[The End of Us]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

After the court hearing, I went home and told my parents the news; they were very happy for me. Although I was able to walk away free from the charge that was held against me, I was relieved but I wasn't happy. I told my parents that they didn't need to make for dinner for me because I was exhausted after I came back from court so I wanted to rest. Then, I went upstairs to my room and decided to give EunJi a call to give her the update.

“Hello?” EunJi answered.

“Hey, are you free to talk?” I asked as I sat down on my bed.

“Yes, what’s up? You went to court today, right?” she asked.

“Yeah, they've had dropped the charge for me," I answered.

"That's awesome! Congratulation!" she shrieked.

"Yeah, thanks..." I muttered.

“You don’t sound happy, what’s wrong?” she questioned and then continued, “Wait, if they dropped the charge for you, what about ChangWook?”

“He pleaded guilty. That was why they let me go,” I replied.

“Oh… then what was his sentence?” she asked.

“A year in jail,” I sighed.

“Oh man… that’s crazy. Why would he plead guilty so early? He should've had waited for the trial,” she remarked.

“I know… so stupid,” I responded as I shook my head.

“So,” she paused, “Are you going to see him?” she questioned.

“Oh, you've just remind me. I want to ask you if you can cover me at work on Monday because there’s no jail visitation on weekends, so-"

“Yes, I can. Don’t worry about it,” she interrupted me.

“Thank you so much,” I responded.

“No problem! Update me later, okay?” she said.

“I will. Talk to you soon,” I replied and ended our conversation.

 

 

The day before I went to visit ChangWook in jail, my lawyer gave me the address of where ChangWook was incarcerated. He also briefly explained to me what to expect before and during jail visitation so I could be prepared. So the next morning, I took a cab to the jail site. Once I entered the building and I walked over to the jail reception area.

“Hi, I’m here to visit Ji ChangWook,” I told the guard.

“Can I have your ID please?” she asked. I took my wallet from my purse, pulled out my ID card, and passed it to her. “Any electronic is prohibited. If you have your cell phone, please put it in this tray,” she instructed as she placed a tray down and then I put my phone in it. “And I need you to fill out this form,” she said and gave me a form and a pen.

“Oh, okay,” I nodded and did what I was told. After I finished, I handed her back the form and pen.

“I will give you back your ID and cell phone when you come out,” she informed and then I had to go through a high-security walk to the visitation area.

The first gate slid opened and I walked through it. I thought the second gate would open, but it didn’t. Then I realized the door must be closed behind me before another could open. When the first gate closed, the second metal door made a loud clicked and I walked through it.

After I passed three jail gates, I saw a guard standing by the door. As he was taking me to my assigned seat, there was a woman sitting in a chair talking through a glass divider to an inmate. Then, I sat down few seats away from them.

While I was waiting for ChangWook to come out, I tried to collect my thoughts on what I should say to him and most importantly how I should tell him that I was pregnant with his child. I sat there nervously with my head down as I was fidgeting my fingers.

Twenty minutes later, I heard the door creaked opened and I lifted my head up immediately. Then I spotted Changwook coming from the corner. The jail clothes he was wearing was the only giveaway that he was in jail, other than that he looked pretty much the same to me.

“How are you doing?” I questioned after he sat down.

“I’m okay,” he replied and asked, “How are you?”

“I’m fine,” I answered and looked away.

“I heard JooHyuk told you everything,” he brought up the topic before I did. I shifted my gaze back at him and nodded. “So?” he said.

“Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter