Summer Cousins

Taekook/Vkook OneShotsCollections

 

 

 

 

Right after the day of the school year ends, Jungkook has done nothing but attach his face in front of his gadgets.
Scrolling through his social media to his phone, streaming his favorite idol's music videos on his laptop, playing Metal Slug in his psp, and more. 

He's been doing this for five consecutive days and his mother thought it's time for him to get out. 

"Jungkookie~"
Jungkook hum as a retort, without pulling his gaze from his iPod. 
"I have something to tell you" His mother acknowledge. 
Jungkook didn't hesitate to pause his game and look up to his mother. 
"Sure, come in, Mom"
She close the door from behind and sit in front of his son on the bed. 

"It's been five days since summer start and I was contemplating if you want us to go out and have some fun?"
Jungkook gawk at her. "Really?! I've been waiting for you to say that! "
"Hey, it's not harmful to confess something. I'm your mother, you should inform me what's on your mind"
He shyly rub his nape and look down. "I thought you wouldn't like the idea. And, you seems busy this summer so... " He pause. 
Jungkook's mother scooted closer and brush her pretty hand to his soft delicate raven hair. 
Jungkook lean to her touch. 
Afterall it's not normal for her to expose these kind of affection. 
She's like a sweet angel. 

"Alright, you have any intentions on what shall we do first? "
Jungkook nod too quickly. 
"Oh we could try the food from the new restaurant down town. I heard my classmates swear it's a really remarkable place. It's so great it actually became celebrated after two days of building it. Also everyone on facebook affirm the food there is really really really delectable. After that, we can try skating at the mall. I've never skate before and, and–"
"Woah woah, I'm gonna hit the pause button there, son. Be still"
"Sorry, I got so excited"
Jungkook tuck a strand behind his ear and giggles instantly. 

"I'm sorry, Kookie but, I don't approve to your ways. You know what's more fun than that? Going to Daegu to visit your cousin! "

"WHAT?! How could that be more fun?! "

Jungkook retract what he said. 
His mother is no sweet angel, she's wicked. 

"What's the problem? Don't you want to see your cousin, Taehyung? "

Never. 

"But Mom, we've already visited them"
She roll her eyes. "Yeah. That was nine years ago. When you were just eight and he's still ten. Come on, they're not so bad"
"BAD?! He's evil! He does not do anything but play with me. Mom, it was horrible, you gotta believe me! "
"Aww, he's just doing that for fun"

Jungkook cross his arms and twist his face into a frown. 
"There is no way you can't make me move there. I'd rather stay in the house and do nothing than go there to visit the hideous face of my cousin"
"You're gonna regret conveying that. Haven't you seen his pictures on Facebook? Taehyung had grew so tall and really handsome"

"I don't stalk ugly people"

"Jungkook"

"No! "

He turn his head away so he could not see his mother raising her eyebrows at him. 
"Jeon Jungkook, you're gonna start packing your stuffs and we will leave at the after noon"
"But Mom–"
"Don't but's your own mother. Now carry out your thing"

Jungkook sigh in exasperate and sluggishly walk towards his closet to pull out some clothes. 

Worst summer ever. 

"How long are we gonna stay there anyway? "
"Maybe just a week or two"

Two weeks is a misfortune. 

He heard his mother click his tounge. "Nah, let's stay for a month"

A month is a nightmare. 

 

 

 

 

 

When Jungkook and his mother leaves the house, the azure sky was still young. 
But then it's already nine in the evening and the surrounding is already a moonlit place. 
Jungkook and his mother is currently on a bus, the last drive they need till they reach the street of their relatives. 
At the entire ride, his mother would blab about Taehyung, his aunts and uncles. 
Jungkook roll his eyes and merely look out the window with both earpiece stuck to his ears, blasting loud music. 
His mother notice his son isn't listening but continue to talk which made Jungkook wore a frown all day because his mother purposely make her voice louder since she knows Jungkook is listening. 

 

 

 

The bus came to a halt as Jungkook trail behind his mother out of the bus. 
He rub his droopy eyes and yawn. 
"Stay there, buddy. We're almost there"
Jungkook merely nod his head, too sleepy to state a word. 

His mother grab a taxi and drag Jungkook with her. 

It wasn't that of a long ride.
Jungkook seek around. 
The place was mostly a lot of trees, and peaceful. 

Before he recognize it, they were already in front of a tall gate. 
His mother pays for the drive before walking out of the car. 
Jungkook follow her from behind. 

He kept wandering around until he felt a pair of arms hug him from his waist. 
He smile down at his aunt, his mother's sister. 
"I miss you, auntie"

"Aigoo~Jungkook, is that you already? You're so big now. I'm glad you decided to visit after these years"
He smile reluctantly as she squish his cheeks. 

"Now, come on. I've already spare a room for the both of you, since you're mother told me you're staying for a month"
Jungkook groan mentally. 

I already want to get out of here before I see the devil. 
Speaking of... 

"Auntie, is Taehyung still awake? "
He attach a fake smile on his face. 
"Oh, Taehyung's already in his bed. He got asleep waiting for you"
He almost release a sigh of relief but refrain himself to. 
He doesn't want Taehyung's parents to think that he didn't like their son.
It'll be a secret between the two of them. 

His aunt present them their room as they began unpacking their stuffs before finally tucking into their blankets and drift to sleep.

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook felt the blinding light from the radiant sun through the window passing to his closed eyes. 
"Argh, Mom, close the curtain" He grunt. 
After a few moments, he still felt the luminous rays afflicting his eyes. 
"Mom! "
He sat up and open his eyes, only to find himself alone in the room. 
"Tsk" He snicker. 

He rub his eyes before moving out from the bed and fold his sheet orderly. 
He wash his face and tidy his hair before finally going out of the room. 

The first thing he saw, is his cousin making chocolate milk. 

Taehyung, who finally notice his presence, smirk playfully. 
"Oh, if it isn't my favorite cousin, Jeon Jungkook"

Great, what a way to start my already dreadful morning. 

"Kim Taehyung" He snarl. 

"I see you still hate me"

"I despise you"

"Ouch~"
Taehyung place a hand on his chest and acted as if he was hurt. 
Jungkook roll his eyes. 

"Jeon Jungkook, I will let that pass. For now, drink your chocolate milk"
Jungkook was suprised as Taehyung handed him his cup. 
But he only glare at it, and at Taehyung. 
"No thanks. I'm still 17 to get poisoned"
"Now why would I do that to you? "
Jungkook grimace after seeing Taehyung with his lower lip jutted out and his low-key puppy eyes. 
He roll his eyes for another time and grab the cup from his hand. 
"Whatever. Just don't do that. Makes me sick"

He sip carefully to the hot beverage. 
"I put powdered milk there and three sugars. Just how you like it to be"
Jungkook quit drinking his milk and gape at Taehyung. 
"How'd you know? Did my mom inform you? "
"You must've forgot. I used to make you chocolate milk every morning even you don't want me to. Though you never protest back then so why complain now? "
Jungkook look away. "I remember. Just don't care"

He heard Taehyung release a sigh. He sounds downhearted. 

He continue to drink his milk till his eyes suddenly fell upon him. 

He really is handsome.. and tall... and cute.. and–
Wait, he's not cute! He's a monster! 
HE'S MY COUSIN! 

"I know I'm that handsome, but your stares are really uncomfortable"

He suddenly snap out of his thoughts and quickly look away. 
"I don't stare. 
Taehyung snort. "Yeah right. Mom, I'm going out now"

He heard Taehyung announce from the living room and started putting on his hat. 

"Oh so early? "

"Where are you going? "
Jungkook give him a questioning look but Taehyung didn't retort. 

"Jungkook, why don't you help your cousin at the farm? "
He whipped his head to his mother's direction. 
"Help him? I'm not gonna help him. I'm just gonna watch him"
"Oh come on, Kookie. It's not that hard"
"But I don't know how to work in a farm"
"Well, I'm sure Taehyung will be glad to help you? "
He glance at his cousin and scoff to see him with a waggish smirk on. 
"I'll be glad to"
"Oh Taehyung, you are so full of pleasantness"
"Thank you, auntie"

"Now, Jungkook, why don't you borrow some of Taehyung's clothes and off you two go to the farm"

 

 


"I hate these"
Jungkook whine while Taehyung and him are on their way to the farm. 
"Oh come on, Kookie. It's not that hard"
Taehyung imitate Jungkook's mother's voice to . 
As a respond, the other roll his eyes. 

He heard loud giggles from his side so he turn his head at the sound. 
He saw Taehyung flirting with some girls. More like, the girls are trying to flirt with him. 

Oh well, I won't deny he's still gorgeous. 

"So, you started having fans huh? "
"What? " Taehyung question him. "Oh you mean those girls? " He snort. "Yeah, you can say I gain fans, lots and lots of fans. I mean, no one can deny I'm dazzling. Don't you think, Kookie?"

The younger made a face. "Gross"

"Rude"

 

 

 

 


"Jungkook, come on. It's not going to drown you"
Taehyung roll his eyes at his cousin that were looking at the mud as if it's gonna bite him or something. 

He's so sensitive. What the ? 

"But it's too dirty~" He gag. 
"You have a boots on for ing sake! "
"Hey, who show you how to curse to me?! "
"Get on the ing farm, Jeon Jungkook" Taehyung smirk. 

I swear I'm gonna punch that pretty face of him! 

Jungkook shoots glares towards him before slowly making his way to the muddy farm. 
He almost cry when it almost went in his boots. 
"Now what should I do now? "
Taehyung laugh at him first which he earn more deathly glares from the younger. 
"Okay, now we start pulling weeds. Grab as many as you can and drop them at that cart"
He pointed at an ox cart. 

Jungkook nod his head and fix his hat. 
"Alright, let's do this"

He let Taehyung initiate the process first and watch him carefully before try to pull one. 
He had a big smile looking at his first work. 
He throw the weed to the cart, aiming inside perfectly before pulling on some more. 

There's this one where he really had a hard time to pull it out from the mud. 
He wrap his hands to the weeds and position his feet then pull it out with a strong force. 
This result for him to lose balance and fall down on the ground. 
Mud covered his clothes and some went inside his boots. 
He look at himself in horror before wailing loudly that caught Taehyung's attention. 

"Taehyung! "

"What is it this time? " Taehyung mumble to himself and walk to the direction where he last saw Jungkook, only to find him crying while sitting on the muddy ground. 
He began bursting in laughters. 
"Look at you... Look at your face it's.. it's... covered in mud" He shriek between laughs. 
But after hearing no response from the younger, he quit. 

"You're crying, are you serious?! "
He resolve to help him on his feet, the mud didn't bother him at all. 
He used to bathe with it when he's still 11.

"T-Taehyung"
"Tsk. Don't cry" He wipe the tears and dirt on his cheeks, finally seeing the red in his eyes. 
He suddenly felt terrible for letting him work on the farm. 

He sigh. "Why don't you sit there for a while and–"
"Okay! "
Jungkook quickly sprint out of the farm and walk towards the nearby bench. 

"Yah, did you do that on purpose?! "
Jungkook only stick his tongue out to him and cross his arms. 
"Aish, you little devil"

Taehyung ignore him and continue his work. 
Jungkook, on the other hand, had a big grin on his face while watching Taehyung suffer. 
Although he looked very skilled in his work.

"Taehyung oppa! "

Jungkook turn his head to the voice and found another bevy of girls trying to catch the attention of his cousin. 
He look back at Taehyung who pause for a while to wave at the girls and wink. 

Jungkook scoff. "What's so special about him? "
His eyes wander at him and didn't notice his stares took longer than necessary. 
He just recognize how handsome Taehyung look when his bangs fall down just above his eyes. 
That he has a tall fine nose and perfectly long legs. 
Skin a tanned one that looks really great on him. 

He only snap out of his thoughts when Taehyung caught him staring. 
He look bewildered that he didn't have the chance to look away. 
He saw the naughty smirk slowly curving at the corner of his lips and the older just wink at him. 
He startled, but maintain to respond a roll of his eyes, heat crawling to his cheeks and pulse fastening at that moment. 

 

 

 

 

As soon as they got home, it was already night. 
Jungkook took a secret peek at Taehyung and saw him exhausted. 
He purse his lips, suddenly feeling depraved for not helping him on pulling the weeds from their expansive spacious farm. 

The two quickly rest in the shower and went out for dinner. 

"You two look weary. Take this water"
"Thanks, Mom" Jungkook whisper as she handed them a glass of cold water. 
"Now, let's eat"

 

 

 

"Taehyungie, auntie ordered me to inform you it's time for bed"
Jungkook whine while rubbing his arm. 
The older hum in reponse and took a sip from his glass. 

"What's you're drinking? "
Jungkook take the sit in front of him. 
"You want some? "
He nods then Taehyung serve him a glass. 
Jungkook observe the red liquid from his cup before gulping in one try. 
He giggle and his lower lip. 
"This is sweet. What's in this? "

"My blood"

"W-What? "

Taehyung chuckles. "Kidding. It's cherry"

Jungkook release a sigh of relief before throwing the plastic cup at Taehyung's forehead. 

He click his tounge in irritation and scratch his forearm it actually turns a red blemish from his harsh scratching. 
"Stop that" Taehyung slap his hand away. 
"But there's so many mosquitoes here, and they're biting me"
"Ignore them"
"Do you want me to lose blood? Whatever, I'm going in my room. Join me if you're ready to sleep"
The younger already dissapear from the inside. 
Taehyung stood up as well and glance one last look outside the porch before going inside his room as well. 

 

 

 

 

 

"So now, where to? "
Jungkook nudge Taehyung on the side. 
"You'll see"
He pouts at his retort. 

Earlier morning, Taehyung's mother had still work for him. 
Jungkook thought if he was tiring himself all day. 
But Taehyung explain it's merely a coincidence that he had lots of work to do in this week of summer. 
When he try questioning him about the place they will move, Taehyung refrain to answer.

 

 

 

"We're here"
He peer his head up only to awe at the sight in front of him. 
"What is this place? " He ask, still wandering around the tall leaves. 
Taehyung smile. "It's our orange farm"
"The air smells great"
"Of course"

Jungkook was handed by a basket with Taehyung instruct him to pick the biggest and sweetest orange he could see. 

The two continue to wander around the orange farm and pulling out some oranges. 
Jungkook glimpse at Taehyung behind him. 
A playful smirk sketched his lips while he grab a piece of orange and throw it at the back of Taehyung's head. 

"Hey! "
He started laughing when the older turn around with a frown on his face. "I didn't do that" He snort and display a grin on his lips. 
Taehyung smirk and drop his basket to rush at Jungkook. 

The younger quickly dash away and they ended playing catch and run. 

At the end, Taehyung had caught his waist and hold him tight. 
"Ah! Taehyung! "
Jungkook giggles while he try to escape from his firm grip but to no avail. 

He only quit laughing when he notice Taehyung staring at him. 
He look at his eyes. The simple brown orbs refraining him to look away. 

Taehyung felt his heart quicken and he swears Jungkook could feel it at their close proximity. 
He tighten his grip to Jungkook's waist, crumpling the hem of his shirt as the younger's scent surrounds him. 

He smells like soap and fresh flowers. 

He lean closer, Jungkook did the same. 
Their noses brush until Taehyung can already feel the younger's lips on his. 
His lips were soft, just as he expected it to be. 
The small peck turn into a kiss when Jungkook started moving his lips. 
He slowly cling his arms on Taehyung's neck. 
The older feeling how smooth his skin were, brushing to the back of his neck. 

He pull Jungkook closer and hold him tighter and kiss him deeper. 
As of now, it didn't matter how awkward it would be after they pull away. 
Or the fact that they are cousins and what they're doing is practically . 

Jungkook felt his breath shortening so he was the first to pull away. 
He push Taehyung by the chest and look at him. 

"This felt... This felt great"

"Is that suppose to be safe? "

Jungkook shake his hand and look down to observe his lips. 
"I don't know, and I don't care"
He pull Taehyung for another kiss. 
Fortunately, he isn't rejected. 

 

 

 


Jungkook zip close his suit and push it near the door. 
He look through the window and saw his mom waving her hand at him, a taxi waiting by her side. 

Suddenly, he felt a pair of arms hug him from behind. 
He sigh before turning around to faced Taehyung who greet him with a kiss. 

"A month has passed already? "

"Unfortunately, yes" Jungkook pouts, Taehyung kiss it away. 

"You should proceed, your mother's waiting for you outside"
"Correct me if I think you badly wanted me to leave"
Taehyung chuckles seeing Jungkook raise an eyebrow at him. 
He kiss his forehead and stay there a little longer. 
"How much I wish you could stay. But... "
"But I have to"

Jungkook blink his tears away and bury his face at Taehyung's shoulder. His scent making him tear up. 
"I'm gonna miss you"
"I'll miss you more"

"You're gonna come back here, right?"
"I promise"

"Jungkook, it's time to bid goodbye"

They quickly shuffled away before Jungkook's mother reach the room. 
She smile at the two and assure his son for their departure. 

Jungkook pick his bags and move outside of the house. 
He set his things at the back of the car as his mother went inside the back seat after bidding her goodbye to her sister and nephew. 

Jungkook turn his head to the porch. 
His auntie give him a big smile while waving her hand. Beside her was Taehyung, with both hands shove inside his pants pocket, a small smile at the corner of his lips. 

He went inside the car and roll down the window so he could still see Taehyung while the car started moving ahead. 

He sigh and keep his eyes in front. 
"So, you enjoy you're summer? " He heard his mother question. 
"Yeah, actually. I can't wait for the next summer"
"And next time, we can spend the day with your ways"

"Mom? "
"Yes? "
"I was thinking, if we could travel back here next summer?"
His mother gawk at him suprised, before she smile and pet the back of his head.
"Sure, baby"

 

 

 

 


This isn't suppose to be here but... 

 

 


While the other students are busy originating noise polution at Room 3-C, one student isn't joining them. 

Jungkook look down at his math notebook with a black pen in his right hand playing with it. 
He was studying through his notes and try to memorize the formula needed for today's math quiz. 
But he seems to always forgot one as he's been wearing a frown since he pull out that notebook. 

The sound of a heels clanking on the polish floor effect everyone to proceed to their assign seats and quit making noises. 

Jungkook look up to see their adviser had arived. 
He was about to ignore her when she tries to gain their attention. 
"Class, I have something to acknowledge"
Jungkook bit the edge of his pen, he's used to doing that. You can say it's a habit. 

"It's been two days since another school year starts so I guess you wouldn't mind another new classmate, right? "
Everyone whisper a words of agreement. 

After Jungkook knowing it's just another transferee, he put his attention back to his math problems. 

"Hello"

His body quit moving. 
The whole world seems to be in a pause as all he heard was the transferee's deep voice and the nonstop giggling of his girl classmates right after. 

"My name is Kim Taehyung. I'm 20. I live in Daegu but move here in Busan, permanently. That is because, I'm missing my other half"

Jungkook choose to look up. 
His throat came dry after realizing that his cousin, Kim Taehyung, is standing in front of his classroom, wearing the same school's uniform, introducing himself. 

Everyone started whispering when Taehyung announce us his reason of transferring here. 

"Crazy, right? I leave everything behind at Daegu and study here in Busan instead just because I'm missing him. Well, nothing is more crazy than what I feel for him"

Taehyung only look at Jungkook while talking. 
He didn't bother the whispers from the students, accusing there was something between them. 

"I missed you" 

Jungkook wipe his tear away and manage to smile. 

"I missed you more"

 

 

 

This chapter might have dissapoint you. The plot isn't what I plan it to be. 

I think Taehyung was meant to be cocky and Jungkook is just that rich son whose really sensitive to everything. 

But you see, it turned out isn't like that so... 

PLEASE FORGIVE ME~