Conflicted Feelings

Ataraxy (HIATUS)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 4- Conflicted Feelings

“I’m telling you! Something is definitely going on between them…” Soonyoung whispered, peeking his head through Mingyu’s door.

“Come on…he was just being nice, letting the guy sleep in his bed.” Seokmin whispered back, his head just below Soonyoung’s.

“No way…he wouldn’t even let us near his bed. And now this guy is sleeping on top of him Seokmin! And if only you saw how he blushed when this guy appeared at the door…” Soonyoung whispered, this time slightly louder.

“Really?!” Seokmin exclaimed, his mouth gaping, eyes open wide, staring at his boyfriend like the other just grew another head. This woke Mingyu up, and he threw a pillow at the two heads by the door.

“Had a good night sleep cute guy?” Soonyoung teased, sticking his tongue out.

“Too early for your nonsense hyung…” Mingyu groaned, throwing another pillow, but the door closed in time. Mingyu turned around when he felt an arm snaking around his waist. He saw Wonwoo’s face up close with clear tear stains. He must have cried in his sleep. Mingyu stared at the older sleeping peacefully. The dark eye circles were so clear under his eyes, and Mingyu couldn’t help but wonder what exactly made the older so upset. That he had to drink and completely pass out at a stranger’s dorm.

 

Oh god…I probably shouldn’t have drank that much yesterday…feels like someone whacked me in the head like 100 times… Wonwoo wanted to open his eyes, but his eyelids weigh a tonne. His forehead creased from the intense pain he was feeling, and he felt someone moving in his arms. Wait. Someone else is beside me? I swear…I made it into Jun’s dorm yesterday…And that jerk never lets me sleep in his bed. And Minghao…will never sleep beside me…So…who the is that?! Wonwoo opened his eyes, earning a sharp pain in his head. Bad choice.

“…” Wonwoo cursed, as he pulled the ends of his hair.

“Hold up! Let me get you some Advil!” He heard a strangely familiar voice call out. It was familiar, but he couldn’t point out exactly who that voice belonged to. He opened his eyes slowly this time, adjusting to the brightness of the room. His eyes scanned the room and it looked creepily neat. Books were arranged according to their heights on a bookshelf, pens and pencils were in stationary holders and clothes were neatly arranged according to their colour on the clothes rack. This is…definitely not Jun’s dorm…hold up. It can’t be Seungcheol hyung’s dorm could it?! Wonwoo was starting to panic. If he was in Seungcheol’s dorm, then it meant that he would see Jihoon.

“Erm. Here’s the Advil and water…” Mingyu cleared his throat, making Wonwoo snap out of his thoughts.

“I-it’s…you…?!” Wonwoo croaked. His throat was extremely dry after not drinking a drop of water the entire night. He took the Advil and water offered, face relaxing a little as the water moisturized his throat.

“Y-yeah…W-would you want to have breakfast together…? I don’t have lessons till like 1pm…” Mingyu asked after gathering his courage and confidence. Wonwoo didn’t say anything, but raise a brow at the sudden question.

“I-it’s not a date or whatever. J-just wanted to return the favour…y-you know…for taking me in that day…” Mingyu stuttered.

“I didn’t say anything though…but now that you mentioned it. A date sounds good.” Wonwoo smirked. Yup. He was now wide awake, feeling all better. 

“I s-said it wasn’t a d-date!” Mingyu exclaimed.

“Really? Or are you just shy to ask for one? You know the blush on your face says a lot…” Wonwoo teased as he stood up, but the sudden pain in his head made his wince.

“Serves you right…” Mingyu mumbled under his breath, fanning his face with one hand.

“Can I get something to wear? Preferably something suitable for a date.” Wonwoo winked at Mingyu once the pain subsided.

“I told you it wasn’t a date! Aish…” Mingyu exclaimed, walking over to his clothes rack. He picked out a hoodie and a pair of jeans for the older, placing it on the bed.

“I-I’ll just wait outside…” Mingyu mumbled before closing the door behind him. He sat on the sofa, staring into space until he smelled a really familiar scent. It was his cologne.

“How do I look? Great right?” Wonwoo laughed when he saw Mingyu roll his eyes.

“Wait…I didn’t pick this out for you…” Mingyu narrowed his eyes when he saw Wonwoo wearing a striped long sleeve top.

“Well…I just thought it would feel more like a date if we wore something similar. In this case. Striped shirts!” Wonwoo grinned.

“How many times do I have to say…It isn’t a date for crying out loud!” Mingyu groaned, smacking his forehead.

“Date? Our Mingyu is finally going out on a date?! Oh my god! Seokminnieeeeee~ Our Mingyu is finally going on a date! After living under the rock for like…20 years!” Soonyoung exclaimed.

“Mingyu is going on a date?! That’s practically a miracle! Holy crap! We need to tell Jeonghan hyung!” Seokmin jumped up and down after dashing into the living room.

“Please take good care of our baby okay? He has no experience in any of this dating thing. So please. Don’t break his heart.” Soonyoung said, holding onto Wonwoo’s hand.

“Hyung seriouslyyyyyy…stop it! You’re embarrassing us!” Mingyu whined from the side.

“Quiet Mingyu! Hyungs are talking.” Soonyoung hushed the younger. Wonwoo smiled upon watching them converse. It was adorable but heartwarming. The relationship between Soonyoung, Seokmin and Mingyu was definitely like the one he had with Hansol and Chan. Close like brothers I mean.

“No assurances about heartbreaks. But I’ll make sure he has a great time.” Wonwoo smiled as Soonyoung squealed and pushed the two of them out of the dorm.

“Ah…seriously. No one ever listens to me…” Mingyu complained as they stepped onto the streets.

“What do you want to eat?” Wonwoo asked.

“Anything but Mac-…” Mingyu tried to answer before failing terribly.

“McDonalds it is!” Wonwoo cheered, chuckling when he heard a groan coming from Mingyu.

“Why do you even ask if you’re not going to listen to me…” Mingyu complained as he walked on the outside of the sidewalk.

“Just wanted to rile you up. You look cute when you get all annoyed and stuff.” Wonwoo laughed.

“You’re so annoying…I don’t even know why I suggested to have breakfast with you…” Mingyu replied, not a trace of annoyance in his tone.

“Oh really? I’m annoying? How so?” Wonwoo asked.

“You always have that stupid smug look on your face…and you keep teasing me…it’s…so stupid and annoy-OH !” Mingyu nearly tripped over a pothole, but Wonwoo caught him just in time.

“Yah! Be more careful will you! Watch where you’re going!” Wonwoo chided, his hands still firmly gripping Mingyu’s waist.  

“S-sorry…” Mingyu apologized, his face turning a shade of deep red. Wonwoo pushed him to the centre of the sidewalk, and he walked by the younger’s left. They kept walking down the streets in silence, following Wonwoo's lead. 

 

“What do you want?” Wonwoo asked, bumping his shoulder with Mingyu’s.

“H-huh?” Mingyu looked at the older with a confused look. I thought we were going to McDonalds? This obviously isn’t McDonalds…

“Can we have two set Bs then. Thanks!” Wonwoo found a seat right next to the window. When he took a seat, he noticed that Mingyu was just standing there, looking stunned.

“Hello? Are you just going to stand here?” Wonwoo questioned, raising a brow. Mingyu blushed again, making his way to the table Wonwoo picked.

“Weren’t we supposed to go to…McDonalds?” Mingyu asked, looking around the café. This is actually my favourite café…is he some kind of mind reader?

“Well…you didn’t want to go there…and I’m not a jerk who doesn’t listen.” Wonwoo shrugged his shoulders. Their food came in time, and both started to dig in like they starved for days.

“What happened yesterday…? Why did you drink so much? Did you fight with Hansol or something…?” Mingyu asked, once he got past his hungry phase, slowing down.

“…just one of those childish fights…” Wonwoo said, a fake s

Please log in to read the full chapter