On my own...

Loving You Equals Death

 

 

 

Taemin’s POV :

 

I just stood there not able to move an inch , she was there … she was slowly dying . Her skin was pale , her eyes underlined by dark circles, her lips chapped. She looked like a living cadaver, just seeing her like that was killing me slowly.

“ Hana “ I mumbled taking little steps toward the bed . No matter how hard I tried to stop the tears , in the end I was crying with all my heart. The person that I love was standing right in front of me dying and I was not able to do a thing .

 

“ Taemin “ she called me again before throwing herself right in my arms . The familiar feeling of her small body pressing against mine , the sweet feeling of her hair brushing against my face , she was once again in my embrace . I was not able to say anything , just hugging her tightly while endlessly crying in her arms.

 

The good moment didn’t last long as she started coughing blood , she yelped in pain and grabbed her chest with both hands . Her entire body was shaking while the streams of blood slid down her jaw. Quickly embracing her, I lifted her body bridal style and headed to the door, before I could exit the room I saw Key standing right in front of me . His eyes were wide open while tears started forming .

“ What the hell are you doing , call the doctor “ he yelled.

“ Listen to me , the doctor won’t do a thing … she’s dying I have to take her to the graveyard “  I said carrying her out the room . Hana was loosing conscious from all the blood lost , she was dying in my arms .

 

“ Are you insane ? Why the graveyard? “ he asked but I didn’t answer once I saw that there were no nurses around I went out the hospital still carrying Hana in my arms . Key followed still trying to take her away from me.

“ I know what I’m doing , it’s beyond everything that you could imagine . I’ll explain later now I need to take her to the graveyard “ I cried while walking as fast as I could , now every second was important .

“ Fine , just come into my car “ he said leading me to the car parked in front of the hospital .

 

The way to the graveyard was long , or I thought that way . I was sitting in the backseat with Hana , she never stopped coughing blood which worried me even more . Suddenly the car stopped and I looked around to see if we had reached our destination .

“ What happened ? “ I asked once I saw that we’re not there yet .

“ Something happened with the car “ Key angrily said looking back to check if Hana was feeling well . Something really caught my attention. It was the spirit of Soo Jin . She was walking somewhere in the forest , something told me that I have to follow her .

 

“ Wait , where are you going ? “ Key asked once I took Hana out the car , she wrapped her hands around my neck while resting her head on my chest causing my shirt to get all bloody , but that doesn’t matter now .

“ Stay here “ I ordered before walking in the forest with Hana in my arms . I heard Key yelling from behind but I appreciated that he never followed , guess he had no other chouse but to listen to me for once in his life .

 

~~~

 

It was dark , everything was dark . Hana’s small body was shaking while she silently cried from pain . I was  filled with thoughts how to save her life that I never noticed that I was already in front of Soo Jin’s grave.

 

I fell on my knees while still holding my flower in my arms , the tears from my eyes fell on her pale face making her blink several times . Her gaze turned to the gravestone where Soo Jin’s spirit was sitting , she smiled lightly before looking at me again.

“ Taemin-ah “ she mumbled raising her hand to touch my face , her palm brushed against my cheek “ Live for both of us okay , I give you my life to be happy again “

“ NO , I won’t let you die . If you die I’ll die with you “ crying I looked up at Soo Jin . Her face was expressionless , so cold …

 

“ Please , don’t waist my sacrifice … please Taemin live on … for me … for our love “ she smiled crying.

“ No you have to live “ I slowly kissed her forehead inhaling her sweet scent “ I need you in my life Hana “

“ Taemin-ah “ she whispered while her hand slipped from my face before hitting the cold ground .

 

I stood there yelling , while she closed her eyes slowly … the smile on her face never faded away .

“ HANA !!! “ I cried hugging her tightly , the rhythmic sound of her heartbeat slowly faded away before I couldn’t  hear it anymore “ Open your eyes … please don’t leave me alone “ I begged caressing her cheek but she never responded . Her soul was leaving her body I could feel it with my heart , she was leaving me … she was dying in my arms.

 

 

My gaze turned to the girl sitting on the gravestone , my vision was bleary from all the tears .

“ Please don’t take her away from me “ I begged still hugging Hana’s lifeless body “ Please take my soul but bring her back to the world … she deserves to be happy even without me “

Soo Jin smiled lovingly and came toward me , her palm brushed against my skin before she kneeled down to take Hana’s hand .

“ This is the curse Taemin , now you’re completely free from my control “ she stopped for a second to examine my face “ This is the last time we see each other , now I’m free as well “

 

My fist clenched from anger , everything in me was falling apart . I never wanted to take her life away , the only wish I had was to be with her forever .

“ Just take me instead of her … Soo Jin I love her “ a single tear escaped from her doll like eyes before she smiled again .

“ I loved you too Taemin but you played with my heart , I never intended to harm her “

 

“ Then bring her back to life , I know that I played with you and I’m really sorry … but I really love her I can’t live in a world where Hana is not there . I’ll give everything just to bring her back to life … please Soo Jin I beg you , don’t take her away from me “ my voice was shaking while desperately trying to wake my love again … to wake Hana from her everlasting dream that she had fallen into .

 

“ You don’t understand ! “ she suddenly yelled which made me widen my eyes “ I loved you as well but you never listened to me , why should I help you know ? Why should I listen to your words ? “ Soo Jin cried before turning her back at me .

“ Because I’m willing to give my life for the person that I love , you were the same back then right ? I killed my father and my little sister that I loved so much , now I killed Hana … “ I stopped for a second to look at Hana’s pale face “ I killed so many people just because of the curse … I’m a monster and that won’t change , but I deserve to be happy with the one I love , just because I sacrificed so much “ I once again hugged the lifeless body of the girl in my arms . She was gone , her heart was not beating anymore … her body was getting colder with every second …Hana was dead !

 

 

It was dark , it was cold … just like my heart now . The light and the wanting to live was gone along with Hana’s last breath.

 

“ If you want her back , I have to take something in return “ I looked up at Soo Jin , she was sitting right on the gravestone waiting for my respond .

“ Yes , I’ll give everything even my life … just bring her back “ I begged once again not having strength to cry again. Soo Jin raised her hand and pointed at Hana

“ Her memories , I’ll take the memories of you … “ She stopped for a second “ I’ll turn back time from the day she met you in that alley. She will never know you , if you try to tell her everything she’ll die … do you understand ? You have to live without her , you’ll be able to see her but not being able to tell her how much you missed her … and how you love her “ I listened carefully to every word Soo Jin said , I swallowed hard and pecked Hana’s lips before embracing her small body .

 

I just thought of how life would be without Hana by my side , that I’ll be able to see her but not able to tell her how much I love her .

“ I agree “ was all I could say , at least I’ll know that she’s happy with the life she was destined to live , a place where I was forbidden to be … a place where Hana and Me never existed … a life where I never existed .

 

 

~~~~

 

I woke up in a room where I had been before … I woke up in the living room of my house . I wondered how I ended up here but one thing was for sure … Soo Jin fulfilled my wish . I looked out the house and it was not in the same place that it used to be … I was living in the town away from the forest .

 

My gaze traveled around before the little bell on the front door rang , I was surprised to see a boy standing right in front of me . He gave me a smile before entering the house not giving me a chance to say a word.

“ Excuse me , but who are you ? “ I asked following the boy who went to the living room before taking a seat on the couch .

“ Yah ! Taemin don’t play with me  … we’ll be late for school again “ the boy said before looking at me with his dark eyes . It will sound funny but the boy looked just like me … but at the same time so different .

“ Umh , really I don’t know you “ I honestly said going next to the couch .

“ Fine , fine … I’ll play your game and introduce myself “ he pouted and got up from the couch while raising his hand for a handshake “ I’m Kim Jong In , your best friend . Now can we go to school ? “ I shook his hand before nodding lightly . So I have a best friend ? Guess it’s another new beginning.

 

Once we went out the house I never stopped thinking about Hana and if she’s alive , the urge to see her face again was stronger than even . Unconsciously my body was pulling me toward her house . I wanted to see her beautiful face , her smile .

“ Hey Taemin , the school is the other way ! Where the hell are you going ? “ the boy shouted at me but I never stopped walking until I reached my destination.

 

I stopped right across the street where I could clearly see her house . A tall guy came out of the house , someone that I had seen before … He was one of Key’s friends . Just then I saw someone running after him.

“ Yah , Minho wait for me “ the same voice that I wanted to hear once again echoed in my ears . My eyes were watering from the sight of Hana all smiling and happily running around . She playfully hit that Minho guy’s shoulder.

“ Yah don’t hit me … “ he groaned rubbing her head lightly.

 

I was so mesmerized from her beautiful face that I never noticed that they were coming toward my direction. They passed by me while Hana’s gaze met mine , she smiled lightly before walking away .

 

Suddenly the sharp pain in my chest came and I tried so hard not to cry , she completely forgot about me … now I had no chance to be happy with her . I watched her back as she walked away from me , the love of my life is now happy without me by her side.

“ Come on Taemin “ Jong In whined dragging me away .

 

In the end I was in completely different school from where I used to study with Hana , Soo Jin’s plan to make me suffer succeeded . Now I was going to watch Hana from afar , she was no longer mine …. I was completely forgotten …alone as I used to be before I met her . 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Late update again … sorry for that Y_Y

And also the chapter was so lame … :x but I had no idea what to write down …in the end I hope you all like it ^^ ~

Thanks to the people that commented :))