Beach Outing

Ataraxy (HIATUS)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 14- Beach Outing

“M-My mum…abandoned me when I was…2…” Wonwoo bit his lower lip, eyes cast down. It was almost like talking about something so serious made him sober. His incessant mutters became properly structured sentences. Was he really drunk in the first place? Or was he only pretending to?

“Oh…I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to…” Mingyu apologized incessantly, and only stopped when Wonwoo scoffed.

“It was because my dad was cheating on her…so when mum decided to end things…he left me with granny…and moved to America…” Wonwoo continued.

“W-what…?! Why didn’t one of them bring you-” Mingyu tried coming up with something to calm Wonwoo down, but the older was not backing down.

“My mum probably knew there was something wrong with me…I was nothing more than a ing burden that ties everyone down…right choice to leave. Dad never wanted me in the first place.” Wonwoo laughed emptily, but Mingyu could see how hurt he was. If there was anything that gave Wonwoo away, it was his eyes.

“I’m sure she just felt upset…about your dad. She must still love you…” Mingyu comforted, but it wasn’t working.

“You don’t know a thing…s-she…didn’t even visit me…not even once…” Wonwoo sighed, letting his emotions take control. He closed his eyes tight as he felt tears making their way down his cheeks.

“Hey…it’s okay to cry…you’re not a robot. It’s fine to show your emotions.” Mingyu whispered as he inched closer to Wonwoo, wiping a tear away.

“Am I so…annoying and irritable? Why do both my parents not want me…?” Wonwoo sobbed.

“Don’t say such things…I’m sure your mother loves you…it was probably a rash decision…” Mingyu said, brushing Wonwoo’s bangs away from his forehead.

“I only have pictures of her…and when I was in middle school…all the kids laughed at me…for not having any parent…only granny and grandpa…it hurts so much…I wanted my mother or at least my father so much…” Wonwoo cried as Mingyu pulled him in for a hug.

“Well…on the bright side…at least you grew up as a strong child. And you have Hansol, Chan, granny and everyone else…” Mingyu consoled, rubbing Wonwoo’s back.

“…y-yeah…and now you…” Wonwoo whispered, his eyes closing slowly as he drifted off to dreamland.

“Yeah…and me…” Mingyu said, every word lingering as he stared at Wonwoo sleeping comfortably in his arms, a bright smile plastered on his face.

“Gyu? Can we talk?” Soonyoung peeked his head through the door, making Mingyu jump a little.

“Yeah…coming…” Mingyu whispered as he got out of bed, tucking Wonwoo into the blankets. Sleep tight… Mingyu took one last glance before slipping out of his room.

“What is it hyung?” Mingyu asked, making his way to the sofa where Soonyoung was scrolling through his phone.

“It’s just…Soonyoung hardly gets drunk…and he was blabbering lots of things…at the pub. And he kept mentioning you…” Soonyoung scratched his head, looking at Mingyu sideways.

“…I guess I owe him an apology huh…” Mingyu sighed, ruffling his hair.

“What happened?” Soonyoung asked, concerned about his boyfriend being upset. It was rare for Seokmin to get angry or sad, and it was even rarer for him to get drunk.

“I kind of…blasted off at him before going separate ways this afternoon…” Mingyu felt sorry. He didn’t mean to, feeling guilty for his actions.

“Was it about…the new crush?” Soonyoung asked.

“Uhhh…yeah…” Mingyu hesitated. Is it safe to tell Soonyoung hyung? But he’s friends with Jun hyung…who thinks that Wonwoo hyung doesn’t like me…

“Yeah it’s safe to tell me…I promise not to tell another person…not even Seokmin.” Soonyoung said, patting Mingyu’s shoulder. W-What…? Did I just say that out loud or did he read my mind?! Mingyu was bewildered.

“That thinking face of yours…you didn’t even have to say anything.” Soonyoung laughed.

“Well…yeah…the new crush…” Mingyu sighed.

“He’s not real is he?” Soonyoung questioned, tilting his head to rest on the sofa.

“W-Wha-How even?!” Mingyu backed away to the other side of the sofa.

“Come on…Mingyu…A person can’t possibly fall out of love so quickly.” Soonyoung chuckled at the younger’s reaction.

“W-What love?! I didn’t say that I love him! It’s just a stupid god damn crush.” Mingyu groaned.

“Okay okay chill little boy. Not love for now. But soon. That’s how everything starts.” Soonyoung smirks.

“Hyung! I’m telling you I’ll get over this crush sooner or later!” Mingyu crossed his arms, getting defensive.

“All right all right. About Seokmin…” Soonyoung raised a brow.

“Oh yeah….urgh…how do I apologize…” Mingyu groaned once more, rubbing his face in annoyance.

“Well…just say sorry and buy him chocolates or some sort…he’ll get over it soon.” Soonyoung advised, patting the younger’s shoulder.

“Yeah…that’s all you wanted to talk about?” Mingyu asked.

“Oh I nearly forgot! Jun has planned a beach outing for tomorrow! And we’re invited!” Soonyoung said, nearly shouting.

“Ssh! You do know that Seokmin and Wonwoo hyung are sleeping right?” Mingyu chided, covering Soonyoung’s mouth with his hand.

“Right…hehe sorry. Anyways he says to meet at the beach…” Soonyoung told Mingyu the rest of the details before they both retreated back to their individual rooms.

 

“Mingyu-ah! Wonwoo-ah! Get up! It’s time to go to the beach!” Soonyoung shouted, leaving Mingyu’s door wide open. He was blasting songs through the speakers and he was running around the dorm, singing his lungs out. Yup. He was more than excited for their trip to the beach.

“Let’s go to the beach each~ Let’s go get a wave!” Soonyoung shouted as he managed to pull a badly hungover Seokmin out of bed.

“Urgh…ing hell…what’s this loud ruckus…” Wonwoo groaned, rubbing his temple. As he opened his eyes groggily, he couldn’t stop staring at Mingyu. The younger seemed to be in deep sleep, his mouth slightly open, and drool evidently dropping down his jaw. It was gross but Wonwoo didn’t look away. He had no plans of looking away but a cough interrupted him.

“Great! You’re awake! Help me to get Mingyu up thanks! We’re leaving in…half an hour’s time!” Soonyoung grinned. Wonwoo spent a few minutes lying on the bed, trying to recall the events from the previous night to his best ability. Well…I remember them dragging Seokmin back here…and then…oh …he’s coming to visit. Oh Jesus Christ…I was supposed to forget that. And then…I drank…oh yeah that was a hell load of alcohol…and…I remember…talking to Mingyu? What was it about again?

“Hey! Soonyoung said something about leaving in half an hour. Wake up!” Wonwoo said, hitting Mingyu’s shoulder, trying to wake the younger.

“Mmm…5 more minutes…” Mingyu mumbled, snuggling further into the sheets as he slipped an arm around Wonwoo’s waist, burying his face into the older’s chest. Mingyu didn’t fall asleep until it was 3am.

“W-what the h-heck…” Wonwoo stuttered, trying to pry Mingyu’s hands off himself. The younger let out a whine before rubbing his eyes and Wonwoo couldn’t help but laugh upon the sight of his expressions. The moment Mingyu opened his eyes and the fact that he had been hugging Wonwoo while sleeping registered in his mind, his eyes widened and he started moving backwards before eventually falling off the bed.

“I’m glad you had a great time hugging me to sleep?” Wonwoo teased as he watched Mingyu’s ears and cheeks burn up slowly. The younger backed away, running off to the toilet and bumped into wall.

“F-…” Mingyu hissed, rubbing his forehead. Aish…why Kim Mingyu why?! Why did you have to hug him while sleeping? Now he’s probably going to think that you’re a freak! ing weirdo! Mingyu chided himself as he hit himself gently on his cheeks.

“Make way. We gotta share the bathroom. Soonyoung says we’re late.” Wonwoo announced as he barged into the toilet, wetting his toothbrush he brought along, putting toothpaste on top. He started brushing his teeth and he turned to his head to look at Mingyu who was just staring at him dumbfounded, mouth agape.

“Darling I know I look hot, but we need to move fast. Jun doesn’t like it when people are late.” Wonwoo said, winking at Mingyu. He shoved the toothbrush in Mingyu’s hand into the younger’s mouth, making some effort to help. Oh god…the flirty Wonwoo is back… Mingyu brushed his teeth, as he looked into the mirror.

“You need to stop being so clumsy…” Wonwoo chuckled, looking at Mingyu.

“H-huh?” Mingyu raised a brow.

“This.” Wonwoo said, pressing a finger on the newly formed bruise on Mingyu’s forehead to which the younger hissed. Wonwoo shook his head in disbelief, finishing up in the toilet before returning back to Mingyu’s room for a change of clothes. He had a rough idea of where they were going when Soonyoung reminded him to bring an extra pair of clothes. Knowing Jun, it had to be the beach. The other was that predictable. When he was done, he went searching for the first aid kit for some cream.

 

“It’s useless being good looking when you can’t stop being clumsy…what if you end up hurting yourself real bad one day? There’ll be scars everywhere…” Wonwoo nagged as he applied the cream on Mingyu’s forehead. He applied more pressure towards the end, earning a groan from the younger.

“Ahhhh! It hurts! How can you treat me like that? I took care of you when you were drunk…” Mingyu cried, pouting towards the end.

“Makes it hard to believe…Try telling a stranger that…they wouldn’t buy your story. You’re like a kid…who

Please log in to read the full chapter