from the package and I followed the instructions as I was doing the test. While I was waiting for the result, I left the bathroom and read the instruction again.

“One line means I’m not pregnant, and two lines mean I’m pregnant,” I read.

A few minutes later, I believed the result should be ready so I went back in the bathroom. I took a deep breath before I picked up the stick from the counter. Then, I sat down on the floor promptly after I stared at the test result – two lines appeared.

Millions of things came across my mind. For some reason, I didn’t panic. It was an indescribable feeling. I was in a deep thought about how my life slowly fell apart after I was ually assaulted and then my relationship with WooBin failed because of our drug addictions. Then, I fell deeper in drugs, became a smoker and a party animal. I always thought since I was born, I might as well live. Each day felt like a chore. That was how I felt. Life was meaningless to me.

‘Now that there’s a life in me... I think this baby could change my life. It can put my life back on track…In other words, I have a purpose in life,’ I thought.

But, I thought again. The situation I was in, I’d had to carry a felony charge on me if I did keep the baby. And I couldn’t even speak to the baby's father because we were separated by the law system.

“What am I going to do…” I murmured as I touched my stomach.

 

 

The next day, I decided to go to the doctor to do an official pregnancy test because I wanted to make sure I was pregnant.

“We’ll have to do some blood work to confirm that you’re pregnant,” the doctor stated.

“Yes,” I nodded.

“If the result comes back positive, are you going to keep the baby,” she asked.

“Um…" I paused and my eyes went around the room. Then I stared at her as I nodded, "yes,” I answered.

“Okay. Once we have the result, our nurse will contact you,” she notified me.

After I had my blood drawn, I left the clinic and headed straight home. While I was strolling back home, I noticed an unfamiliar car parked outside my house.

‘That’s strange… Mom and Dad should be at work right now,’ I wondered.

Just when I was about to walk closer to the car, someone exited the vehicle – it was JooHyuk.

“SoHee, “ he called.

“Oh my god,” I gasped as I froze and stared at him with my eyes widened in surprise. Then I ran to him and gave him a hug, “I’m so happy to see you!” I spoke.

“I’m so sorry that I came so late. Are you okay?” he asked as he patted my back.

“How’s ChangWook? Is he okay?” I questioned as I pulled away.

“Um,” he hesitated and observed around us, “let’s go somewhere quiet and talk. I don’t want people to hear us,” he pointed out. I agreed and then I directed him to a park in my neighborhood. Soon after he parked his car in the parking lot, we stayed inside the vehicle and talked.

“So how are you doing?” he asked.

“I’m fine,” I answered, “How’s ChangWook?” I questioned.

“He’s doing okay, don’t worry,” he reassured me and gave me a half smile.

“That’s good,” I was relieved to hear that, “Where is he now?” I asked.

“He’s…” he paused and glanced at me and said, “he’s still in there.”

“What?! W-what do you mean he’s stil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter