Chapter 23 : She's alive

Bout Game: The Game Begin's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Tzuyu, try to connect her cognitive brain. Make sure she still have pulse."

 

"Doctor! She's connecting!"

 

"Good heavens, she's responding."

 

"Subject number 4, Myoui Mina? Can you hear me??"

"Bring me the reviving shock. Hurry!"

 

 

 

Emblaze of the light envision my eyes.  Agony lingers in my body. My eyes burned, as if a spot light was put just before my eyes, blurred visions escaped. Feels like I could get blind by the bright light. Until, my vision slowly adjusted to the surrounding, blinking more than twice a second.

 

"Myoui???"  The voice is breaking into my ears, making my ears audible.

 

Now my vision were filled with keen thoughts, soon contriving the notion of my impression to the place.

My eyes wander and tries to figure where I am, until I realized that I'm inside a plain  white wall that brim in every borderline of the room, with things that were only found in the hospital.

Three person who stood before me, draw their faces to me. A guy who has familiar face, leaned next to my right side while the two beautiful girls were on my left side.

 

 

"Wh...er...e.. am ...I ?" I stammered, my throat felt dry.

 

 

After a long pause, I heed that I can't move my body. My voice cracked and I can't even clench my jaw. Even my lips, I can feel my lips had dried up. Memories swiftly flashed my mind, it was when I was talking with Nayeon and someone darted an arrow to me and...

 

 

"Myoui, you're in my private establishment. Don't worry. You're safe here."

It was a guy, who wore an eyeglass on his beautiful visage.

 

 

One of the girl beside me suddenly inputting something in a machine.

I try to fidget my finger but the response seems undeniable.

 

 

"Myoui, there's something uncertain that you must need to know. Part of your neuron is not right." The guy spoke.

 

This guy, I can't quite figure it out but I really know that I saw him before.

My brows furrowed a little bit, enough to make him realized that I was figuring him out.

 

"Don't force yourself. I'm Park Jinyoung, Remember?"

 

The moment I heard his name, I frenzied my emotions, wanting to hit his face with my crumpled fist. He should thanks his lucky star that I cannot move. All I can give him was my angry stare. 

 

 

"Doctor Park, the sensibility of her feeling is wavering. Her mood is changing from stable to a rankle one." The other girl beside me said, positioning where I cannot see her, but just Mr. Park.

 

"Listen little girl, you must not get angry at this moment. Refrain from getting mad at me nor being upset or you'll be bringing the brain fog into your brain." Mr. Park said with a sincere looks.

 

 

His specs and white lab coat was quite ridiculous. I never thought that he's a doctor. Since all I know about him was, him being good at ruining every lives of the students and also a profitable professional man.

I was wrong, his aspect plead a declaration of the truth. The way he spoke is genuine to my ears, that nothing should be doubt but just to believe in him.

 

 

"Seems her emotion is back to normal now."

"Just check her deep structures regularly Tzuyu, her Cranial nerves is the only thing that's functioning now. And Jihyo, make sure that the Laboratory X297 still know nothing. Don't stop monitoring them. Also, Mr. Mark? The weapons that we are talking about earlier, please get it ready.  Anytime the Laboratory X297 might trespass us in here."

Mr. Park phlegmatically said. Afterwards, he adjusted the rim of his glasses.

 

Seconds later, my mind went blank as my vision turns grueling blur, dragging me into the pit of sleep.

 

 

--
Across the main facility, still some players are in Forest del vour

 

 

"Sunbae! Don't we need rest? It felt like we've been touring all around the whole island for three days!"

"Jeongyeon-ssi. There's no time to stop. Get your up!"

"Jackson sunbae, sorry. I think my toes are giving up."

 

It's Jeongyeon, the one who appeared with Jackson in the monitor of Mr. Park.

 

"Okay, I get it Jeongyeon-ssi. Let's nap for a while and start strolling again."

"Alright, sunbae."

 

 

 

 

Across Jackson and Jeongyeon, there was another three player.

 

 

"Yah! Sungki! How could you finished all the food that were good for the three of us?!"

"It's not my fault that you left the food in my bag, Taebong-ssi." Sungki said whilst chewing some food.

Taebong suddenly yelp and slap the head of Sungki.

"Ouch" was the only word Sungki could utter he then lightly scratch his head.

 

"Stop that, Taebong!" Nayeon started to talked. "You don't need to argue. That burger will be wasted if Sungki didn't ate it, anyways. Luckily, Jihyo brought us a  lot of food that could make our stomach full. So stop fighting or I'll cut the both of  you into four different pieces." Nayeon said while gesturing her Katana.

 

The three of them kept on strolling the forest. Taebong leads the walk with his small bayonet, Nayeon walk lastly with her alerted grip on her katana and Sungki with his open laptop.

 

Suddenly, Sungki make a discordant movement that made the two of his companion halt in shock.

 

"There are another two players, if we keep on following this phase." Sungki said pointing to the path where they could possibly encounter the two players.

"Nayeon? You decide where we will go." Taebong said with an unpleasant face that shows off.

 

Sungki and Taebong were gazing at Nayeon, deeply. While Nayeon swiftly checked the two man in their eyes.

Almost 20 seconds, finally Nayeon utter.

 

"Don't you want revenge, Taebong?" Nayeon asked.

"I want to, for Chaeyoung and Mina. That's why I let you choose the path." Taebong said with a little quiver of his voice.

"How bout you Sungki?" Nayeon asked, turning her head at Sungki.

"I'm fine with everything. Just make sure you two could cover me up!" Sungki said with an unloving intention.

"Selfish." Taebong whisper.

"Okay. Let's continue our journey." Nayeon said, full of determination.

"Let's move stealthy and alerted."

 

In a short time, Nayeon announced her decision, making their move stealth but with full alert. Meanwhile, Sungki was being in his natural self. Being the scaredy cat in the treacherous moment. 

 

"Shhhh." Nayeon said while motioning her body and gesturing Taebong to walk on the opposite side. Good enough to let them catch the two unknown player in their hands.

 

At the meantime, Sungki was being indolence. Fearing too much that it could hinder his way to stay put at Nayeon's back.

 


"Sunbae, I'm hungry. Are you not hugry?"

"Can't you just sleep? Besides, in this kind of situation, I don't have the appetite, Jeongyeon-ssi."

"You're such a consistent and arbitrary person, Jackson sunbae. Even for the sake of your growlig stomach , you doesn't even care as long as you could---"

"Shhhh. Did you hear that?"  

 

The young man named Jackson cut Jeongyeon's sentence. In exchange, he pull Jeongyeon from where she was sitting.

 

Jackson pressed his index finger in his lip to gesture Jeongyeon to be quite whilst his other hand were holding Jeongyeon's wrist.

Slothly, they step their feet and shows brisk in every movement that they take. Abruptly, a snap of cracking came from the woods, the reflection shine and meet the eyes of Jackson, distracting his visual. He then free Jeongyeon's wrist from his grip to shield his eyes from the shiny thing, averting his body to cover Jeongyeon safely from the slashing.

 

"Sunbae!" Jeongyeon yap while Jackson is covering him.

 

Slash from the unknown person halt Jeongyeon as she witness her Sunbae being cut from covering her.

 

 

 

"Jeongyeon?"

 

 

It was Nayeon, the girl who attempted to kill Jackson said in empathy, yet stunned.

 

 

 

"Sunbae!" Jeongyeon held Jackson's arm.

 

Jeongyeon parted open. She was holding Jackson firmly as Jackson hugged her, like protecting it's precious gift.

With Jackson's last full strength,  he plucked his body from covering the girl. His face showed injury and in deep pain.

 

"You okay Sunbae??" Jeongyeon hissed.

"I'm okay, Jeongyeon-ssi." Jackson said, reassuring her with his agony voice.

 

 

"Jeongyeon??" Nayeon inquire to confirm.

Jeongyeon who was preoccupied with her sunbae Jackson, finally notice the girl's voice that's calling her name.

 

When Jeongyeon finally reaches the voice  who tried to call her attention, she instantly turned her head to her, wide opened mouth and stunned to what she saw. 

 

 

"Jeongyeon I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it."

 

Immediately, Jeongyeon asked for one specific thing making Nayeon to flee on Jeongyeon.

"Where is Momo?" Jeongyeon asked.

 

 

"Oh thank goodness you're doing okay!" Nayeon quickly asked, completely ignoring Jeongyeon's question. 

 

Then, Nayeon make her way to Jeongyeon. Putting aside her katana to its holder and immediately, without hesitation hug J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter