Chapter 9 : Familiar

Bout Game: The Game Begin's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night has a good weather. I can still remember how cold this place was, especially when it rains. Silence is my companion tonight, yet it was distracted with my footsteps-- a cracking dry leaves and pieces of branches that I was stamping. Cicadas, crickets and a cold blow of the wind were also present.


"Urgh! The wind is still cold even though the weather is fine." I grumbled. I rubbed my arms while I continue to traipses the woods.


The moon and stars were following me as my guide on the way to the river. I know, I'm almost there.
I can smell the fresh water that flows from the river. I sniffed.


I kept on walking towards the river. It felt cold and it made me shiver that I kept on rubbing my arms. Then, suddenly I stomp something unusual. I almost tripped, it made me halt.


"Ohhhh gosh." I said as I look down. I was flabbergasted for what I just saw.


My eyes turned rounded like an owl while I covered my mouth with my hand. I've never encountered such a thing like this before! Ever since!


“Did I just stomp an arm?!” I stood frozen for a while. I panic in my mind.


I examined the arm for a minute. Looks like it's a guy's arm. Specifically, a guy’s right arm. It was cut like a meat.


"I don't have time for this. I need to be alert. Just like what Chaeng said." I murmured to myself. [You will often gonna read how Mina talk to herself because sometimes I do that thing kekekeke]

 

 

 

 

I left the arm from where I saw it and continued dally traipses to the forest until I saw the river. I crouch as I walk and looked around if somebody was here. But I did not see anyone. I also sneak to check the river, but there is no one. Looks like it's time to go back and inform Chaeng.


I walk back where Chaeng was. Same direction from where I took my way towards the river earlier.
The arm is still there, not far enough from the river. You know what? I’m kinda baffled, between 'Burying it? Or Not?'. It’s bothering me. Tch.

 


I ended up burying the arm. Took me fifteen minutes to actually do it . This really made me feel like a philanthropic.
"Okay. No more time to waste." I complained to myself.

 


Then suddenly, a voice echoed and startled me. The voice came from my earbud. I mean Jeoljin's earbud, but I took it so it's mine now.


"Good evening players! I'm here again. Mr. Park at your service." Mr. Park said and an applause followed. Did he just praise his self? Such an idiot.


"Sorry to disturb your evening, I have a good news for you. Tonight, food staff were giving 10 boxes of meals. You can only get it in a supply building that were also build in the island. I know that you’re already out of food because it's already your third night here." A laugh followed.

"Better be hurry. So you can consume some strength to fight. I hope you'll gonna find that supply building and help yourselves to devour some foods. Be the first to get it or else you'll going to starve, to death. That's all. Enjoy your night players." Mr. Park then turned off his call.

Thanks to Mr. Park. My stomach is now growling for the food that I'm imagining right now.

 


I am supposed to be back to Chaeng, but I suddenly hear some voices that were having a conversation. I quickly hid at the nearest tree and didn't have the chance to peek because they might catch me.


"You okay?"


"Yes."

Wait? A woman's voice? Ow shots! I don't want to encounter them.

 

"I should get back now. Are you really gonna be okay?"

"Yes. You can leave me now." The curiosity of my mind is tickling me, I tried to peek.

There were two girls. A short haired girl walks the opposite way from the other girl. The other girl was walking towards the river. Both of them were wearing the same uniform from my school. They're also holding a weapon. I can't quite figure out what's their weapon. Actua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter