Chapter 10

From haters to lovers

The alarm clock rings...

Both Daesung and Seungri woke up due to the loud noise that the alarm made. They couldn't sleep once they woke up so they just get up from the bed and went to brush their teeth.

After that Daesung went to take a bath since he still have school. As for Seungri, he went to the living room first and found Daesung's mom and dad sitting at the dining table eating their breakfast.

"Morning Aunty Kang and Uncle Kang."

"Oh good morning to you too RiRi," said Daesung's mom.

"Good morning too Ri-ah, long time no see. You have grown into such a big boy now..omo why do you have a bandage on your head? Are you okay?" said Daesung's dad.

"I'm okay Uncle Kang, it has been so long, you look more handsome as you grow older."

"Such a sweet mouth you have Ri-ah. Come here, let's have breakfast together. Where is Daesung by the way?"

"Hyung is still taking a bath." Seungri said as he walk towards the dining table to have the pancakes Daesung's mom has prepared.

"Eomma, appa good morning." Daesung said when he came down from his room.

"Good morning DaeDae."

"Good morning my dear son, come sit beside Seungri and have breakfast with us together."

"Okay appa." 

During the meal, all of them were just talking about life.

"Aunty Kang, don't you have work today?"

"Nope, Aunty Kang is having an offday today, only your Uncle Kang have work."

"Oh, then Aunty Kang can you teach me how to cook if you have nothing to do later?"

The other three were shocked that Seungri wanted to learn how to cook as he normally doesn't have to cook for himself.

"Oh RiRi, why do you want to learn how to cook?"

"Because I can't cook and actually if I know how to cook, I can also prepare a meal for myself or for eomma and appa if they are tired after work."

"Ahh that's good, alright Aunty Kang can teach you later, I guess your parents will be proud of you if you know how to cook." Daesung's mom told Seungri and Seungri nodded to agree with her.

"Okay thanks Aunty Kang."

"You're welcome Ri-ah."

After eating, Daesung and his dad left the house so only Daesung's mom and Seungri were left in the house now. Daesung's mom is washing the dishes while Seungri is helping her to dry the plates and cups.

"RiRi, what dishes do you want Aunty Kang to teach you to cook?" Daesung's mom ask after she finish washing the dishes.

"Hmm anything is fine, if possible maybe Aunty Kang can teach me every dishes you know hahah."

"Sure~ Looks like we have to buy many ingredients later hahah."

"Hahah we should, but Aunty Kang, where should we buy all the ingredients?"

"The supermarket or the market might have many ingredients so maybe we should go later, but you must follow me okay so that I can teach you things like looking for a fresh fish or fruits."

"Okay Aunty Kang~"

"We shall go to the nearby market or supermarket around 7.30am, is that alright?"

"Yep Aunty Kang, then I shall do my stuff first." Seungri said as he go upstair to where Daesung's room was.

Seungri check the time and it is just 5.45am. He decided to take a bath first, after bathing he change into the clothes he took out from his bag.

After changing, Seungri lay down on Daesung's bed and check the time again, but it's just 6am so Seungri decided to close his eyes for a while. 

It is already 7.25am when he woke up from his nap so he went downstairs, and saw Daesung's mom sitting on the sofa looking at a magazine.

"Aunty Kang, shall we go to the supermarket or market now?"

"Oh RiRi, you're here, okay let's go."

"Okay."

Both of them then left the house and drove to the supermarket.

When they reached, Seungtri went to grab a basket first while Daesung's mom try to find ingredients of a dish that is easy for Seungri to cook.

After that both of them walk around to look for the ingredients. Along the way, Daesung's mom told Seungri to always check for the expiry date and not buy fruits that does not look nice such as having pokes or something, and Seungri take note of everything that she say.

They went to the cashier after buying all the ingredients they need. Seungri wanted to pay, but Daesung's mom insist to pay instead, hence Seungri has no choice.

After paying, Seungri help to carry most of the plastic bags as they walk back towards where the car was parked. He then put all the groceries at the back seat before going to sit at the front. He thanked Daesung's mom again before she starts the car.

When they reach home, it was already 10am. Daesung's mom decided to teach Seungri to cook now so she went to find aprons and pass one to Seungri. After that they brought all the ingredients to place it on the table.

Daesung's mom told Seungri that she will only be teaching once, after that he will have to try it himself and Seungri agree. Before Daesung's mom start to cook, Seungri went to grab a notebook and a pen to take notes of the recipes.

When Daesung's mom is cooking, Seungri is listening attentively and taking note of everything that Daesung's mom says while cooking.

After Daesung's mom is done, they wait for it to cool down before trying.

"Omo Aunty Kang, this is so delicious."

"Thanks for your compliment. It will be your turn to cook now RiRi-ah."

"Okay Aunty Kang." Seungri says as he take a deep breathe.

This is the first time Seungri tries to cook with a recipe, hence he hope it will turn out alright.

After he cooked it, they let it cool down again before tasting. 

"Aeugh it's too salty."

"Yes, you have added too much salt just now but it's okay, try again."

"Okay."

Seungri try to cook for the second time, following the recipe closely. The same procedure happen again but this time, the dish taste better.

"Not bad RiRi, this is delicious, you are doing good."

"I feel so too hehe, thank you for teaching me Aunty Kang."

"You're welcome, now we shall try cooking another dish alright."

"Yes yes."

Daesung's mom cook another dish and Seungri take notes again. After tasting Daesung's mom dish, it is Seungri's turn to cook it.

This time, Seungri can cook it perfectly in one try.

Hence after cooking and of course eating all the things they cooked, Daesung's mom went upstairs and find many cooking recipe magazines before passing it to Seungri.

"RiRi-ah, Aunty Kang feel that you can cook once you look at the recipe..so since I hadn't been using these cooking recipe magazines for a long time, I shall give it to you."

"Really Aunty Kang?"

"Yes RiRi."

"Thank you Aunty Kang."

"You're welcome~ Now go and do your things, Aunty Kang will pack up the things here in the kitchen."

"Let me help you Aunty Kang."

"It's okay, Aunty Kang can manage, now go rest."

"Okay Aunty Kang if you insist. Thank you again hehe."

"You're welcome."

Seungri then went upstairs to Daesung's room to take a bath. When he came out of the bathroom, Daesung is already home as he is laying down on the sofa using his phone.

"Daesung hyung~"

"Oh hi Ri."

"You just came home?"

"Yep, school is so tiring I swear."

"Aww Daesung hyung, anyway Aunty Kang taught me to cook today and she said i'm doing great hehe."

"Really? Cook for me next time then RiRi, I will look forward to your cooking."

"Sure hyung."

Then Daesung went into the bathroom to take a bath. After he came out, he saw Seungri using his phone on the bed.

"Ri-ah, are you just going to spend your day looking at your phone?"

"No hyung why?"

"I'm going out on a date with hyunnie today."

"Really hyung? That's good."

"How about you maknae?"

"Hmm maybe i'm going home for a while to do my things and come back here by evening."

"Oh, then Ri-ah take care, hyung will leave now."

'Okay bye hyung, have a nice date haha."

"Bye~"

30 minutes after Daesung left, Seungri decided to go back home to get the clothes he borrowed from Jiyong to check if it is already dry.

After reaching his house, he open the door with his keys and lock the door after he went in. Then he went to the place where he left Jiyong's clothes to dry.

Seungri touch the clothes, and it's already dried so he decided to bring it back to Jiyong's house since he have nothing to do this afternoon as well.

Luckily he brought his wallet with him so he just took a taxi to Jiyong house. When he reached, he went into the elevator and press the floor Jiyong lives on.

He took out his wallet to get the door access card when he reach Jiyong's doorstep. He then tap it across the scanner to allow the door to open.

When he enter the house, he did not saw Jiyong. He felt kinda disappointed so he try to search in the rooms whether if he is inside. The guest rooms..nope, closet..nope, kitchen..nope, last his room...

Seungri pull the door handle down and he didn't find Jiyong in the room either, but there is sound coming from the bathroom so Seungri decided to wait for Jiyong.

He thought that Jiyong might have already gotten dressed in the bathroom, however not to his expectation, it was indeedJiyong, who just came out of the bathroom, but only with a towel on his waist.

When Seungri saw it, he blushes and his face turn so red so he quickly turn around.

"Oh Seungri, why are you here? And why are you blushing and turning around?" Jiyong ask before remembering that he only have a towel on him.

"oops my bad,sorry!! Give me a minute, I will get dressed now, wait in the living room first."

Seungri quickly nodded while still blushing.

A few minutes later, Jiyong came out of the closet room feeling embarrassed while Seungri is just sitting on the sofa, still blushing.

"Sorry.."

"It's okay."

"Oh yeah, what makes you here?"

"Oh, i'm here to return the clothes I borrowed from you."

"Ah you actually didn't have to."

"Oh no hyung, how could I not hahah."

"Then I guess I'll just take the clothes back. Thanks maknae-ah."

"You're welcome hyung. Thanks for borrowing me your clothes too."

"Ah it's nothing." Jiyong smiled, showing his gummy smile.

After that they both knew that they doesn't have anything to do, so they just decided to chat.

Without them knowing, it was already 6pm.

Seungri still remember the recipe on how to cook the dish, so he decided to cook for Jiyong.

"Jiyongie hyung, since it's dinner time now, can I cook for both of us?"

"Sure, maybe the ingredients you need are in the cabinet."

"Okay thanks hyung."

When Seungri enter the kitchen, he is glad that the ingredients that he need, Jiyong's house also have it.

So he decided to cook the dish he cook in the morning, he try to remember the recipe and after he finish cooking it, he called Jiyong.

"Jiyongie hyung, dinner is ready."

"Okay." Jiyong said as he sat down at the dining table.

When Jiyong took the first bite, he is impressed with Seungri's cooking, it really did improve from previously.

"RiRi-ah, it's so delicious."

"Really Jiyongie hyung? You're flattering me, but I must thanks Aunty Kang for teaching me to cook, if it wasn't for her, I might still be a clutz when it comes to cooking. Anyway thanks for the compliment too hehe."

They continued to have their dinner and after the dinner, Jiyong washed the dishes while Seungri is watching the television.

When Jiyong finished washing the dishes, Seungri told him that he have to leave soon as it is late. Jiyong decided to give Seungri a ride, but Seungri kindly rejected it, but Jiyong insist to give him a ride home so Seungri just allowed Jiyong to give him a ride.

They were chatting when Jiyong is driving but suddenly it turn quiet, Jiyong turn to Seungri's side and found that he had went to sleep. When they had reached Daesung's house, Seungri is still sleeping in the car seat. Jiyong thought that it is so cute so he decided to take a picture.

After staring at Seungri after his mini photo taking session, Jiyong slowly wake Seungri up, and Seungri woke up after a few shakes.

"Eh Jiyongie hyung, we've reached?"

"Yep, now go in before they are worried for you."

"Okay thanks and bye Jiyongie hyung."

"Bye~ Goodnight too."

"Goodnight," said Seungri as he closes the car door.

Jiyong only left after watching Seungri go into the house.

For the next two days Seungri is just spending his time in Daesung's house and Daesung told him about the things that happened before, but he still could only remember some while some are still blurry.

When it is Friday, Seungri is excited because his eomma is coming back. His eomma told him that the flight that she is taking will arrive in the evening. Seungri think that it is perfect because he can surprise his mom by cooking dinner for her.

Hence he went back home after bidding goodbye to Daesung and his parents as he is going to spend the whole afternoon cooking the dishes according to the recipe from the magazine that he got from Aunty Kang.

Seungri finished cooking around 6pm so he dial his mom.

"Yeoboseyo eomma, are you coming home soon?"

"Eomma is on the taxi now, I am on the way."

"Okay eomma, come quick I have a surprise for you!"

"A surprise for me?"

"Yes! You will know it once you reach home hee."

"Hm okay eomma will be looking forward for your surprise then."

After 10 minutes, Seungri heard the doorbell ring, he think that it should be his eomma so he look into the peekhole and it is indeed his eomma, so he quickly open the door and hug his mom.

"I miss you so much eomma. Come on, your surprise is inside."

"Eomma miss you too my precious baby, and what surprise you have for eomma?"

"You will know it later."

"So secretive huh."

"Yesh hahah." 

When both of them went into the house, Seungri cover his eomma's eyes and bring her to where the dining table was.

When he let go his hands, his mom is shocked to see many dishes on the table.

"RiRi-ah, you prepared this for eomma?"

"Yes yes, try it~"

"Alright~" Seungri's eomma said as she sat down and took a bite.

"Wow RiRi, when did you learn how to cook? This is delicious."

"I've asked Aunty Kang to teach me when I was staying over at their home."

"Woah~ I'm so proud of my baby~"

"Ahh it's nothing eomma."

"It's something, as it was the first time my baby son cooked for me."

"I'm not a baby eomma."

"Aww you are forever a baby in our hearts okay."

Both of them laughs again and continued their dinner.

After the dinner, Seungri's mom also has a surprise for Seungri as well. She had bought a lot of panda related stuff for Seungri and she even orderdc a big panda toy which will arrive 2 days later. Seungri is so happy with all that panda stuff so was his mom proud of his cooking skills.

- - - 

On sunday, Seungri is happy for two things, one is that he will join the other 4 in school tomorrow and two is that the big panda toy that his mom had ordered is arriving today.

The first thing he did when he woke up is to text.

Seungri: Hyungs, i'm going to join you guys back to school tomorrow yay.

Youngbae: The school welcomes you back.

Jiyong: Yay RiRi is coming back!!

Daesung: I'm so happy for you RiRi-ah.

Seunghyun: I'm happy for you too Ri.

Seungri: Same hyungs!

Jiyong: Me 2.

Youngbae: Me 3.

Daesung: Me 4.

Seunghyun: Uh...

Seunghyun: Me 5?

Seungri: Lol hyung you've broke the chain.

Jiyong: I know right.

Seunghyun: Did I?

Daesung: Of course you did.

Youngbae: Ya hyung, you broke our chain.

Seunghyun: Sowri~

Seungri:You're forgiven by all of us :D

Seunghyun: Yay.

Seungri: Anyway I have to go pack my things now for tomorrow, bye hyungs.

Jiyong, Daesung, Youngbae and Seunghyun: Bye RiRi~<3

Seungri: Bye<3

After texting his hyungs, Seungri went offline.

The second thing he did is to brush and bath himself. After he done both of that, he went on to pack his school bag, and recheck if he have miss anything out, but there is nothing so he think it's perfect. Then he went to the living room and his mom have already cooked for him.

"Eomma, you've cook already?"

"Of course, since my baby cook for me last night."

"Thanks eomma, you and appa are the best. I love both of you."

"Anyway RiRi, do you want to visit the doctor to ask if you can take off the bandage on your head?"

"I guess I'll do that after breakfast."

"Okay good. Go on and eat, eomma is going to do my work in the room now so before you leave for the doctor, tell eomma first alright."

After Seungri nodded, he went to eat his breakfast. He then get dressed after that before going to his mom's work room to inform her.

Seungri then leave his house and went to the nearest bus stop to take a bus to the clinic.

When he reached the clinic, he is glad that there is only 1 or 2 people there.

A few minutes later, it was his turn so he knock on the room door before entering. 

"How can I help you today?" said the doctor after asking him to take a seat.

"Um doctor, do you think I can take off the bandage on my head already?"

"Let me check it for you," the doctor say while peeling off the bandage.

"Your wound is recovering very fast so you don't have to wear the bandage anymore."

"Really doctor?"

"Yes."

"Thanks doctor, thanks so much."

"You're welcome, is there anything else?"

"Nope, thanks doctor, i'll take my leave now."

After Seungri pay for the bills, he took a bus and went home.

"I'm back from the doctor, and guess what the doctor say eomma." Seungri said as he made his way to his mom's work room again.

"Hmm that you don't have to wear a bandage anymore?"

"Yess eomma, bingo~"

"Really? Omo let eomma see your handsome face again."

His mom then cup his cheeks and turn left and right to look at his face.

"My baby still look as handsome as always, with or without the bandage."

"Really eomma?"

"Yes, you look handsome just the way you are."

"Thanks eomma, you too. You still look as pretty as always hee~"

"Such a sweet mouth you have" Seungri's mom said while pinching his cheeks and Seungri could only just smile.

Ring....

The door bell rang, both Seungri and his mom wondered who is it.

"I'll go open the door"

Seungri quickly ran downstair and look into the peekhole. Is it the delivery man? Seungri thought as he saw the uniform so he open the door.

The delivery man took a form out with a big box beside him.

"May I ask if Mrs Kang Hyun-sook lives here?"

"Oh yes, she live here."

"There is a parcel for her, can you help her to sign here please."

"Sure."

After Seungri signed and bring the big box inside, he went to his eomma's work room again.

"Eomma there is a parcel for you."

"It's for you RiRi-ah, your big panda that i've ordered."

"Really?!"

"Yes."

Then Seungri went downstair again and open up the parcel ,and there is a big panda stuff animal inside the box and he quickly get it out of the box and hug it while going back to find his eomma again.

"Thank you eomma, I love it so much, but I love you more of course."

"You're welcome. Eomma loves you too, now go play with your panda, eomma will do my work first."

"Okay eomma, work hard."

Then, Seungri hug his panda to his room and place it on his bed. It is 12.55pm when he check the time.

Seeing that his mom is still working, Seungri decided to cook lunch for them so he make his way to the kitchen.

After cooking, he put the food on a tray and bring it to his mom.

"Eomma, I have prepare lunch, come on and eat."

"Oh really? Thanks RiRi."

"No problem eomma, take a rest sometimes, you seem so tired."

"Eomma will, now go do your stuff okay."

"Okay eomma."

Hearing his mom, he decied to go back to his room after he ate his lunch. He decided to just play with his panda that he got just now.

A few hours later, Seungri's eomma came in and told him it's time for dinner.

"Okay eomma." Seungri says without knowing that he had been playing with his new panda and was on his phone for so many hours.

After eating, Seungri help his mom to wash the dishes. After that she continued doing her work while Seungri felt tired and there is still school tomorrow so he went to bed hugging the giant panda to sleep.

It was 11.35pm when Seungri's mom finishes her work. She knew that Seungri must have went to bed so she went to his room and saw him sleeping while hugging the giant panda. She then walk closer to tucked him to bed together with his panda before placing a kiss on his forehead.