Memories

Taekook/Vkook OneShotsCollections

 

 

This is rush so... 

 

 

 

 


After finishing the morning dishes, Jungkook decided to go upstairs and see Jimin's condition. 
He gently open the door of their room and found the other facing himself at the mirror and having trouble fixing his business tie. 
Jungkook scoff and shook his head. 
Jimin might have heard him as he turn around and jutted his bottom lip out towards the younger. 

"Give me that" Jungkook stop in front of him and assist him to fix his tie. 
"Aish, a twenty-three year old business guy can't even knot his own tie" He mock. 
Jimin gave a sly smile and wrap his arms around Jungkook. 
"You know you love me"
"Do I know that? " 
Jimin raise an eyebrow at him. 
Jungkook chuckle. "Yes, yes I do"

 

 

 

"Will you be at home by 7?" Jungkook cross his arms and lean on the doorway. 
Jimin cup his right cheek. "I promise to be home early"
Jungkook frown. "You said that yesterday and the day before that"
"aww, don't be sad. I'll get you something when I got home, hmm? "
A smile crept on Jungkook's face while he let his fiancé peck his lips before bidding his goodbye and drove his car to his work. 

Right after Jimin left, the smile from Jungkook's face falter and a sigh escape his lips. 
He close the main door and made his way to the basement. 

He switch on the light and walk down the stairs. 
The basement was merely a small room filled with boxes with things that are not commonly used. 

He pulled out a box from the corner and open it to pull out another box, well more likely a chess. 
He dust off it's velvety wood and trace his finger to the opening, hesitating to unlock it or not. 

He found himself opening it and tears building at the corner of his eyes. 

"Why can't I forget you? "

His fingers tremble while picking up the pictures in hand and it. 

He flip the picture and read the small letter at the back. 


My first date with Kookie. 

Let's treasure the moment, babe :)

 

He crack a smile and rummage through the pile of photos. 
The last sentence at the first photo he had is always written at the end of every letter at the back of every pictures. 

He look at the photos over and over again, questioning himself why such a great man could fade in an instant. 

"I missed you. I'm still missing you"

He his thumb over Taehyung's smiling face. 

It's been 3 years since the incident. 

3 years since his husband, Kim Taehyung, died, well ex-husband. 
Yes, he was married. 
Back then they were inseparable, destined. 
They love each other. 
Until one adversity leads to being sorrowful for the rest of his life. 

 

June 13,2013 at night where Taehyung was in a bus to go home. 
Only then when they were crossing a bridge, the bridge collapse and the bus Taehyung was in fell down. 

Jungkook was so worry, his anxious were killing him. 
After hearing the news, he hurry to the collapse bridge and look down to see Taehyung's lifeless body drowning with his own blood. 

"Taehyung! "

 

He close his eyes and a tear drop down. 

 

Taehyung slowly look up to him. 
He can't feel his arms nor legs and his eyelids are dangerously closing. 
He watch from up there to hear Jungkook screaming his name. 

He slowly move his lips. 

"J-Jungk-kook"

And then a fire blast and crash the bus where Taehyung was in. 

It was the biggest accident that happened in that year. 

 

Jungkook quickly wipe the second tear from his eyes before it could escape. 

He tidy his mess before leaving the basement. 

His view caught a picture frame above the small cabinet beside the telephone. 
He pick it up and sigh. 
It was a picture of him and Jimin. 
He still remember the memory of it where he finally accept Jimin's proposal to be his fiancé. 
He have no heart to brush him away when all he could see to Jimin's eyes were pure hope and true love. 

He put down the frame to it's place before grabbing his bag and went out of the house to travel at the mall. 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook examine the pile of rings arrange in a neat way. 
He decides to buy a simple ring for Jimin, perharps maybe a couple ring for the both of them. 

When he finally got the one he likes, he grab it and made his way to the counter but then someone had bump into him and the ring tumble out from his hand. 

"Oh no"
He crouch down to search for the tiny jewelry. 
Luckily he found it under a table and dust it off. 

"Oh you got a good taste there"

He halt in place. 
Shivers run down his body as cold wind blew from the window. 

That voice. 
How-

He slowly look up which cause his eyes to widen and a gasp leave his mouth. 

"T-Taehyung? " He breath out. 

If he's not mistaken, it's surely is Taehyung. 
He have always remember those dazzling eyes. 
But how is he alive? 

The guy who looks like Taehyung knit his eyebrows in confusion and look behind him then back to Jungkook. 
"I'm sorry? You got amiss, my name's not Taehyung. I'm Kim Dae Hee. Forgive me for not watching where I'm going"
He held out a hand for Jungkook. 
Instead of grabbing it, he stand on his own and hug Taehyung, perharps a little tighter. 
Taehyung was taken a back and about to say something but Jungkook already started crying. 

"Taehyung, you're alive! You're really here! I've missed you so so much! But–But how are you not... dead? I-I saw your body... f-fire... a-ashes" Jungkook started to blabber as he kept a firm grip to Taehyung's shoulder. 

Taehyung was about to speak but got cut off by another man. 
"Dae Hee? "
The two male turn their heads to the voice and Taehyung squirm away from Jungkook's grip to run towards the new character. 
"Yoongi-hyung! "

Jungkook watch him as he wrap an arm around the shorter male. 

"What took you so long? " Yoongi frown but didn't let Taehyung speak as he notice Jungkook's presence. He eyed him from up and down. 
"Who's he? " He pointed. 
Taehyung shrug. "I don't know. He kept calling me Taehyung and just start hugging me"
This made Yoongi mad as he push Jungkook lightly on the shoulder. 
"Who are you to hug my fiancé. Are you crazy or something? Do we even know you? "

Jungkook swallowed with difficulty. 
He look at Taehyung. "I'm his husband"
He saw the look of bewildered on his face. 

Yoongi push him again, harder this time. 
" off! Dae Hee, let's go"
He pull Taehyung's arm and starts dragging him away from Jungkook. 

Taehyung and him kept the eye contact, until he finally decided to stop Yoongi. 
He ignore the enraged on his face and keep looking at Jungkook. 
"You... " He didn't get to finish his sentence when his head begin to throb in horrible pain. 
"Ahh! "
"Dae Hee! " Yoongi held his face. "Are you okay? What's hurting you?! "

As the pain slowly subsides, he look at Jungkook again and he feels a strong bond inside him. 
"Y-You look familiar. Have we met before? "

Jungkook present a small smile. "We were married"

"Dae Hee, he's talking nonsense. Let's go" 
Yoongi pull onto his sleeves but Taehyung didn't budge. 
"Hyung, what if he knows something about my forgotten past? "

"Forgotten past? " Jungkook question. 
"You see, I suffer from long-term memory. Long story short, I got an amnesia. And it's been 3 years that I had no single idea about my past. And I feel like, you're telling the truth"
Yoongi quickly pull his arm and faced him. 
"Are you sure we can trust him? "
"Hyung, you've been there with me for more than a year. You know how desperate I am to know my past"
Yoongi frown as a retort. 

"Uhh... " Taehyung realize he still haven't got Jungkook's name 
Jungkook immediately catching what he wants. 
"Oh uhh Jungkook. J-Jeon Jungkook" He stutter his surname. 

Taehyung smile. "Right. Jungkook, let's talk about this tomorrow. I hope you're free? "
Jungkook return the smile. "Anytime, Taehyung-ssi"

 

 

 

 

 

Currently, Jungkook was sitting on one of the chair from the Namusairo Coffee Shop inside the mall. 
In front of him was Taehyung playing with his fringes. 

Jungkook refrain himself to pounce onto him right there. 
He missed him so much that he almost don't want him to leave by his side anymore. 
But things got changed now. 
He's with Jimin now and Taehyung's with Yoongi. 

"Jungkook-ah"
He snap out of his thoughts when Taehyung called his name. 
"Y-Yes? "
"It won't taste good if it's cold"
He look down where Taehyung was pointing at and saw the cup of coffee he ordered. 
"R-Right. Thanks for reminding me"

He carefully lift the cup and took a small sip. 

"So... " Taehyung started. So he bring down his cup and glance up at him. "Is Taehyung my real name? "
Jungkook sigh and force a small smile. 
"You're name is Kim Taehyung. We've been together for more than a year now. We were so happy and in love until one day, they jusy took you from me. You died in a fire accident 3 years ago. I-I was so miserable. I don't know how to let you go and... and–"
He pause when Taehyung wipe away his tears with his thumb and his cheeks. 
He hiccups seeing Taehyung's face close to him which made the other chuckle before pulling away. 
"Sorry" He apologize and wipe the remaining tears. 

"How did we met? "

Jungkook snort. "We met in a funny way"
This made Taehyung interested. "Tell me"

 

At the middle of the road, Jungkook's car slowly losing it's energy and he still had a long way before his destination. 

"Crap! " He cuss as the last energy died down and his car broke down at the middle of the road. 
Angry honks can be heard behind him and he could only roll his eyes before proceeding out of the car and move it from aside. 

He look at his broken car, before starting to burst into a fit of laughters. 
One person saw him and he can't help but ask the peculiar man. 

"You're car broke down. Why are you laughing? "

Jungkook turn around to see a fine looking man stop his car to question him. 

He smile. "I have two options. It's either be upset or happy. I chose to be happy about it"

The fine looking man was taken aback but settle to give it a smile. 
"Hop on. I'll take you wherever you want to go"

Jungkook gladly accept the offer and abandon his broken car to be with a handsome stranger. 

 

They had good talk and he found out he goes by the name of Kim Taehyung. 

 

As he reach his destination, he thanked Taehyung for the ride and started walking away, perhaps a little hesitant. For the fine looking man, Kim Taehyung, had got his heart. 

 

Just as he was certain they were never going to meet once again, fate decided to give them a chance. 

While strolling around the town, Jungkook saw a lost pomeranian and decides to grab it to his arms. 
It's snow white fluffy fur tickling his arms as the dog bark at his face. 
"Are you lost little puppy? "

"She's not a puppy, she's a dog. She's just really small"

Jungkook startle at the voice and turn his head around to be surprised to see Taehyung once again. 

The pomeranian squirm from his grip and he quickly drop it down as it run towards Taehyung. 

"Nice to see you again, Jungkook-ah"

 

"Long story short, you took me out on several dates and then we're married. When we first met I had no idea you would be so important to me"
Jungkook can't help but smile while reminiscing the sweet old memories. Taehyung watch him and can't help but do the same. 
He sounds like a really nice guy back then, well, still now. 
Jungkook and him was really in love. 
He put his hand on top of Jungkook's soft ones, suprising the younger. 
"Where did our first date happens? How did it go? I want you to show me everything, Jungkook. Everything"
Jungkook slowly intertwine their hands, and Taehyung didn't mind at all. He actually like it. 

 

 

 

They both got up from their chairs and heading at the exit. 
"You think your fiancé wouldn't mind about us going out together? " Taehyung ask. 
"Nope. I already told Jimin everything. Believe me, you should've seen the look on his face when I say you're actually alive" They chuckle. 
"I should be asking you the same. Is Yoongi okay with your plans? "
Taehyung shrug. "He'll understand. Now, where to? "
Taehyung grasp Jungkook's hand again, suprising the younger but didn't complain about it. 

 

 

 

 

 

It was already night when they reach their destination, which where their first date was held. 
Taehyung look out through the window before looking back at Jungkook, raising his eyebrow. 
"The Beach? "
"Don't ask me. You're the one who ask me for a date"

They got out of the car and head towards the white sand with a view of the large blue ocean in front of them. 
"Wow" Taehyung awed. 
Jungkook breath the salty air. "I missed this place"

Taehyung look at him. "Now what? "
"Now, we swim" Jungkook gave a sly smirk before stripping off his clothes and swam to the water. 
Taehyung stayed frozen for a couple of minutes before deciding to join Jungkook to the water. 

"This is great, isn't it? " Jungkook whisper, while the both of them watch the moon in front slowly peeking out from it's hiding place. 
"Yeah" Taehyung whisper back. 

His gaze fell upon Jungkook. 
The light from the moon reflecting to his eyes was breathtaking. Atleast, that's what Taehyung thought. 
His gaze drop down at Jungkook's shoulder before pulling his gaze away. 
He swallowed and feel uncomfortable suddenly. 

He jolted in surprise when Jungkook press their sides together. 
He look down to see Jungkook staring back at him. 
Jungkook started leaning in, but he stays still. 

 

His heart beats uncontrollable and his breathing were harsh. 

 

Then, their lips connect. 

 

Jungkook's lips were soft, softer than Yoongi's. 
He found himself deepening the kiss and carefully moving his lips. 
He clench his eyes and pull Jungkook closer, closer. 

A tear escape Jungkook's closed eyes and follow Taehyung's lips. 
It's been a long long time since he felt like this again. 
And the reason was the same. 
It's all because of Taehyung. 

They pulled away from the lack of air and look into each other's gazes, a dark red painting both of their cheeks. 
Taehyung didn't let Jungkook speak as he pull him again for another kiss and lift him up to carry him to a room. 

 

At that night, something incredible happen, and they love it. 

 

 

 

The next morning, Jungkook woke up in between Taehyung's arms. 
He shook the older to wake him up. 
"Good Morning" Taehyung greeted after opening his eyes and seeing a beauty beside him. 
"Good Morning, Tae"
"Tae? Is that a new nickname? "
Jungkook snort. "I used to call you that as an endearment"
"Oh, I was thinking something like 'baby' or 'babe' and 'sweethearts'"
"We both know I'm not a fond of cheesy love story"
Taehyung pouts, but Jungkook kiss it away. 
"Where to next? "
"What do you mean? " Jungkook ask. 
"Well, aren't you gonna show me how our second date goes? "
"Right. We should start moving"

 

 

 

 

 

"You look adorable in there"
Jungkook pause at the sudden compliment and look at Taehyung before looking away to adjust more of his life jacket. 
He retort an awkward laugh. 

"So what place is this? " Taehyung ask and look around with a hand playing with the water gently. 
Jungkook took his time to watch him before responding to his question. 
"This is where our second date was held. Hangang River. You said a paddle boat will be a nice thing for second dates" He chuckle. Taehyung smile. 
"I think it is"

"Let's start, hm? "

Taehyung nods and they started paddling for the boat to move. 
Tiring, it is but the view was worth it. 
They spot different kinds of fishes swimming beside their boat.
Taehyung decide to feed them with the four pieces of bread he had with him. 
Jungkook has other plans. 

A playful grin sketch on his lips as he slowly crawl behind Taehyung while the other is busy with the fishes. 

Suddenly, he push him on his back and the other begin to fall out of the boat. 

Just as he was about to laugh at his playful attempt when Taehyung caught him by his arm and drag him with him to the water. 

Jungkook's eyes went wide and he quickly close it before some water travel inside. 

Taehyung was busy laughing after the both of them pull up for some air, didn't even notice that they both have moss in their hair. 

Jungkook smile and watch Taehyung close his eyes and laugh in his heart's content. 

Just like what happened back then. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baby, something's bothering you"
Jungkook snap out of his thoughts and glance at Jimin who was hovering his head to him. 
He slowly shook his head and force a smile that came out really awkward. 
"Nothing. I was just busy... watching the movie" He pointed at the flat screen television standing in front of them. 
Jimin look at him as if he had grown another head. 
"Babe, we're not even watching a movie"
"Oh"

The older sigh and gently wrap his arms around Jungkook. 
Jungkook usually smile at a times like this, even though it was only a force one but this time, he wore a frown.
It was sad. Because Taehyung's hugs are better. 

"Do you miss him? "
Jungkook widen his eyes at the question then quickly compose himself and look at Jimin in bewildered. 
"What? No, I wasn't even thinking about him. What makes you say that? " He lies. 
Jimin sigh and pull out something from his back, turns out it was a cream couloured envelope. The outline is decorated with golden dust. It's sweet flowery fragrance lingering around the room. 
"You know you can still see him"
Jimin handed Jungkook the envelope. The younger hesitating to let it drop in his arms for he was afraid that he would damage it. 

"What is it? " Not looking at Jimin when he ask so. 
"Open it"
Jungkook obey and carefully slide his fingers to open the envelope.
He pull out a brown thick paper with letter inside written in the most beautiful calligraphy.
Jungkook gasp upon reading it. 
He almost cry but didn't want Jimin to see that reading the paper brings him so much pain. 

"It's their wedding invitation" Jimin stated. 
He waited Jungkook to speak but didn't get any retort. 
So he continued. "Their wedding is after two days so they decided to have a party tonight to celebrate. Should we come? "
Jungkook bit the corner of his bottom lip then slowly nod. 
"W-We should"

 

 

 

 


A waiter pass by them lifting a tray of beers on his shoulder. 
Jimin steal two glasses and give one to Jungkook. 
The younger take a small sip of it, cringing at the taste before abandoning it in his hands 

"Jungkook? "
The couple turn their heads and approach Yoongi. 
"I see you made it with your fiancé..."
"Jimin. Park Jimin"
Yoongi and him shake hands and one bring up a topic until the two of them started talking nonstop. 
Jungkook slowly crawling away from them and walk around the venue. 
It was enormous for a small party. 
Everyone is wearing formal suits and dresses, gayly drinking their wine. 

While looking around, Jungkook felt a pair of arms trap him. 
He jump in suprise and quickly turn around seeing Taehyung laughing at his reaction. 
He scoff and put a hand over his chest. "You scare me"
"I did? "
Taehyung lean down and attach their foreheads. 
Jungkook held his breath and stare deeply into Taehyung's eyes. 
Those dazzling hazel eyes feels like eating him. 
Taehyung was looking too gorgeous in his black suit. 
His brunette fringes falling down above his eyes. 

"You gotta drink that? "
Taehyung pointed at his beer. 
Jungkook blink twice before shaking his head. "I'm fine"
"Let's go outside"

He hadn't had the chance to answer when Taehyung immediately pull him by his arm and drag him outside. 
The party music going deaf to his ears as they were now surrounded with a good eerie silence. 

Jungkook tilt his head over Taehyung and saw him gazing at the dark sky. 
"Congratulations. You're getting married after two days"
Taehyung smiled, a genuine one. "Same goes to you. I mean, you're going to get married someday, right? "

Jungkook drop his glass and started crying. 
"Jungkook.. " Taehyung walk up to him then Jungkook pull him to a tight embrace and bawl on his shoulder. 
"Doesn't we have a chance anymore? "
Taehyung stiff in place as Jungkook pull away but kept his arms around Taehyung. 
"Don't you love me anymore? "

"Jungkook–"
"I should'nt have hoped that your memories will come back. That you will remember me again"

 

Taehyung merely lower his head. "I'm sorry"

 

Jungkook cry harder he started to have a hard time breathing in. 

"Jungkook, I'm sorry. I'm–Jungkook. Yah, Jungkook! "

Jungkook speed away from him. 
His feet move swiftly until he crash to someone. 
"Jungkook, why are you running? "
He look up to see Jimin. 
"Are you crying?! "

"Jimin, we have to leave"
"What? "
"Let's leave please. I don't want to be here anymore. Take me with you"

 

 


The next day Jungkook and Jimin leave Korea for Mexico. 
After two days, Taehyung and Yoongi got married so do Jimin and Jungkook after several days. 

 

After that, Jungkook and Taehyung never crosses paths ever again. 

 

"Maybe we're really not meant to be together"