Odd Feelings

Ataraxy (HIATUS)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 2- Odd Feelings

“Urgh…SEOKMIN! WATER!” Mingyu groaned, rolling to his side. His head felt like it was about to fall apart. He hated alcohol. He hated parties. The aftereffects made him regret every single choice he made.

“Shut up…it’s too early.” Wonwoo groaned, smacking the person next to him, thinking that it was Hansol. It totally slipped his mind that Hansol was crashing outside in the living room.

“W-what…” Mingyu groaned, sitting up holding his head firmly. He cracked open an eye, scanning his surroundings. Books, clothes scattered all around the room, a stand fan in the corner which looked like it was falling apart. If this was his room, a tornado must have hit them in the middle of the night. As he turned his head to the side, he saw long limbs sticking out of the sheets. No. That definitely wasn’t his room.

“! Who are you?! Where the hell am I?!” Mingyu started to thrash around in bed, as he looked down at his clothes. Not his. He certainly didn’t own a pair of jersey, nor a pair of Spongebob pyjamas.

“What the Hansol?!” Wonwoo had enough. First of all, his party night didn’t go as expected. Secondly, it was too early for him to be up. As he was about to turn and smack “Hansol” in the face, he realized. That isn’t Hansol. Oh. I forgot that I brought this kid home. .

“E-erm…wait. Let me expla-” The sound of a slap resounded in the room. . I knew this would happen. First I got slapped by his friend yesterday night. Now a slap to start the day. So much for trying to be a nice person.

“You ing ert. What the did you do to me yesterday?!” Mingyu shouted. The noise they were making in the room was enough to make Hansol rush in.

“Hyung! Try to lower your voice! I haven’t told granny Jeon bout your friend staying here.” Hansol hushed, placing a finger over his lips, eyebrows clenched together.

“I’m done here. Can’t believe I got slapped for trying to help…” Wonwoo rolled his eyes, getting out of his room, leaving Mingyu feeling confused and Hansol just staring at the other.

“W-who are you…?” Mingyu asked, backing towards the wall. He just kept staring at Hansol with suspicious looks.

“Erm…my name is Choi Hansol. But you can call me Hansol. You?” Hansol introduced himself, bowing slightly.

“K-Kim Mingyu…what am I doing here? I don’t even know you guys?” Mingyu said, before he felt his headache come back again. He winced in pain, his head falling back into the pillows.

“Wait up. I’ll go get you some ad-” Hansol was about to race out of the room when Wonwoo peeked back in with some Advil and water.

“Give it to the . My ing face is swollen as heck…” Wonwoo grumbled going back out to the kitchen to get an ice pack. Yeah. He got smacked in the same place and it was swelling a little.

“Here. It’ll help with your headache…it always does work for Wonwoo hyung.” Hansol said, passing the pills and water over to Mingyu who accepted it gratefully.

“Oh yeah…I kind of changed you last night…sorry about the pyjamas pants though…we haven’t been doing laundry lately…and it was the only clean pants I could find.” Hansol grinned apologetically, rubbing the back of his neck.

“A-ah…it was you? But you could have left me in my own clothes though…” Mingyu blushed a little.

“You kind of…barfed all over Wonwoo hyung and yourself…it would to sleep in those dirty clothes…and our bed…” Hansol explained. Oh …they were just helping me…and I smacked the other guy in his face. Damn it…Kim Mingyu… Mingyu winced internally. He just made things bad.

“Oh yeah…do you want to get some breakfast? Before going for class.” Hansol offered when he heard Mingyu’s stomach growl.

“Hehe…yeah thanks…” Mingyu gave a small smile before getting up, exiting the room for the first time. His eyes scanned around the house, realizing it was a really small one. It was only half the size of his dorm. He couldn’t believe the house could actually hold 3 people.

“Granny Jeon~ Do we have enough food for 4 people this morning?” Hansol asked as he stepped into the kitchen. Mingyu looked down at his clothes, straightening them properly.

“Uhhh…it should be enough. Why? Did Chan drop by after I woke up?” Granny Jeon asked, stepping out of the kitchen. Her eyes widened as she scanned the tall lanky boy before her.

“Yah! Hansol-ah! Did Chan get some plastic surgery done? And did he finally hit his growth spurt?” Granny Jeon asked, putting down some pancakes on their small dining table, eyes not leaving Mingyu.

“H-huh? That’s not Chan granny!” Hansol answered as he came out of the kitchen.

“Then who is it?” Granny Jeon asked.

“Ah. His name is Kim Mingyu. That’s all I know. Wonwoo hyung brought him home yesterday.” Hansol explained.

“Yah. Jeon Wonwoo. Get out of the kitchen this instant. Explain you brat.” Granny Jeon called out, sitting at the dining table with one leg folded.

“Your highness…it’s so early in the morning. What do you need?” Wonwoo walked out of the kitchen with an annoyed look, ice pack held close to his cheek. He took a seat next to her and Hansol pulled Mingyu along to the dining table. It was awkward.

“Jeon Wonwoo. Did you get into a fight?! You told me it stopped after high school! How dare you lie to me!” Granny Jeon chided, pressing the ice pack, making Wonwoo groan in pain.

“AH!!! STOP! IT HURTS!” Wonwoo groaned, moving away from his grandma. Mingyu chuckled at the sight before him. He liked how granny Jeon, Wonwoo and Hansol seemed so close. They could talk to each other like friends, but somehow there’s still that line of respect the youngers had for the elder. It made him feel a pinch. He hadn’t seen his family for quite a few months now. The last time he went home, he left within days after getting into a quarrel with his father.

“Hyung you better explain yourself before granny go gets her broom.” Hansol laughed.

“Aish…this bruise your DEAR GRANDSON got here. I got it because I got smacked at the party yesterday. And this morning again.” Wonwoo mumbled. The three continued staring at him, expecting him to continue.

“I didn’t even get to finish my shots. God damn kid here snatched it out of my hand and he out on me.” Wonwoo threw Mingyu a glare, to which the younger looked away, guilty. It sounded quite like him.

“No wonder you were so different when you came home compared to the other party nights…” Hansol mumbled, earning a smack across his head from Wonwoo. Mingyu chuckled once more at this, but covered his mouth and looked away when Wonwoo turned his head and gave him a sharp look.

“GRANNY!” Hansol cried, crawling over to the other side of the dining table to hide from Wonwoo.

“Stop it Jeon Wonwoo! Be a little serious will you!” Granny Jeon chided, siding Hansol. Wonwoo’s mouth dropped agape, not believing how his grandma just chose Hansol over him.

“…am I really your grandson? I can’t believe it…” Wonwoo shook his head, shuffing pancakes into his mouth.

“Ahhh…such a windbag. Just get on with your story already! You’ll be late for classes at this rate.” Hansol jeered from the side.

“To CUT things SHORT, his friends were too drunk to even take care of him. And so Seungcheol hyung volunteered me. They practically drove me home and I had to lug this god damn long limbed kid up the walkway. And he ing threw up all over me. Like it even got into my hair! It still smells like vomit I’m telling you guys…And this morning when he got up, he called me a ing ert, smacking me in my face. I swear to god. I’m going to sue you for assault.” Wonwoo hissed.

“Wow…Hyung! Since when did you care so much for a stranger? You don’t even bring Seungcheol hyung and the rest home. Remember that one time Jun hyung got beaten up so badly in high school from the gang fight? You didn’t even let him step foot into our house, making him sit on the walkway. Ah. Was it because…this one is hotter and you like him?” Hansol questioned, shooting a mischievous look at Wonwoo. Mingyu choked on his pancakes, face turning a shade of dark red.

“Oops…but someone isn’t talking…so it’s because he's hot?” Hansol teased.

“Oops. Busted.” Wonwoo smirked, laughing at Mingyu who choked once more, this time on his own saliva.

“Don’t curse Jeon Wonwoo! What have I taught you!” Granny Jeon nagged.

“GRANDMA! I said busted, b u s t e d. Not bastard as in b a s t a r d. Jesus…” Wonwoo grumbled, eliciting laughter from both his grandma and Hansol.

 

Mingyu sat on Wonwoo and Hansol’s shared bed, going through the messages on his phone. There were apologies from Seokmin, explaining why he ended up going home with a stranger. Then there were scoldings that came from Jeonghan

Please log in to read the full chapter