chapter twenty four

Will I Ever Find True Love Again?

 

chapter twenty four

The sun sets as the sky turned dark. It was a starless night sky as Jiyeon changed her clothes, wearing all black. Slipping into her black heeled boots that had dangling chains, she fixed her hair, flipping her fringe to the side.

"Are you going somewhere?" Zico asked as he approached Jiyeon. He then noticed that there was something different about Jiyeon. Her aura was different and unknowningly, he shuddered.

"Just somewhere." She answered as she gazed at him with her cold expressionless eyes. "Tell the others I'm going out for a while."

Zico nodded and just stared after Jiyeon's retreating figure. He shook every thought out of his mind but his body still trembled. *I hope she doesn't do anything dangerous...* He thought before he headed to his shared room with P.O.

 

At the Kwon's, T.O.P was able to persuade Jo Kwon to come somewhere with him. He made up some lie that he remembered something about the deaths of the other's a few months back. He told another lie that it was at some warehouse and that they should visit the warehouse. Jo Kwon complied, thinking that it was just investigation and having no idea that he's taken the bait.

 

Jiyeon, who was already waiting at the abandoned warehouse, waiting behind a large pillar as she waits for T.O.P to come with Jo Kwon. The three back-ups; CL, Minho and Kiseop arrived earlier than the wanted target. Jiyeon had told them to hide behind any pillar and when she comes out, they were to come out as well.

Following their leaders orders, CL hid behind a pillar that was north of Jiyeon. Minho hid behind a pillar that was northeast of the entrance of the warehouse and Kiseop hid behind the pillar that was positioned right behind Jiyeon.

About half an hour later, T.O.P's and Jo Kwon's voice were heard as they were just outside as Jiyeon just smirks to herself. *Tonight is the night the Kwon's won't have their leader to be there for them. Let's see how long it'll take them to notice that their leader is gone.*

The rusty doors of the abandoned warehouse creaked opened as Jokwon walked inside with T.O.P following behind. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Jiyeon hiding and gulped. The aura around her, he had not expect to see nor feel it again. *Jungsoo sure messed up big time. He'll regret it.* He shifted his gaze to Jo Kwon and chuckled silently to himself. *Jo Kwon.. He is too easy to convince.*

"So this is where they were killed?" Jo Kwon asked as he turned around to face T.O.P.

"Yes." He nodded, snapping back to reality. He walked over to the supposed are where Jiyeon had the members of Black Fangs and the others kill their targets. Looking over to the chair. "Hyelim was killed while tied to the chair." He nodded over to the bloddy chair.

"And the others?"

"They were killed while they were fighting against the members of Black Fangs."

"I see." He nodded. "You know... I never wanted to be the leader of my father's gang."

T.O.P raised an eye brow up as Jiyeon frowned. "What do you mean by that?"

"I was never interested in this kind of stuff, even though I am in a gang of my own but I never wanted to be a leader."

"Then why didn't you tell him?"

"That man never listens to what I say." Jo Kwon said with a long sigh. "I just wished I could just disappear somewhere for a long time. I never wanted to be part of this stupid war he started himself."

Still hiding behind the pillar, Jiyeon was listening to what Jo Kwon was saying. *He sounds stressed. Very stressed. Maybe he might take up the offer and rather than actually forcefully kidnapping him. Jo Kwon may turn his back on his father, judging by what he is saying right now.*

"You know, I was surprised to see Minho of SHINee to be a recruit for the Kwons."

"Really?" T.O.P asked as he shifted his eyes to Minho who had a frown on. "Why?"

"Minho and I were best friends but we kind of drifted apart due my father... so I was surprised to see him being recruited..." Jo Kwon sighed and tousled his hari in frustration. Jo Kwon looked up and widened his eyes as Jiyeon walking out from her hiding place. "What are you doing here?" He asked, not even sounding alarmed.

"Why not come over to my side?"

"Pardon?" Jo Kwon frowned.

"I've heard everything you've said Jo Kwon."

"So you've been here for the whole time?"

"Yes."

"How?"

"Jo Kwon," T.O.P chuckled. "This isn't the place where they got killed." He said. "Jiyeon's original plan was to kidnap you forcefully until you started saying all of this, she kind of changed of her mind." He looked at her. "Correct?"

"Yes." She looked at Jo Kwon again. "So do you want to come over my side and disappear for the time being?"

"Why are you helping me? I'm your enemy aren't I?"

"You are not my enemy Jo Kwon. Our main enemy is your father. I thought that if I were kidnap you, your stupud father might show up. Two birds one stone." She smirked.

"And what do I get out of this?"

"Freedom. Freedom from everything. Freedom from your father and," She chuckled and nodded to the others to come out. "You can spend your time with Minho again."

"What?" He widened his eyes again as CL, Kiseop and Minho stepped out from their hiding spot.

"SHINee, T.O.P, U-KISS and 2NE1 are my spies. Come over to us and you'll have your freedom again."

"And my father?" He asked as his eyes had hoped for something.

"I will personally deal with him if he shows up." She chuckled. "Let's put it this way." Jo Kwon frowned. "Pretend you've been kidnapped by me. No one else knows about your disappearance but these four here. These four will go back to the Kwons and continue their spy job." She looked at him, her dark aura was long gone but her eyes meant something else. "Your job is stay with us, in my house with my gang. You'll have your freedom."

"And you believe me?"

"No and yes."

"What do you mean?"

"No because you could turn your back any time and back stab us. Yes because Minho has told me about you." She nodded over to Minho who had a grin on his face. "So what is your choice?" She asked. "A, stay with the Kwons and do what you never liked in the first place. Or B, come with me and you'll have your freedom. You'll be able to see Minho and have the life you wanted."

Jo Kwon was flustered. He didn't know what to do. He didn't think the four of them were spies. He was half trusting Jiyeon but he was also suspicious of her. *What should I do? Should I go with her or stay here?*

"It's entirely up to you Jo Kwon." She stated. "My original plan was to kidnap you and see Leeteuk's reaction."

"Why?" He frowned.

"So you don't know?" CL asked.

"Know what?"

"Today, this morning, Leeteuk killed a member of Jiyeon's gang." Minho confessed as he frowned at Jo Kwon's reaction.

"He what?" He whispered. "I gave no orders."

"It appears that he has acted upon his own then." Kiseop sighed as he scanned the area. "What are you going to do with your group?"

"My group? You mean 2AM?" He scoffed. "They're on my father's side."

"I see."

He nodded as he thought about Jiyeon's offer. He was half worried that she would turn her back on him but it was better than being somewhere he didn't like. "I'll take your offer." He said and faced Jiyeon.

"Okay," Jiyeon chuckled darkly. "But I don't intend on letting Leeteuk off." She smirked. "Killing a few members of Super Junior doesn't sound bad."

"Do whatever," Jo Kwon shrugged. "Kill them if you want. He's the one who turned his back on you. He deserves it. It's not my problem."

Jiyeon chuckled. "I'm starting to like you." She looked over to the three spies. "CL. Kiseop. T.O.P. The three of you head back first. Minho, you come with me because I have a feeling we won't be about to fool a certain someone. You know Jo Kwon more than any one in the gang so be there to help Yongguk tell them the truth."

 

Sitting in the middle seats of the van was Jiyeon and Jo Kwon. Yongguk was driving as it was dead silent in the van. Yongguk was still unsure about Jo Kwon since he could turn his back on Jiyeon any time. Even though he knows about the relationship between Minho and Jo Kwon but he was still wary of Jo Kwon.

On the other hand, Jo Kwon was worried about how the gangs from the Park and Lee's would react. He was completely worried about that. He is their enemy to begin with. Jo Kwon had agreed to have someone keep an eye on him and he understands it well. The closer they got to the mansion, the more worried Jo Kwon got.

Jiyeon was still thinking how she should break the news to them about letting Jo Kwon stay with her for the time being. She wasn't sure if they would believe what Jo Kwon would say but she knew he was telling the truth. She could see it in his eyes and she hated to see Minho's pained expression when it comes to Jo Kwon. The van came to a stop but neither of them made any movement to go out. Yongguk looked back and sighed.

"Should I act?" Jo Kwon spoke as he looked at the both of them. "Both of you could pretend to be dragging me while I... struggle to get out of your grasp? Make it like you actually kidnapped me and then when you think you want to tell them the truth, then you can go ahead and tell them." He shrugged as he thought about his idea again. *How the did I come up with this?*

"That sounds good." Yongguk nodded and he got out first. The door slid open as Yongguk pretended to grab Jo Kwon harshly as Jo Kwon did his work. Struggling and shouting at Yongguk.

Jiyeon watched the two in amusement as she too got out of the van and closed the door. Yongguk locked the door and dragged Jo Kwon over to the front door.

 

Meanwhile, inside the house, everyone was still torn about Minwoo's death. Changjo snapped his head up when he heard someone shouting.

"Is it me or does that voice sound like Jo Kwon?" He voiced out.

Everyone's head snapped to the door as it opened, revealling Yongguk pulling Jo Kwon inside as they both act it out with Jiyeon following behind the two of them.

"What is he doing here?" Jongup hissed with hatred as he stared at Jo Kwon.

Himchan stared at the three of them, shifting his eyes from one to another and narrowed his eyes at Jo Kwon. *Why does it seems like he's faking it?*

"Kidnapping him?" Jiyeon casually said with a shrug.

*Something is going on between those three.* "Are you sure?" Himchan questioned, raising an eye brow up. "Cause I don't see Jo Kwon struggling for real."

Jiyeon looked at Himchan then back to Jo Kwon and then to Yongguk. "You tell them." She nodded at him. "Jo Kwon come with me. Minho, you'll stay here and help Yongguk."

"Okay." The three of them said in unison as Minho and Yongguk stayed back to tell them the truth as Jo Kwon followed Jiyeon.

 

A few hours has passed through the night as the gang members processed the story that Minho had told them. To be honest, they don't trust Jo Kwon at all but when they had looked back on the past events, Jo Kwon had made no attempts to actually kill Jiyeon or the others. He had only threatened them but did nothing else.

"Now you've mentioned it." Kyung turned to L.Joe. "Didn't we over hear 2PM saying something about not following Jo Kwon's orders?" The other's frowned as they thought back their five months of peaceful days.

:flashback:

On the third month of their holidays, Kyung and L.Joe had decided to gone out and purchase some food and costumes for the BBQ and dress up clothes they were planning to have for Mrs Lee's surprise birthday party. While on their way to the shopping mall, Kyung and L.Joe saw the three members of 2PM and decided to follow them secretly.

"What do you think they're planning?" Kyung whispered to L.Joe as they both hid behind the bushes that were just behind where the three members of 2PM were sitting. L.Joe shrugs as he and Kyung turned their phone to silent.

"Why do we have to follow Jo Kwon?" Min Jun said with a sigh. "That kid is too nice to be a mafia leader." He scoffed. "Did you see his expression when SHINee Minho got into the recruit? It's obvious that those two were friends."

"They're friends?" Kyung mouthed to L.Joe who shrugged again.

"Ugh, we're not exactly following his orders you know." Wooyoung said and chuckled. "He was never the leader to begin with. He's just taking over his father's spot for the time being. Why would should we listen to that kid?"

Junho rolled his eyes. "He's not really a kid you know." He stated.

"You get what I mean." Wooyoung sneered. "He's not fit to be the leader of the Kwon's." He smirked. "It's fun seeing Leeteuk betraying his own clan."

"You think so?" Min Jun asked. "Either way, he's gonna get killed later anyways. Probably by his own younger sister."

"Who the hell sides with their enemy after Boss killed his older sister."

The moer Kyung and L.Joe listened, the more angier they got but they couldn't just jump out and pick a fight with them. That was the last thing they wanted for their peaceful holidays with no fights.

"Oh yeah, did you hear?" Junho spoke up with a glint in his eyes. "I think that Leeteuk is planning something."

"He always has something up his sleeves. He's a cunning man. I'm glad we have him but he still lacks in many areas that Jiyeon has. I see why he isn't the next Boss of the Park Mafia clan." Min Jin nodded with a smirk. "It was fun that time." He laughed. "When we kidnapped Jiyeon when she sick and all." Kyung tightened his jaws and L.Joe clenched his fists. Not know the two were listening Min Jun continued. "Seeing Leeteuk's shocked and furious expression was fun. It was like we stole his plan."

"He's always too slow to act things out." Wooyoung shrugged. "So what is he planning this time?"

"I think he's gonna target one of the members of Jiyeon's gang and kill him. I don't know who but you know all of us. We follow Jo Kwon's father's orders. And that is to eliminate any member of the Park Mafia clan and Lee Mafia clan we see."

"It could be one of the students that the two are close to or one of their gang members. Who knows." Junho yawned. "We'll know once he kills them."

:end of flashback:

"So that bastard had everything planned." Jeongmin said lowly and thought back to what Kyung had told them earlier. "Did you say their Boss was Jo Kwon's father?"

"Yeah." L.Joe confirmed. "If you think about it. Jo Kwon never made any attempts to kill us. He only threatened us but nothing more."

"That makes a lot of sense." Krystal said as she came back from the kitchen with a glass of water in her hand. "Remember the time Black Fangs and a few of us killed a few of their people? Jiyeon pretended to be one of the members and sent a letter attached to the arrow saying at Black Fangs are back." She took a sip of her water. "If you think about it, Jo Kwon didn't do anything. He never made any attempt to get revenge. All he did was just curse at us and gave us warnings."

"If you look into it more deeply, you can tell he never wanted to be part of this. You can tell he's struggling and wanting freedom. What's more shocking is that he and Minho are best friends, but his father ruined it." Nicole said with a yawn.

 

On the other hand, a man pacing back and forth in his office that was located some where in Los Angelos. The man stopped and slammed his fists onto the marble table, breaking it in process. His eyes were full of anger as his face was red.

"You will regret that decision, Jo Kwon."