Feelings For You

Ataraxy (HIATUS)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 16- Feelings For You

“So…I have to feel that way…before knowing that I like that person?” Wonwoo asked.

“Well…not everyone feels that way…some people feel it in a more intense way…I don’t really know…” Mingyu shrugged his shoulders.

“Why? You feel that way about someone?” Mingyu asked, raising a brow at Wonwoo. Why is he asking all these questions all of a sudden…? He must feel something for someone…

“I don’t know…it didn’t feel like what you just described…” Wonwoo sighed, shaking his head.

“Then what did it feel like? I might be able to help.” Mingyu prodded.

“…sometimes I feel like I want to protect him when he seems so vulnerable…” Wonwoo started, earning a snicker from Mingyu.

“What?!” Wonwoo glared at the younger, who burst out laughing.

“Says the one who cries all the day!” Mingyu laughed even louder when he saw Wonwoo roll his eyes in annoyance.

“No I don’t! That only became a habit after you stepped into my life…” Wonwoo retorted, smacking Mingyu’s arm.

“You said that like it’s a bad thing…unlike you I think it’s good to show your true feelings…instead of hiding them inside like a coward.” Mingyu scoffed.

“Anyways…back to how I feel love guru…” Wonwoo threw another glare at Mingyu before the younger signalled for him to continue, not caring about the nickname Wonwoo just gave him.

“I think…that he’s just a major fluffball…but a little dumb. Like who actually hides behind someone shorter than themselves…And he’s so cheerful and bubbly about life…and I think he looks really cute blushing and getting all worked up whenever I …” Wonwoo let out a small grin, but sighed when he saw a frown on Mingyu’s face.

“Yah. Why are you frowning again?” Wonwoo nudged the younger, making him snap out of his little bubble momentarily.

“…nothing…” Mingyu shook his head. Is he really a fool or what? Whoever this person he’s talking about…it’s obviously a crush…

“So…do I like that person or what?” Wonwoo asked, watching Mingyu stare at the ground.

“I think so…” Mingyu scoffed, getting up as he got up ready to leave.

“Really…? Don’t you want to know who it is? He’s probably going to be your love rival.” Wonwoo teased, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

“Yah where are you going? The rain is still pretty heavy.” Wonwoo stood up, holding Mingyu’s arm, stopping the younger from dashing out from the shelter.

“Don’t worry. I have my hoodie. Anyways I’m done with my work here…get home safe.” Mingyu retorted, pulling his arm away. Wonwoo watched the younger pull his hood over his head before running off under the rain, getting drenched from head to toe. All Wonwoo could see was Mingyu’s fading backview as he stood in the pavilion, feeling lost and confused at the younger’s sudden change in attitude. He sounded mad…? But why?

 

To: Kim Mingyu

Hey! Just wanted to say thanks for listening to me rant all night.

Get home safe! Text me once you get home.

 

Wonwoo recalled the last time he accompanied the younger home at such hours. It didn’t end very well, considering how Mingyu had that emotional meltdown. He was far beyond worried about the same thing happening again.

 

“Why…Kim Mingyu! Why are you so stupid…” Mingyu finally let out a sob he had been holding in ever since he left Wonwoo alone at the pavilion. Despite knowing that a cold was inevitable if he continued hanging around under the rain, Mingyu stood rooted by the crossroads just outside their dorm. Why was he feeling so upset? It wasn’t like Wonwoo asked him to have a crush on him. And also the fact about Wonwoo liking someone, it was pretty much none of his business. But why does he feel betrayed?

 

“Yah! Mingyu-ah! Where did you run off to?! You didn’t even finish your pizza!” Seokmin scolded the moment his roommate opened the door to their dorm. The moment Mingyu received that call from Wonwoo, he put down everything in his hands and dashed out of their dorm.

“What the actual is going on…” Soonyoung cursed as soon as a fully drenched Mingyu walked into their living room. He was trudging his way in, leaving trails of water pile behind.

“Are you out of your mind? What were you even doing under the rain?!” Seokmin shrieked upon the sight of Mingyu.

“Sorry…just got kind of…caught up in my…thoughts….” Mingyu choked up a little. He made his way back into his room, slamming the door shut behind him. He changed into a new pair of dry clothes, throwing his body onto his bed. He must like someone else…but…who? Jun hyung? But it can’t be…Jun hyung has a boyfriend right? Ming…Minghao? But the two of them are so close…and they even came to the same conclusion that Wonwoo hyung doesn’t like me…wait…why does it feel so hot all of a sudden? Mingyu closed his eyes, temporarily taking a break from his thoughts. He may or may not have fallen asleep after a few moments of quietness and break from thinking. 

“Yah Kim Mingyu. You’re really stupid…” A strangely familiar deep voice scolded him. In Mingyu’s memory, Soonyoung and Seokmin’s voice were never this deep. He gathered all his remaining strength to open his eyes, but all he saw was a dark overcast of a tall figure leaning over him, wiping the sweat off his forehead before his eyelids that weighed a tonne closed shut.

 

“Mingyu-ah! Wake up! It’s already 12 noon!” Seokmin shook Mingyu’s shoulder gently.

“Are you feeling better? Looks like the fever’s subsided…” Seokmin mumbled to himself, placing a hand over Mingyu’s forehead before he got up. Mingyu opened his eyes groggily, looking at his surroundings. He noticed the sponge bath left on his study table. Seokmin must have taken care of me yesterday night huh…what did I do to have such caring friends…?

“Come on…go wash up. The soup’s almost ready.” Seokmin pulled Mingyu’s arm, dragging the younger out of bed. Upon stepping out of the bathroom, the distinctive smell of chicken soup lured Mingyu into the living room where both Soonyoung and Seokmin were waiting for him.

“Are you feeling better? You seriously gave us a shock coming home drenched from head to toe…if only you saw how worried Won-” Before Soonyoung could finish his sentence, Seokmin smacked his hand over Soonyoung’s mouth, stopping the older from saying more.

“If only you saw how worried WE were.” Seokmin gritted through his teeth, sending daggers with his eyes at Soonyoung.

“I just thought that he deserved to know who came running after him and took care of him the entire night…” Soonyoung mumbled under his breath.

“But haven’t you thought that maybe that’s why he came home in that state?” Seokmin retorted, pulling Soonyoung’s bowl of soup away.

“But at least he was concerned enough to come after him.” Soonyoung snatched the bowl back, spilling some on the table.

“Guys guys! Please stop! I’m fine now and that’s all that matters. Thanks for taking care of me yesterday night. Can we please have our meal like proper humans do?” Mingyu joked a little, trying to break the awkward atmosphere. It only made things even more awkward as the trio ate in silence, only the occasional sighs coming from Soonyoung.

“It wasn’t us who took care of you…” Soonyoung couldn’t help but reveal the truth, earning a slap on his arm from Seokmin.

“Huh? It wasn’t? Then who was it?” Mingyu asked, a brow raised at the older.

“Go figure out yourself…” Soonyoung mumbled, rubbing his arm as he collected the bowls and utensils, bringing them to the kitchen to wash. Mingyu turned to look at Seokmin, hoping that the other would provide him an answer.

“I’ll go help him…” Seokmin sighed, leaving Mingyu alone, wondering who cared for him the previous night when he came back all drenched. He wandered back into his room, scrolling through the messages on his phone. Texts from a particular someone made his finger linger right above the screen.

 

From: Wonwoo hyung

Kim Mingyu! Have you gotten home yet?

Yah! You brat! Why did you just run off like that?

FYI it was really rude of you. I wasn’t even done talking.

Hey! Are you home yet?

Did something happen on the way back?

Hello?

Dude! Reply me or something.

You make me so confused sometimes…

I’m coming over to your dorm right now…since you’re not replying. We don’t need a repetition of that night.

You’re such a fool. I told you not to leave till the rain got smaller.

Now you’ve caught a cold. .

Get well soon…

 

Was he…the one who took care of me the entire night?! OH MY GOD. Did I blabber anything nonsense?! . I regret everything. I should have just waited till the rain got smaller. Why did you even insist on running home ?! Mingyu groaned out loud, hitting his head with his pillow repetitively.

 

To: Wonwoo hyung

Oh…so it was you who took care of me yesterday?

Thanks…

By the way…did I say anything stupid while I was in that sick trance?

 

From: Wonwoo hyung

Oh great you’re alive and replying my texts.

Who else would take such good care of you? You can’t find a better crush out there. ;)

You know lots of people out there would want me to do such things for them. BUT ONLY FOR YOU KIM MINGYU.

Yeah you were talking about how much you liked me and how hot I looked.

 

“Oh ing hell…KIM MINGYU.” Mingyu groaned, smacking his cheeks hard.

“Why do I have to always do such stupid things when I’m sick…” Mingyu shouted into his pillow, ruffling his hair. He was feeling so frustrated. Firstly, Wonwoo knew that his new crush was just a cover up, and he’s pretty sure the older would keep rubbing the fact that he still liked him into his face. Secondly, Wonwoo has feelings for another person that isn’t Mingyu. That was going to make their next meeting really awkward. Before Mingyu could plan to end his embarrassing life, his phone vibrated.

 

From: Wonwoo hyung

I was just kidding. HAHAHA.

I wished I was there to watch you get all riled up…

Too bad…thanks to someone. I caught a cold too…  (⌣́_⌣̀)

Hansol says to watch your bac

Please log in to read the full chapter