[Who Am I To Judge]

You Fall, You Rise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Sohee's POV

 

“Finally, we’re done for the day,” EunJi stated as she stretched her arms out and yawned.

 “I know right? I’m exhausted…” I replied.

“I can tell just by looking at those bags under your eyes,” she teased as she pointed at my eyes, “What did you do last night? Partying?” she asked.

“Who’d go party during weekdays?” I laughed.

“Really, though. You look very tired these days. What’s going on?” she questioned.

“Huh…? Uh…nothing. I’ve been having trouble sleeping these days,” I lied as I fake a smile to show that I was okay. Ever since WooBin lost his job, he went back to his old path again. He started drug dealing so I'd go out with him to meet his clients almost every night.

“Um, okay. Well, let’s finish up so we can go home,” she said as she patted on my shoulder to comfort me and walked away from our desk.

I felt my phone vibrated, then I pulled my phone out from my pocket. It was a message from WooBin.

 

-Text Message-

From: WooBin

I’m outside. Are you off work yet?

______

-Text Message-

To: WooBin

Yes, I’m coming out now!

 

"Oh, WooBin is here to pick me up now," I told EunJi.

"Okay, see you tomorrow!" she grinned and waved her hands.

"See you," I said as I took my jacket and purse. Then I headed straight to the front door.

As soon as I walked out the door, I could spot Woobin’s car in the parking lot. As I was walking toward the vehicle, I heard the car unlocked.

“Hi, babe!” I greeted as I sat in the vehicle and closed the door after me.

“Hey,” he replied as he leaned forward and planted a kiss on my cheek, “How was work?” he asked as he started the ignition.

“It was okay,” I murmured. I turned to the side and grabbed the strap to buckle my seatbelt.

“You’re not tired? I mean, we were out pretty late last night,” he mentioned as he reached for my hand.

“Yea, a little bit. I could barely focus at work. Thank god I’m just a receptionist at a dental office. If my job requires physical work, I'd probably feel a lot worse,” I said while I held his arm and rested my head on him.

“Mhmm, I’m sorry,” he whispered as he gently laid his head against mine and continued, “I don't think you should come out with me tonight. Stay home and rest.” 

“Do you have to be out late tonight again?” I asked as I sat my back straight up slowly and stared at him.

“Yeah, I have to,” he replied.

“You’re going to be so tired,” I pouted.

“It’s fine. I have these “goodies” with me; to give me energy,” he smirked as pointed to the compartment.

“Driving under the influence?” I mocked and raised my brow, “No, I’m coming with you. I can’t leave you by yourself high on drugs while driving around late at night,” I insisted. Then, he shifted his gaze from me to the steering wheel. I tilted my head slightly to observed the look on his face. All his features seemed to shrink as he hesitated to speak.

“Okay,” he agreed as he tried to maintain eye contact with me, “Let’s go eat. Any suggestion?” he asked and gave me a half-smile.

“Pork belly?” I suggested and he agreed.

 

Later we arrived at a restaurant, a waitress greeted us and guided us to our table. After we ordered our food, we began our conversation talking about random things until our food had arrived. Half way through our meal, WooBin received a phone call. He laid his spoon on the table as he looked at his phone to see who was calling him. Then, he answered the call.

“Hello?” I heard him say as I continued to eat, “Yea, where do you want to meet? I’m in the area now... Okay, I’ll be there in 15-20 minutes. Bye,” he hung up and placed his phone back onto the table.

“A client?” I asked.

“Yeah, we have to quickly finish eating. I have errands to run,” he answered.

 

After our dinner, we were on our way to see one of WooBin’s clients. We turned into a small street in a quiet neighbourhood. He glanced side to side to look for his client's house while he had one hand searching for his phone in his pocket. Then, I saw a man standing on a front porch, smoking a joint. WooBin pulled into the driveway and shuts off the ignition. The man took one last drag of his joint, threw it to the side, and got inside of our vehicle.

‘Oh, god... The smell of weed,’  I thought as I quickly opened the window to air out the odor.

“Yo! I haven’t heard from you for a while! Back in the game now?” he asked as he took his hand out for a handshake. From the corner of my eye, I could see him hiding cash underneath his palm.

“Yeah, for now,” WooBin smirked while he shook the man’s hand as he slipped a baggy to him, and exchanged for the cash. The man caught me staring at them, I blinked nervously and looked away.

“Oh, is this your girl? Hi, I’m Jisoo. How are you?” he introduced himself.

“Hi…” I murmured as I peeked at him. I could sense that WooBin knew I was a little uncomfortable.

“We have to leave now. Have more errands to do,” WooBin implied.

“Alright, catch you later,” he said as he exited the car.

“Ugh,” I crinkled my nose, “I hate the smell of weed...” I complained. Then I heard him laughed.

A few hours went by, WooBin made a couple of transactions with his clients. While he was standing outside the car and smoking up with his client, I was sitting in the car by myself. Slowly, I could feel my eyelids were getting heavier and heavier. Just when I decided to close my eyes for a bit, I heard the car door opened.

“Are you tired?” he asked as he got in the vehicle.

“A little bit. When can we go home?” I asked as my head drooped forward a bit and stared at him with my sleepy eyes.

“Maybe in few hours,” he replied. My mouth fell opened and eyed at him in shock.

“Few hours?” I gasped, “Babe, do you have extra “stuff” on you?” I asked and hinted that I wanted some of his “goodies”.

“Why?” he asked with his eyebrow lifted and mouth turned down just enough to not be amused.

“Because it will give me the energy. You said we still have few hours left before we can go home,” I answered.

“Babe, if you’re tired I can always drop you home. You don’t have to come with me all the time. Honestly, I don’t want you to do this stuff. It’s not good and I don’t want you to fall into it any deeper,” he insisted with his eyes alerted and eyebrows started creating a vertical furrow.

“I know,” I pouted as I held his arm and leaned closer to him. He looked away to avoid eye contact with me, “It’s just I want to be here with you. It scares me just thinking that you'd be alone out here and doing this stuff late at night…” I explained, “Don't worry. Do you remember?  We promised each other that we will stick together, through thick and thin?” I held his arm tighter, his gaze shifted to me and let out a sigh.

“Okay, just tonight. You’re not touching it for a while,” he warned me. I unfold my arms around his arm and nodded my head quickly as I smiled. He shoved his hand in one of his front pockets and pulled out a baggy. Before I could reach for it, he pulled his hand back. “Answer me,” he demanded.

“Okay, okay.” I agreed.

 

 

The next morning when I woke up, I had a long debate with myself if I should sleep for five more minutes or not. I wasn't home until 2 in the morning so I had only five hours of sleep. I was surprised that not only I was able to get o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter