Stay or Leave?

Ataraxy (HIATUS)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 25- Stay or Leave

“Let’s get to know each other a little more. I’m Jeon Jungkook, your fiancé, I’m turning 20 this year and I’m a Business major. What about you?” Jungkook tried starting a conversation, feeling a little queasy at the tensed suffocating atmosphere in his car. They had been driving towards Mingyu’s house for about 15 minutes, only ¼ of the journey complete. As much as Jungkook tried to present himself with overflowing confidence and smugness, Mingyu’s heightened guards made it difficult to hold a proper conversation. Jungkook figured he had to tone down on his flirty personality in order to break down that wall between them.

“I heard from your father that you’re a Law major? How’s things there?” Jungkook tried once more, eyes still straight on the road ahead. You gotta be kidding me. I got set up with this woodblock? Playing hard to get huh…we’ll see…

“Well, if you’re not going to speak then I guess we’ll just have to spend more time together. We’re not going anywhere further until you tell me more about yourself.” Jungkook swerved the car abruptly, stopping at a road shoulder in the middle of the highway.

“What the actual .” Mingyu cursed, rolling his eyes before laying the deadliest glare he could come up with on Jungkook. It was uncommon for him to curse, but after hanging out with Wonwoo, and also being his boyfriend, Mingyu seemed to have picked up on that. Mingyu was starting to feel guilty for throwing out a profanity, but it bubbled down into boiling anger as he watched a smirk pull the sides of Jungkook’s lip upward.

“Oh. You do speak. For a moment I thought you were a mute and the Kim Mingyu I met in the hallways was a fake.” Jungkook remarked sarcastically, enjoying the obvious hatred and hostility Mingyu seemed to uphold towards him.

 

From: Softie Wonnie

Oh nothing…just wondering.

Work hard.

 

To: Softie Wonnie

I will~

I miss you so much! Like so so so much… (´ヘ`;)

 

From: Softie Wonnie

You’re acting really weirdly today…

Is something wrong?

 

Mingyu’s harsh expressions faltered for a second as the image of his boyfriend came to mind. What was he doing here in this stranger’s car when he could have been shopping for groceries while holding his boyfriend’s warm slender hands? He missed the older terribly, only wanting to be indulged with the care and teasing his boyfriend provided. If only Wonwoo knew where Mingyu was and what he was up to…he wouldn’t be treating him with this much care and love.

“Hey! Are we seriously going to be seated in this ing car the entire day? I’m tired of watching you smile at your phone as if you were on ecstasy. Just moments ago you were glaring at me as if I killed your pet dog.” Jungkook snatched Mingyu’s phone out of his grasp, glancing at the exchange of messages.

“Oh. Who’s this? Your boyfriend?” Jungkook mocked, holding Mingyu’s phone out of the window he just unwounded.

“Give it back you bastard!” Mingyu hissed, desperately clawing at Jungkook’s arm as he tried to reach out for his phone. He might have long limbs, but they were flimsy and not to forget, Mingyu was one of the clumsiest person out there.

“I’ll give it back. On one condition. You play nice and answer my questions.” Jungkook had this smug look on his face, almost as if he knew Mingyu would give in.

“No.” Mingyu folded his arms, staring straight ahead, not bothering to put up a fight against the other anymore. 

“Alright then. I guess I would have to tell your little boyfriend to back off wouldn’t I? Since you’re not cooperating.” Jungkook pressed the home button as Mingyu’s phone came to life once more.

“Now, let’s see…people usually set their birthdays as the passcode…which by the looks of your expressions…it is…” Jungkook chuckled, watching Mingyu’s face contort into one of shock.

“That’s easy. 0-4-0-6. There. Unlocked.” Jungkook smirked, knowing the other would definitely give in this time round. I have an entire file on your profile. You wanna play hard to get with me? Fine. Don’t blame me for making things difficult for you then.

“Stop! What’re you even trying to do?!” Mingyu shrieked, his arms flailing around once more as he tried to retrieve his phone. How does he know my birth date?! I can’t have him telling Wonwoo things…I’m not ready to tell him anything yet. Plus this stupid arranged marriage isn’t even confirmed. We’re living in the ing 21st century for crying out loud! Who still goes through with arranged marriages?!

“Oh nothing. Just trying to claim my property and make sure no other bastards lay their hands on what’s mine.” Jungkook answered nonchalantly as he typed a new message.

 

To: Softie Wonnie

Nothing. Just spending lots of time with my handsome fiancé. (Saved as draft)

 

“Last chance pretty boy. Do as I say, or the send button gets pushed.” Jungkook held down Mingyu’s hands, shoving his phone screen into his face to let the typed out message be read through.

“Don’t you dare! This is a clear invasion of privacy! Firstly, you snatched my phone out of my hands, with no permission and now you’re sending a message to someone too?! I’ll sue your ing disgusting flirty !” Mingyu yelled, his face turning red from exasperation.

“Go ahead. I’ll probably be let off due to lack of evidence. Whereas you, will be in lots of trouble. Your father would be furious if he knows that you’re suing his future son-in-law, and then your little boyfriend would find out that, oh no his boyfriend is engaged to another man. What’s going to happen to you?” Jungkook let out an exaggerated gasp, lifting a brow to tease and dare Mingyu once more. Mingyu could only grit his teeth, silently falling back into his own seat, not wanting any of the stated outcomes to turn out right.

“Good. That’s what I thought as well. So now, tell me how long have you been dating this ‘Wonnie’ guy?” Jungkook asked, resting his head on arm, elbow pivoted on the arm rest near his seat.

“…almost…one month…” Mingyu hesitated, sighing as he resigned to fate. There was no way he could get out of this situation. It was either giving Jungkook what he wanted, or he’ll just burn and die in flames. The first choice sounded more pleasant.

“I see…so you definitely haven’t told him about the arranged marriage. What do you plan to do? Break up with him? Need my help?” Jungkook asked as if it were the most common solution for Mingyu.

“There’s no way I’m breaking up with him because of you. I’m not going through with this demented idea of having an arranged marriage.” Mingyu retorted immediately.

“Seems like you aren’t clear of the situation. Doesn’t matter. I don’t want to tell you everything. That wouldn’t be fun, right?” Jungkook turned Mingyu’s head to face him with his finger, closing the gap between them.

“Are you done with your stupid questions? Give my phone back!” Mingyu jerked his head backwards, glaring at Jungkook.

“You won’t be speaking to me like this once you’re at my mercy…” Jungkook spat, throwing Mingyu’s phone at his direction randomly, causing it to land on the ground with a thud.

“……wait till I tell Wonnie about you. He’ll beat you into a pulp…” Mingyu whispered to himself, rubbing hard at his phone screen before making sure there weren’t any scratches of dents on it.

“Go ahead and tell him. I’ll bet 10,000 dollars he dumps your sorry instead of beating me up…” Jungkook mumbled under his breath, giving his response of Mingyu’s previous whisper. Knowing he was right, Mingyu didn’t bother responding further, typing in his passcode to unlock the screen. He deleted the foul message as soon as possible, hands hovering over the keyboard as he thought of an excuse.

 

To: Softie Wonnie

Nothing’s wrong…

Just wanted to spend all my time with you. Not these stupid projects.

 

Mingyu curled up in his seat, staring out of the windows at the blurred greenery with his head resting against the windowsill. No words had been exchanged between him and Jungkook, only the soft music playing from the radio. A familiar tune and  lyrics that spoke to his heart drew his attention.

Baby don’t cry tonight. After the darkness passes. Baby don’t cry tonight. None of this will have happened. It’s not you who will, become short-lived. So baby don’t cry cry, because my love will protect you.

 

That’s the song he sang to comfort me the other time…Wonnie still sings it better than the original. A limp smile graced Mingyu’s face, the times he spent with Wonwoo coming into mind. The silence in the car was broken when Jungkook started singing along, resulting in Mingyu feel

Please log in to read the full chapter