To be worthy

Puppy Love (It's real love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook probably saw it coming when Taehyung decided to completely cut him off by not replying to any of his calls or texts after that sudden phone call. 

But even then he doesn't have any excuses. He was still too much of a coward to drag his and go see the elder physically because deep down, Jungkook knew that he was in the wrong.

It started off with late night thoughts, wondering if the feelings he has for Taehyung was deeper than what he had originally expected, because yes he does care for the elder but he knows that the depth of his feelings is very different. In fact, Taehyung is special to him in a way that no one else is and Jungkook has enough courage to admit to that at least.

With that incident at Taehyung’s place, Jungkook realised he had never been more confused yet sure of his own feelings at the same time towards anyone like this before.

It was confusing because he didn’t exactly know how to deal with the emotions. It made him think about all the times Taehyung had relied and depended on him so much like the strong and firm friend that he promised to be, and that made Jungkook doubt himself. Because what if Taehyung only wanted to be with him because he was the only one there during the elder’s most vulnerable times. What if he and Taehyung had met under different circumstances, would Taehyung still need him and let him into his life the same way as now?

He knew he was still young and rather, not anywhere near as successful and had his life put together as compared to someone like, Seojoon.

Deep down Jungkook knows that Taehyung would much rather be with someone who was more mature, sophisticated and gentlemanly. Someone who would pay for their dates and take him out to expensive restaurants instead of cheap burger places. Someone who would be able to give him everything he deserved in life, whether it be big or small, materialistically or romantically.

In retrospect, Jungkook knew his fast life and choice of lifestyle would never be able to make Taehyung truly happy.

Someone like Seojoon was the perfect son and the perfect man. What wouldn’t make him the perfect spouse as well?

It’s these thoughts that hold Jungkook back from pursuing his own feelings because e just knows that there was someone better than him for Taehyung out there.




 

“You’ve been acting strange these days,”

Jungkook glances up from the bunch of words clustered together in a single page in his accounting textbook. He’s been sitting here in Jimin’s room, trying to study for his upcoming exam but nothing was registering in his head no matter how long and hard he stared at the blurring words.

“You never come over to my place during the weekend- since like forever, and to study at that. What’s up with that?”

Jimin was pointing a pen towards him with a confused expression as Jungkook just shrugs before glueing his eyes back down onto the book.

“Nothing. You don’t want me here or something?” Jungkook asks as he attempts to flip the page in hopes to digest more information.

Jimin just sighs, still slightly confused.

“No, it’s just you’re usually working or hanging out with Taehyung. Especially during the weekend so I don’t know, it seems kind of weird to see you here with me,”  

Jungkook just nods slowly. How is that the letters on the page are beginning to look like a plethora of black dots and blotches now.

“Did something-”

“Nothing, I’m just busy and actually focused on passing this subject,”

Jungkook curtly retorts and that earned a suspicious looked from Jimin but he knew better than to ask Jungkook any further. They’ve been friends long enough for him to know when the younger preferred not to say anything so the two just sat there in silence, doing their own thing.

At times like these, Jungkook was more than grateful of Jimin for doing so.

The letters in the textbook begin to look more like decipherable words now despite it still not making any sense to Jungkook. But it was better than nothing.




 

However for Jimin who despite what Jungkook told him, began to see Jungkook acting more strange than usual.

He was frequenting the parties that he used to go to, drinking more than he usually does and wearing that same old saccharine smile that was too used to hiding a million thoughts. In seeing so, of course being his long time friend, Jimin couldn’t help but worry.

At first, Jimin would admit that he was surprised but kind of excited to see the younger wanting to spend time with him and some of their other friend that they used to hang out with again.

But it began to irk him when he realised that Jungkook may be doing this on purpose, to run away and distract himself like he used to when he was much younger. And that definitely wasn’t a good sign so he tries to reach out to both Jungkook and Taehyung.

It didn’t take a detective or a scientist to know that Jungkook was acting this way because of Taehyung - or at least something related to the elder.

And when Jimin had bumped into Taehyung and Jungkook’s cousin together on the way home from work one evening, things were already looking out of place.

When he tried to ask Jungkook about it the following day at dance practise, the younger looked slightly uncomfortable and stiff to hear about Taehyung and Seojoon being seen together, but at the same time, it was as if was something he was expecting and that definitely was vexing to Jimin.

Jimin’s gut feeling was definitely urging him to do something about this, so he did.

He tried to talk to Taehyung about Jungkook over the phone one day when he called to just catch up with the latter. And everything sounded fine until the subject of matter was brought up,  Taehyung stayed mute and voice broke when he asked politely to not talk about it.

For Jimin, that was enough of a confirmation that something quite concerning had occured between them.

Around the same time, when Jimin attempted to ask Jungkook again seriously about what had actually happened between the two of them but unlike the last time, the younger didn’t even bother to tell him it was nothing and simply just shrugged defeatedly while sighing.

“I don’t know,”

And you see, Jimin loves Jungkook and has come to love Taehyung as well. He just wants the two of them to be happy and for whatever that was going on between them to be resolved.

Because without Taehyung beside Jungkook now, Jimin notices how void and dejected the younger really was before meeting the latter and that made him feel restless.

Likewise, Jimin can tell how much Taehyung adores Jungkook and the younger’s company. No matter how close Jimin is to Taehyung, he knows he will never compare to Jungkook. So when Jungkook is gone, it isn’t hard to tell how much it would affect Taehyung. Jimin assumes the elder would feel awfully lonely no matter who he talks to because Jimin, himself has been there before. He knows the feeling of missing someone close to you.

However, as much as he wants to help the two, he knows he doesn’t have the right to step in.

It is something only the people involve can fix. All he can do is quietly make sure Jungkook won’t do something especially stupid that he’ll end up regretting forever. And Jimin prays that the guy won’t end up hurting Taehyung or himself too much in the process.

Feelings are complicated and perhaps this was exactly what his friends have been warning Jungkook about this whole time.









 

“Hey is everything ok?”

Jungkook has the urge to scream, ‘I’M OK’’ and that he’s fine. He doesn’t understand why so many people have been asking him the same question over and over again and it’s beginning to rub him off the wrong way.

But as he flickers his eyes up and away from his phone along with the multiple unread messages that’s been sent to Taehyung, he realises that in fact, he was not ok. And that perhaps the reason he gets so irritated when people ask him if he was fine, was because they made him realise that deep down, he actually wasn’t.

“It’s about ...that person isn’t it?” Jennie asks as she crouches down beside an ashamed Jungkook who tucked away his phone into the back pockets of his pants. He stares blankly at the dance studio now as the girl beside him quietly lets him gather his thoughts before he speaks up.

“Yeah.” Jungkook eventually manages to say as he wipes away a trail of sweat that was forming around his neck. Jennie just nods slowly as she hands him a new water bottle. It’s been a long day of preparing for the crew’s new performance soon.

“You...still haven’t talked to him?” Jennie asks again as she looks over at Jungkook with pursed lips.

At that Jungkook remembers how he had accidentally spilled a lot of his thoughts to Jennie that one evening when they were at the same party. The same one where Taehyung had called him when he was unconveniently already tipsy.

After Taehyung had abruptly hung up on him, Jungkook tried to frantically call and text him back again throughout the whole night but he was left with unread messages and ignored phone calls instead.

Jungkook knew he had ed up.

Because of that, he may have gotten a bit too drunk and had told Jennie about the mess he had c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter