[Wedding Reception]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I want to apologize in advance for typos, spellings and grammar.

I lost track of time so I wrote this chapter real quick.

Will edit soon!

 

 

 

Just a few days before ChangWook’s sister’s wedding, I received a parcel from Chanel. Before I opened the package, I sent a message to ChangWook to let him know that the dress had arrived. I opened the parcel, there was another box with a white ribbon tied around it and a camellia on the bow. I untied the bow and lifted the lid up. As I unwrapped the tissue paper around the dress, my mouth curved into a smile. My gaze swept up and down at the dress as I lifted it out of the box. It was a classy, yet y floor-length black sleeveless silk evening dress with V-neck, crossed back straps and concealed zip closure at center back. I walked in front of the mirror and laid the dress on me.

‘What a glamourous dress,’ I thought and smiled.

Just then, my phone started ringing. I carefully placed the dress back in the box and picked up my phone, it was ChangWook calling.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Do you like the dress?” he questioned.

“Yes, it’s beautiful. Thank you,” I replied as i sat down on my bed and glanced at the dress.

“You’re welcome. I will see you on Friday?” he asked.

“Yes,” I agreed.

 

 

On Friday evening, I rushed home promptly after I had finished work because I had only an hour to get ready. Once I had completed my makeover, I changed into the evening dress. As I was putting my accessories on, ChangWook sent me a text that he’d arrived in two minutes. I took one last glance at myself in the mirror, took my clutch purse and made my way out the door.

As I stepped outside the house, I could hear a car coming. It wasn't long before ChangWook’s car appeared and pulled into the driveway. I walked down the front steps while he exited out his vehicle and walked over to the passenger side. The suit he was wearing was black, sharp looking, and well fitted. Exactly the sort of thing a woman would pick for her man to wear to a formal event like this. Then, I walked toward him while his gaze swept up and down my frame.

“So…?” I started as I shifted my gaze to my dress and him again, “how do I look?” I asked.

“Stunning,” he smirked and then felt a blush working its way up my neck.

“You look great too,” I complimented and he opened the door for me.

“Thank you,” he replied and gave me a kiss on my cheek. Then, I sat in the car and he closed the door after me.

“Are you ready?” he asked after he entered the vehicle. I bobbed my head and put on my seatbelt.

It took us about thirty minutes to arrive at the banquet hall. As we entered the building, a hostess greeted us and guided us to the venue. She opened the door for us and he held my hand as we made our entrance to the room. As we walked pass each table surrounded by guests, all eyes were on us. I could see them whispering to one and another as they stared at us which made me feel very awkward. Then I looked at ChangWook; he didn’t show any signs that he was bothered by the guests. From far away, I spotted a young gentleman pacing toward us – it was JooHyuk.

“Hyung,” JooHyuk called after he stood in front us and said, “Where have you been? Your dad is not happy with you because you weren’t at the wedding ceremony.”

“When is he ever happy with me?” he chuckled and continued to walk as he pulled me with him. While we were walking toward the bridal table, a woman in a wedding dress rose from her seat and approached us. I assumed she was ChangWook’s sister.

“Noona,” ChangWook called her and said, “Sorry I’m late.”

“It’s okay. I’m happy to see you here,” she told him with a soft smile on her face. Then her gaze drifted to me and ChangWook again, “She is…” she paused.

“Hello, I’m SoHee.” I introduced myself and bowed to her.

“Hello, nice to meet you. I’m JungAhn. ChangWook’s sister,” she said and held out her hand. I smiled and shook her hand.

“Are you doing okay?” Changwook asked.

“Yes, I’m fine. Don’t worry. Let’s go say hi to Dad and Mom,” she suggested and we followed her to the family table. “Dad, Mom. ChangWook is here,” she told them.

The expression on both of his parents' faces, I could tell they weren’t happy. They glared at us and then looked away. ChangWook bowed to them in greeting and I did as well. As I lifted my head up, my eyes wavered nervously at his parents. I could feel the tension between ChangWook and his parents although nobody had said a word. Just then, his dad broke the silence.

“ChangWook-ah, come with me. I need to talk to you privately,” his dad ordered without making any eye contact with ChangWook and walked away.

“Stay here. I’ll be back shortly,” ChangWook whispered and followed his dad.

“Mom, this is ChangWook’s friend, SoHee.” JungAhn introduced me to her mom.

“Hello, I’m SoHee,” I greeted and bowed to her mom again. But she didn’t reply or even looke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter