Until tomorrow

Puppy Love (It's real love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  *×○▫♚▫○×*

 

Just as Taehyung had promised with much conviction, their movie marathon with bags of chips and tubs of ice cream secluded from the outside world together was better than anything Jungkook could ever ask for. But that was also because he knew he would've drifted off back to his bad habits again if he was to be alone, especially whenever he feels suffocated like now. 

Anything was better than being under the constant scrutiny of his own family. 

It's a little past midnight when their Harry Potter marathon finishes and Taehyung even offers Jungkook to stay over if he wanted to but the younger just shakes his head tiredly. Although he likes spending time with Taehyung, he wants to crash his own bed tonight and he feels as if he's imposed on the elder more than enough already. He's sure Taehyung would like some time for himself now. 

So they bid farewell, but not without the reminder at the back of their mind that the big day, their big day was just around the corner. Brief discussions and small preparations have already started and they both know it won't be long until they seal the deal of a fake marriage with lies instead of truthful vows. 

It'll be ok as long as neither of them end up hurting each other, they believe. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taehyung doesn't know whether he should laugh or cry as he holds onto his baby girl. 

The head vet nurse had called him earlier this morning letting him know that Snow's health was quite steady and healthy today so he could take her out for a walk if he wanted to. It would be nice for Snow to get some fresh air and see some blue skies. 

Of course Taehyung had agreed without a second thought. He missed his baby Snow so much; he's surprised he hasn't been falling asleep crying into his bed sheets every night. 

However, deep down Taehyung knows it's because he hs Jungkook there with him all the time, reminding him that Snow will be ok and that she's happy only if her lovely owner is happy as well so Taehyung shouldn't cry or be sad. Because dogs have super senses and would know straight away when their loved one is unhappy or anxious. Taehyung would hate it if Snow was to be affected by his own emotions so he's trying to keep it up high and smile more even when his heart hurts just thinking about a life without Snow one day. 

 

 

"Taehyung over here - OH MY GOD!!" 

Jimin is screeching from across the street as the shorter male came charging towards Taehyung who was getting ready to cross the street towards the park. Snow was heavily bundled up in his arms as he smiles, sniffing back a tear. 

"Is this Snow? She's the prettiest Eskimo I've ever seen! So fluffy and warm just like it's owner, oh my heart," Jimin coos as he runs his hands carefully over the soft mane, earning an excited sniff from the dog as Taehyung smiles. Even though Snow's eyes are droopy with illness and body aching from simply movement of her joints, Jimin still thinks she's beautiful and it makes Taehyung so happy.  

"Thanks for going out of your way to see us," Taehyung says as they both walk towards the park, enjoying the cool breeze of the weather and despite it was raining yesterday afternoon, the clouds have cleared their paths letting the soft sun ray' prickle their melanin skin. Jimin shakes his head with a pout. 

"Don't say that, I've been wanting to meet Snow for so long now and also because I wanted to catch up with you as well," Jimin chuckles as he lightly nudges Taehyung's side, making the taller beam brightly. 

It doesn't take a genius to know that Jimin was the type of person who was just as bright as his own laughter and smile. Sure he would have his bad days but Taehyung knows Jimin genuinely likes to care about people and is the type of person that wanted to surround himself in positivity even if there were negative thoughts clouding his mind. 

And Taehyung really likes that. It's exactly what he needed right now as he sits beside the male on a free bench, watching as he puts Snow down onto the hard ground, seeing her legs wobble slightly as she trudges around the patches of soft grass cautiously before she was kneeling quietly beside his legs, watching as the other kids and families run and dash around the park under the sun freely. 

It makes Taehyung remember his childhood together with Snow as they grew up together in the neighborhood park, sliding down slides together and running around chasing pigeons and birds away as they flocked to the sky with the blazing sun under their wings. He remembers how frightened Snow had reacted when he first bought her back to the park near their old home because it was the same place she was abandoned - and she knew that. 

Although Taehyung was young, he knew just as much about loneliness and fear alike so he was determined to change that.

He took Snow there to the park almost everyday or whenever he could, erasing those sad memories of the pup being left to cry under the cold and replacing them with bright laughter and warm sunshine coating her pure white fur instead. 

And Snow understood that as she would bark happily whenever Taehyung would take her there to the same park for many years that came later. Together they made unforgettable memories. 

 

"How was the family meeting last week?" Jimin then asks as he leans back with his legs outstretched and two hands on the bench behind him. 

Taehyung snaps out of his little daydream. 

"It was alright, we left early though. Jungkook didn't want to be there for too long but Aunt Kim was super nice and so was Mrs Jeon," Taehyung answers truthfully as Jimin hums. 

"Yeah at least things didn't turn out too bad. That sounds like Jungkook was pretty tamed considering how snappy he could get around his family," Jimin sighs and Taehyung does want to ask why the younger did feel the way that he did. 

Taehyung knows there must be a deeper level of hurt that he does not know about Jungkook but somehow he has a feeling he doesn't have the right to ask. It was something more than just people talking behind Jungkook's back or reprimanding him constantly for his life choices despite being born into a family with high status and duty. 

But even then, Taehyung feels as if he's not in the right place to ask, a bit too inadequate to know such details about the younger so he buries the curious thought once again. 

 

"Do your parents even know about all of this Taehyung?" Jimin suddenly asks as Taehyung feels his heart sink. 

 

He hasn't thought through everything this far and it wasn't like any of this was real, he just wanted to walk down the aisle, let Snow know that she was going to be the star of the night and that Taehyung was going to be safe and happy, so she should be too when their time to depart comes. 

"No they don't but it's ok, this whole facade thing won't last long and it's just something small to grant both Jungkook and mine's temporary wishes." Taehyung shrugs nonchalantly because it really isn't a big deal to him. None of this was determined against his nor Jungkook's will, so it wasn't bad. It's what people could call a white lie even. 

The shorter male beside him frowns though.

"Marriage is a big deal Taehyung, whether it be out of love or not. Just...be responsible the two of you," Jimin suddenly says, stern with his tone of his voice but Taehyung knows the shorter male was just concerned. 

"I know Jimin, it's just... I don't have a lot of time left." Taehyung glances back down onto his feet to see Snow watching other dogs bark loudly, running and chasing after toys healthily and his heart breaks a little.  

"I just want to fulfill my last wish before..." Taehyung feels his voice shake and his lungs feels heavy once again. 

Jimin just nods and doesn't say another word as he reaches over to pat Taehyung on the back softly to comfort the taller male. A soft whimper can also be heard as Snow looks up to see her beloved human sobbing and she wants to jump onto her hind legs and kiss those tears away. 

But the pain in her joints and the weak capacity of her lungs restrains her from doing so. Whining, she could only rub her head repeatedly against Taehyung's legs and this only makes the male sob even more. 

 

 

 

 

 

"Snow is reaching her final stages. There's only so much the medicine can do for her now. It's not just the illness but her lungs are getting weaker, her digestive system is also showing signs of failure, her coordination

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter