Moving In?!

Ataraxy (HIATUS)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 28- Moving In?!

“Mingyu! We need to go! We need to go find out what on earth is happening back at the dorms. The administrator just called, saying that Youngie and I have to move out by today!” Seokmin barged into the balcony, not giving a damn about the scene he caused by running around the hallways, and he definitely didn’t care about the fact that Wonwoo was now glaring at him. As much as he wanted to give Wonwoo a piece of his mind and make the older stay away from Mingyu, he knew it wouldn’t work and they had much more important stuff to take care of currently.

“W-What? Do we really have to go? B-But I…” Mingyu’s hands were pried off Wonwoo’s reluctantly. Tell him to let me go…ask for me to stay…do something… Mingyu threw a helpless look at Wonwoo.

“Yes, we have to go. Youngie’s waiting for us downstairs. Let’s go.” Wonwoo could sense the underlying irritation and built up frustration in Seokmin’s tone. He could only give a small empathic smile as he watched Mingyu getting dragged away, whines filling the hallways as he tried to convince Seokmin about letting him stay. Only when he could no longer hear Mingyu and Seokmin’s bantering did he let out a sigh, shoulders slumped.

With Mingyu no longer out of sight, he slowly gained awareness of what happened between them for the past hour. I just did the exact opposite of what I planned once more. I was supposed to end things between us…before it gets messier. That plan was supposed to make sure that everyone stays safe, and minimum feelings getting trashed upon. Now I just made a promise for something that I don’t even have the confidence in accomplishing. If we were to eventually break up… the situation would become so ugly and we’ll be hurting with anguish. These small little breaks so far have already taken a toll on Mingyu…

 

“Wait…so this guy literally paid for us to move into a better dorm?” Soonyoung raised a brow as the three stood by the counter. The administrator nodded her head for the third time, letting out a silent sigh.

“Soonie…I love you and all but let’s be serious for a moment. Us moving into a better dorm isn’t the point here! What’s with the sudden decision of rearranging the allocated dorms? Are we the only ones affected or everyone is? And if it’s only us, why us?” Seokmin questioned continuously, clearly fumbled. The three of them had been crowding around the counter for half an hour, arguing about the new room arrangements.

“Wait. Isn’t there like a rule for these sort of things? It isn’t the start of the year so I don’t understand why you’re making changes to our dorm arrangements, and this is going against my will. I don’t want to room with a stranger.” There was no way Mingyu was going to go down with some sort of argument.

“Look, I’m just doing my job. If you guys have any questions, go to the school board and bring up your issues there. As for now, just do as you’re told. All the documents are in this envelope. Thank you and have a nice day.” The administrator coldly brushed off Mingyu and Seokmin’s questions, only placing two envelopes on the counter before heading back into the backroom.

“W-What…” Mingyu stared at the now empty counter, mouth ajar.

“The lady’s right. Let’s just go take a look at our new room first before deciding if we want to make any complaints or changes. Gyu…your new roommate is this guy called…Jeon Jungkook.” Soonyoung ripped open the envelopes, his eyes scanning the documents quickly.

“What?! No way…no way…” Mingyu groaned, smacking his forehead with the documents. How did I forget that he was supposed to move in…GREAT.

“Isn’t that your fiancé? Well…I guess if your father was behind all these then there’s nothing we can do about this situation anymore…” Seokmin sighed, rubbing Mingyu’s shoulder. He truly sympathized with Mingyu’s current predicament, but there was truly nothing they could do if Mingyu’s father was the true perpetrator behind their sudden change in the dorm arrangement.

“I hate my life…why did I have to be a Kim…” Mingyu lamented, reluctant to take each step leading to his dorm.

“I’m sure it’s not that bad, Gyu. I mean he moved Minnie and I to one of the most well-furnished buildings when he could have moved you there instead. But no, he was being considerate and decided to move here just so he could live with you because being the pricky little you are, you wouldn’t have moved elsewhere. You’re so lucky…” Soonyoung pressed the code to his soon-to-be old dorm, swinging the door open.

“Well since you think my life is so great, take it. I would gladly live yours with no complaints.” Mingyu narrowed his eyes at the heaps of boxes cluttering their living room. What’s all these…he’s moving in already?! Who gave him the passcode?

“Oh hey there! Sorry! I hope you guys don’t mind my belongings here? I’m Jeon Jungkook, Mingyu’s fiancé. I just wanted to move in as soon as I could because the exams are coming up soon and I didn’t want to delay the process any longer.” Jungkook gave a sheepish smile, rubbing his nape as he came out from the toilet.

“Ah…you’re the nice guy who moved us to the better block huh? Nice to meet-” Soonyoung was about to reach out and give Jungkook a handshake when Mingyu smacked it away.

“Who gave you the permission to move into MY dorm? And who said you were allowed to use underhand arrangements just so YOU can live together with ME? This is clearly an invasion of my privacy whether or not you’re my ing fiancé. I can actually SUE you because we signed a contract with the school regarding the dorms. Just because the stupid administrator was reluctant to entertain me doesn’t mean that I’m letting this incident go just like that.” Mingyu was getting more agitated each passing moment. He wasn’t going to make another mistake and create more misunderstandings behind him and Wonwoo again. There was no way he’s going to be living under the same roof as this guy.

“Calm down, calm down! Mingyu, let’s just go with the arrangements for the time being. We’ll figure something out about those contracts. Besides, he doesn’t seem like the kind to take advantage of you, just stay in your room and avoid contact with him if you’re really reluctant. If he tries anything funny, just call me. We’ll just be a few blocks away. No worries alright?” Seokmin pulls him aside, eyeing Jungkook who seemed taken aback by Mingyu’s sudden lash out.

“You can’t be serious! You’re really leaving me here with him?! Dude! You’re supposed to be on my side!” Mingyu complained, following both Seokmin and Soonyoung into their room. He watched them pack their belongings into their luggage, almost too quickly for his liking.

“Mingyu, be a well-behaved kid okay? Play nice and I’m sure he’ll be nice to you

Please log in to read the full chapter