Hobo's

Taekook/Vkook OneShotsCollections

 

 

The movie Kit Kittredge:An American Girl infires me

 

 

 

Jungkook tread along the smooth pathway from the pavement. 
His right hand swaying gradually on his side while his other hand holding his mother's ones. 

His feet felt comfortable with his black boots that was bought by his mother just yesterday.
His upper body covered by a thick soft fabric of blue sweater, the long sleeves reaching his palm just the way he like it to be. 
Long legs sealed by tight skinny jeans that reveals the curve of his legs. 
On the other hand, his mother wore a light pink dress for today. White lace decorating the colar. 
It's skirt only reaching the level of her thighs and her pink flatshoes match it all. 
Also a summer hat on her head to conceal her from the vivid sun. 

Their novel fashion label them as one of the rich citizens. 

These acquire his mother to hold her head up because there is no inconvenience reason to look down. 

Jungkook merely roll his eyes from his mother while she proudly display her beauty. 

As they pass by the church, Jungkook saw something that overjoyed his mood. 
"Mother, look! "
He pull his mother's hand to cease her from walking and point his index finger to a dog laying beside the entrance of the tall church. 
"Jungkook, why is it so special to you? "
"She's so pretty~"
He finally let go of her hand and dash in front of the dog. 
He crouch down to pet her head which mostly cover with light colored fur with her droopy ears a burgundy. 
The dog put her head up and mewl at him, eyes downcast in loneliness. 
Jungkook cooes at it. 
"Aww, how sad. How long have you been staying here... "
He search a place under her neck and didn't fail to find a dog tag with red lace and gold for it's name. 
"...Grace?"
He continue scrubbing his hand to her bushy fur. "You poor poor dog. You must be hungry, are you Grace? Mommy, can we keep her? "
Jungkook look up to see his mother with her raising eyebrow glaring at him. 
She sigh and held a hand in front. "We can't. Now come on, Jungkook. Take my hand and let's go home"
Jungkook pouts. "But–she'll be here all alone and... and what if something harmful will happen to her? "
"Jungkook, you know I won't let you take her. She'll be fine. Now let's go"
"I will take care of her. Please, just one night"
Her mother was getting a minute exasperated. But she can't be furios with her only son. 
"No"

Jungkook look down dejected. 
He let go of the dog, perhaps a little slowly before standing up and grasp his mother's hand. 
"Now don't be too sad. It's not–"
A man racing in extreme speed crop his mother's sentence and cause their hands to unclasp. 

For Jungkook, the world might have advance in a slower pace as he look up and saw the man holding something in his arms. 
His dark brunette bouncing from his forehead while he run. 
He wears a grey jumper and a white shirt inside. But they were really really dirty. Some portion is ripped away. 
Jungkook saw his face. 
The man's eyes scrutinize in front and lips parted with heavy pants coming out. 
Jungkook notice something. 
He look down and saw the man isn't wearing any footwear. 

He blink and close his eyes for a longer time before opening them again, only to see his mother on the ground with a disaster expression on her face. 
"Mommy! " Jungkook hasten to help her on her feet while she dust off her clothes, hissing in exasperate. 

There's a different man stop in front of them and bent down to put his hand on his knees and calm his heavy breathing. 
"Mister, are you alright? " Jungkook approach him. 
"No! That man just steal my wallet from me! " He pointed from afar and Jungkook saw the same man that had pushed his mother on the ground. 
"What did your wallet look like? "
"It was red. My son made it for me"
"Do you have any reason why did he rob your wallet? "
The man in a suit shakes his head. "I don't care. All I know is that man is a Hobo! "

Hobo? 

What's.. a Hobo? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


The word that reveal from the man earlier keep bugging Jungkook. 
Hobo. 
It's such a foreign word for him that he didn't have any single idea what it was that the town keep talking about it. 

After removing his shoes, Jungkook slump on the long couch at the living room and search for the remote. 
As he found it, he open the wide television. 
He was about to change it to a different channel, when the news suddenly grew interested for him. 

"Another corner in Bucheon, a man named Jang Taek Kyung, woke up to find his house being robbed. Everyone believe it is done by no other than Hobo's. While in Seoul, another man named Park Su Kyu, lost his wallet when a Hobo had tried stealing it"

"Agh, that kind of news again"
Jungkook turn his head to the side. 
His mother come out from her room, now wearing loose short pants and green shirt. 
She sit beside his son with a knot on her forehead. 
"What's the problem? "
"Three Hobos had found stealing in this week is reported. One has been caught while the other two got escape. They really need to do something about these. These can't keep going, or we will remain unsafe"
"Why are they doing that? " Jungkook suddenly became curios. 
How he didn't know it is the main exertion to his place. 
His mother look at him intently and brought a hand to his chin. "Because they are sinful. That's why I want you to not trust anyone but me. Do you understand? "
Jungkook didn't pick up what she was trying to explain. 
But the best respond is to nod his head. 

 

 

 

 

 

After noon, Jungkook decided to go outside. 
The house is starting to bored him, especially when he's dad is not around. 
He held a lollipop in his hand, it every second. 
He stroll around the neighborhood till he reach a street more restful. 
The people there was scarce and peaceful. 
The only sound coming from his shoes stepping on some dried leaves and the wind rustling the trees and loose branches. 

His head snap after hearing a crash. 
He stop his lollipop and crane his neck to the house where he he heard the crash. 
He squint his eyes then suprisingly gasp when a silhouette pass by the window. 

Jungkook look around before settling to walk towards the house. 
"Hello? " He softly called, but no one answer. 

Another crash was heard and he find himself walking at the backyard. 
There he saw a guy, holding a box between his arms. 
Both of them had a bewildered look on the face after meeting each other's gaze. 
Jungkook squint his eyes at him, familiarity circling in his mind. 

"What are you doing? " He question suspiciously. 
That guy keep twitching his eyes. "I-I... u-uhh.. "
"Are you stealing? "
The guy gawk at him suprised. 
Some strands of his dark brunette hair fall down above his long eyelashes. 
The strap of his jumper fell down smoothly on his shoulder. 
His bare toes curling in anxious. 

"I-I'm not–"
"Taehyung, I'm done"
Jungkook bring his attention to a different guy slip out from the window bearing a bag on his shoulder. 
He had dark black hair, like Jungkook, wearing a worn out black shirt and frail pants. 
The two gape at Jungkook until the black haired nudge the brunette on the side. 

"What's he doing here? " Worry lace in his voice. 
The brunette shake his head and shrug. 
"What's your name, kid? "
Jungkook didn't reply to the black-haired. 

He look back at the house then to the two guys. 
"What are you doing with the house?"
"Oh.. uhh.. just... collecting stuffs... for charity"
"Oh"

"Hey.. uhm... you got a pretty necklace there"
The black-haired point at his accessory. 
Jungkook unlock the necklace and raise it for an examine. 
"Yeah. My dad gave it to me"
He startled the two boys with his smile. 
"Here. You can take it. Maybe give it for charity"
"Oh sweet" The black-haired didn't hesitate to step forward and seize the necklace from his hand. 
"Tae, let's go" 
He sprint out of the backyard leaving Jungkook and the dark brunette. 

Jungkook notice the odd look in his eyes. 
It's almost as if, he's apologizing to him. 

One last look and the dark brunette escape the yard. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Jungkook only realized what happened after he got home, his mother questioning him at the missing jewelry on his neck. 
He told her about his encounter of the two boys which he never knew their name. 
Only then he realized, why he's mother raise her hand infuriate then grabbing the telephone to call the police. Why she almost wanted to slap his son for being so stupid.
Because the thing Jungkook didn't know, is that he got fooled. 
He lost his precious necklace his father gave him to a Hobo that were obviously stealing from the house. 
Jungkook finally get it, why everyone are so furios to them. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


He choose to stay at the forest. 
Afterall forests are restful, shaded and... cold. 
He instantly hug himself with both hands rubbing his forearm and blowing air to warm his palm. 

He was about to take a step forward when he already heard some footsteps. 
The twigs crashing resonate the mild forest. 
Jungkook inspect around, until a figure caught his attention. 
"You! " He pointed the dark brunette hiding behind the tree. 
But the guy only turn around and race away. 
"Hey, come back here! Wait! "

Jungkook rush to catch him but then slip on his own foot and tumble down the hill. 
"Ahh! " His body continue to coast down. 
The pointed edge of the branch wound his cheeks and he almost bawl in pain. 

As he reach the bottom of the hill, a lost branch pierce through his thighs. "Ah! " He scream in pain. 

He sat up and witness the blood smearing on his thighs. 
He clench his eyes and try reaching for the wood, but as soon as he touch it, he sob in pain. 
His pants and hands covered with his own blood and the sight terror him. 

While crying himself in anguish, he saw a guy walking to his direction, face in horror after seeing Jungkook's current situation. 
"This is all your fault! " Jungkook yowl. 
The dark brunette lower his head and keep his eyes down. "I'm sorry"
His raspy voice develop his tears to pause. 
It dried to his cheeks after a long time of silence. 
His sobs then died down. 

"Well, what are you waiting for? Help me" 
The dark brunette look up to him and nod his head. 
He walk towards Jungkook and carefully lift him. 
Jungkook grimace in pain and quickly wrap his arms around his neck. 
The dark brunette was staring at him and Jungkook found himself staring also. 
Their faces were a centimeters closer that Jungkook could hear his small pants from his slightly open mouth. 
"You're heavy"
"Don't even mention it"

 

 

 

 

Jungkook didn't know where did the brunette take him as he only saw a lot of people, clothes the same as the brunette, dirty and worn out. 
There were about 8 build tents and a made fire on the side. 
There were adults, teenagers, kids and even infants. 
And they were all staring at him. 

"Where are we? "
The brunette look down at him for a short time before looking back in front. 
"This is my place"

"Who is he? "

"Why is Taehyung carrying him? "

"I think he's hurt"

"Should we care? "

The whispers went deaf to his ears as he got inside a tent and the brunette drop him. 
The tent was really small that Jungkook capture the whole space, but since they were two inside, it's a bit of a struggle. 

He watch as the brunette grab a towel from a bag and clean the blood from his pants, he might have bump the wood which made Jungkook hissed in pain. 
"Here"
Once again, Jungkook felt himself overwhelmed by his raspy voice that he had to snap his thoughts and look at the towel handed to him. 
"What am I going to do with that? "
"Put it in your mouth. I'm gonna pull the wood slowly"
"No, just pull it out quickly"
The brunette shake his head. "It might turn worse. Now hold on"
Jungkook bit onto the towel on his mouth when the brunette position his hand. 

He then grab a hold of the wood and pull it out slowly. 
Jungkook look away and clench his eyes and scream, his noises muffled by the towel in his mouth. 
He grasp on the brunette's shirt. 

After the wood pull out from his thighs, Jungkook's face grew pale and his mouth drop the towel instantly. 
His chest rise up and down while he shiver. 
The brunette wrap the towel to the wound. 

The two look at each other before releasing a laugh. 
"Oh my god, I could have died" Jungkook breath out. 

"I still can't walk"

"And I can't go out with you"

"I'm Jungkook by the way"

"Taehyung"

Taehyung. 

"What... What were you doing in that house? "
He saw how Taehyung stiffen and look away shamefully. 
"Were you stealing? "
"You don't understand–"
"I do. You do it because you needed to. But do you ever consider how bad it looks like? "
"Is stealing from the rich and giving it to the poor is bad? "
Jungkook find himself lost in words. 
His eyes blink in suprise and mouth slightly agape. 
"We, Hobos, are nothing but garbage. We only wanted help but no one is capable enough to give that to us. Everyone thought we are the bad ones. But it's always been the people. We can't leave like this, so we rob. That's the best choice we have"
Taehyung shake his head before going out to the tent. 

Jungkook move his legs and immediately felt a shot of pain. 
He look at his clothed wound and notice the red spot forming on the towel. 
Nonetheless, he still got up. 

As he was out from the tent, his legs suddenly grew weak and he's about to drop down. 
He expect to touch the ground, instead, he felt a pair of arms wrap around him. 
He look up to see Taehyung frowning. 
"You help me. I want to help you in return"
"How? "
"I'm not going to steal" Taehyung roll his eyes. "But... "
Jungkook pull out some wrapped brownies from his back pocket and show it to everyone. 

"I really want that brownies"

"I haven't eaten for two days"

He smile. "It's a start"

 

 

 

 

While sharing the brownies he had in hand, three others approach them. Jungkook immediately recognizing the guy at the left. 
He's the one who took my necklace. 
That guy didn't fail to notice him. 
He frown and grab Taehyung by the collar. 
"What's he doing here? "
"Jimin, he's here to help"
"Help? "
Taehyung raise a brownies. "Would you like to try one? They're delicious"

Jimin turn his head to Jungkook, who smile at him. 
"I forgive you"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He witness it in his own eyes. 
Everyone was wrong afterall. 
Hobo's are not so bad. 
Taehyung was right. 

He slip on a rock and almost plunge down again but Taehyung was quick to support him. 
"Thanks"

 

 

 

Once they reach Jungkook's backyard, Jungkook turn around to face Taehyung but the other seems to be looking at something else. 
"Is there something on my face? "
"Actually yes" 
Taehyung use his thumb to wipe the small portion of chocolate above his upper lip. 

Jungkook was so surprised he didn't had the chance to move when Taehyung started leaning closer. 
He held his breath and close his eyes, waiting for the time when Taehyung's lips will attach to his. 

"Jungkook, is that you! "

The two quickly pulled away and turn their heads towards the back door. 
They both can hear the nearing footsteps and Jungkook quickly bid his goodbye. 
"You should hurry. Thanks for walking with me. I'll see you tomorrow"
"You will come back? "
Jungkook look at Taehyung. "You don't want me to? "
"No! I meant, yeah sure. I-I'll see you tomorrow"
He smile. "Great. Bye"
"Bye"

Jungkook dash inside the house, exactly when his mother standing in front of him. 
"What took you so long? It's already night"
"I-I might have enjoyed being outside. Afterall I barely go out"
She smile. "Well, the sheriff is still looking for the place"
"What place? "
"Uh, where Hobo's are"
"Right" Jungkook look down and mentally hope the police won't find it too soon. 
"Wait, why is your leg bleeding?! "
Jungkook look down to see the towel already soaking red and dripping blood. 
"I... I fall down on a hill and accidentally pierce a wood in my thighs"
"Oh my god, come here! Let me aid that! Didn't I always advise you to be careful? "
"Yeah, sure"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next morning, when Jungkook woke up, only to find his house filled with polices. His mother talking to one of them. 
Then he notice, she is holding his necklace, the one his dad gave him. 
He started feeling uneasy. 

He tug her shirt and succeed on catching her attention. 
"Why is there so many people? "
She smile. "Well, it's a great news"
"What? "
"They found the place. And every Hobos are to be keep in jail"
His eyes widen and took a step back. "No"
"No? What do you mean n–Hey, Jungkook, where are you going?! "

Jungkook felt trouble inside him. 
He's worried, anxious. 
What if–

He feel downhearted after seeing the police pushing the Hobos inside a car with handcuffs on their wrist 
One of them is Taehyung. 

"Wait! " He quickly sprint towards the dark brunette. 
He feel sorrowful after seeing the loathe in his inflamed eyes. 
"Taehyung–"
"I should have known! " He yell, tears forming at the corner of his eyes. 
"I should have known. Why would someone like you would bother to help us? You used me! Just so I can lead you to our place. Jungkook, you fooled me! You're a fraud! 
Jungkook only notice now that both of them were crying, hot tears descending from their eyes. 
"No, th-that wasn't my intention. I–"
"I don't need your stupid explanation. Why did I even help you in the first place? You're just like them! Just as I thought someone can understand me"
"Taehyung, I didn't. Taehyung... wait! "
The dark brunette insist to get inside the car. 

Jungkook quickly run towards his mother who saw everything. 
"Mommy, please let them go. They... They did nothing wrong. They were just protecting themselves! "
"J-Jungkook, I can't do that"
"Please, I beg you. Let them go. Let all of them go. I want you yo understand me. Mom, please! "
She didn't bother to speak a word anymore. 
This only broke Jungkook. 

He look back at the car. 
At the window, he saw Taehyung looking at him. 
Only this time, a wretched expression on his face. 

Jungkook look down. "I'm sorry"

The car accelerate and travel away. 
Where Jungkook can never ever see him again. 

 

 

 

 

 

It's 3279 words. You're welcome.