Round and round

Puppy Love (It's real love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*×○▫♚▫○×*

 

The first thing that Taehyung does is catch his breath as he fixes the two heavy bags of food in his hand at the front of Jungkook’s door.

He pouts cutely as he peeks around the quiet apartment complex to double check if he’s at the right place before ringing the doorbell. The last thing that he wants to do rock up at the wrong place.

The rings echo on the other side of the door but no other movement was heard.

Strange, Taehyung thinks to himself as he decides to press the button again only to hear a deep croak on the other side.

“Coming,”

And within seconds, the door flings open with Jungkook clad in his low cut tank top and grey trackies. Taehyung smiles at the appearance of the younger.

“Good morning! I thought I was at the wrong house for a second there,”

For some reason Jungkook groans and Taehyung notices how a few stray strands of the younger’s hair was still sticking up in weird angles. Jungkook was squinting.

“Taehyung-sshi...when you said you were coming in the morning- I didn’t expect 8 am in the morning.”

Jungkook sighs but eventually opens the door wider so that Taehyung could come through. The elder meekly breathes under his breath, whoops.

“Well in my defense, you have work later in the evening and it takes time to prepare these delicious dishes for you so rise and shine,” Taehyung gleams as he scans the area for the kitchen.

Jungkook sighs before pointing towards the kitchen,“Whatever, help yourself,”

The younger gestures and Taehyung immediately heads over with the two heavy bags as he places them on the table bench to sort everything out. Jungkook is so tempted to run back into his room and roll under his warm blankets but he felt like that would be rude.

“Do you need a hand?” Jungkook offers although he knows he’ll probably end up sabotaging Taehyung’s cooking because he actually can't cook to save his life, especially when he's still half asleep.

“Oh no it’s okay! Scoot back to bed young one,” Taehyung flicks his head with his hands on his hips and Jungkook seriously wanted to drag the elder out of his house because god he’s not a little kid but whatever, he is craving sleep.

“Sweet. Just let me know if you need anything- You know how to work the ovens and stuff right?” Jungkook asks before running back into bed.

“Yup, don’t worry! I won’t burn down the house and run for my life while you sleep in your room unbeknownst that you’re actually suffocating in your own-”

“Alright alright, just wake me up whenever the food is done or if there’s a fire.”

Jungkook waves off as he yawns, making his way back into his room as Taehyung shrugs and begin to unload all the stuff he bought along.

 




“This, this and this need to be stored in the fridge…ah hah found ya~”

Taehyung maneuvers around the kitchen easily as he opens the fridge only to have his jaw dropped from the emptiness and lack of food inside. To the point where he felt sorry for the fridge. It looked so hungry and lonely.

“Poor thing….your owner doesn’t feed you enough tsk tsk and what are these? Protein shakes? Milk? A few stray vegetable laying around? Strawberry pudding? This kid….”

Taehyung sighs in defeat as he places all the stuff he bought along into the fridge before setting out the plan to whip up a few traditional korean home cooked meals.

Looks like Jungkook would really appreciate some of that judging from his empty fridge and cupboards full of either two minute noodle or high in protein cereals and shakes. 

 

 

 

 

 

Usually, Jungkook isn’t the type of person that likes strangers invading his personal space. Like let’s be honest, he wouldn’t even trust Jimin in his kitchen but blame it on his sleep deprivation that allows him to sleep like a plank whilst Taehyung, technically a weird yet somewhat kind stranger he met, raid his kitchen.

It wasn’t until around early noon when Jungkook automatically woke up due to the enticing aroma that drifted into his system. His stomach, as if on cue, began to rumble and basically nagged to be fed as Jungkook eventually sat up from his bed and decided to follow the trail of invisible delicious smoke that lead him into the kitchen.

In a daze, for a second he had completely forgotten that he was having a guest over, a guest that was cooking in his own kitchen until he saw the back of the elder, turned towards him as he watched from afar.

He sees Taehyung tasting the pot of sizzling soup and smiling gleefully at the taste, probably very satisfied as the elder began to hum tune of song that Jungkook’s never heard before.

It sounded sweet.

"Oh! Jungkook! You scared me there!”

Taehyung suddenly flinches as he turns around a bit to catch a glimpse of Jungkook standing from the hall. Somewhat flustered, Jungkook clears his throat before gesturing towards the bathroom.

“Yeah, let me quickly wash up first, sorry,”

“Okay, I’m nearly done. I don’t know where you leave all your plates and stuff so just set them out when you’re ready.”

Taehyung nods kindly as he becomes preoccupied with all the cooking dishes in front of him.

“Yeah…. Sure.”

Jungkook doesn’t know what else to say or do, other than to purse his lips together and drag the soles of his feet into the bathroom to groom himself a bit better.

When he does finish, he enters the kitchen to give Taehyung a hand in which the elder was more than happy to let him help.

Jungkook notices how he doesn’t talk much and even wonders if it’s awkward because well, he wouldn’t consider Taehyung as a friend yet. The elder was just being a kind person and returning a favor he guessed.

But for the rest of the preparation time, Jungkook just listens to Taehyung’s instructions and the elder would speak so naturally at times, it awed him a little.

Such simple things like:

“Careful this is hot, can you hold onto the plate while I pour some in?”

“Hold it here so it drains better,”

“My mother used to loving cooking- in fact she was the best cook ever! So I learnt from the best,”





And then it was exactly 12 in the afternoon when they were done with everything and were seated around Jungkook’s small dining table.

“Wow, these look amazing. You cooked up a feast,”

Jungkook finds himself saying in awe as he picks up his chopsticks, unsure of which dish to dig into first- he hasn't had the privilege of eating such delicious home cooked meals since he moved out from home.

Taehyung laughs, “Just eat like a normal person, there’s enough to last you for the whole week to be honest,”

At that, Jungkook smiles quietly to himself as he dug into his food, eyes dilating in delight with all the lovely flavors and spices exploding inside of his mouth.

He moans out in pure bliss before quickly refilling his bowl. “You’re an amazing cook-wow.”

Taehyung shyly smiles at the compliment, his fiddling fingers under the table finally relaxes as he breathes out in relief.

“Thank you...I’m glad everything turned out great- like thank god everything matched your taste buds and-”

“Everything is sooo good I love it- When was the last time I ate such delicious home cooked meals,” Jungkook manages to say in between gobbling up the food that Taehyung had made with such care and gratitude.

Taehyung chuckles at the sight of the young grown boy enjoying his meals. “I’m glad you like it,”

Jungkook pauses before gnawing down onto the juicy lamb ribs that’s mid air from his mouth. He notices the faint hue of pink that landed across Taehyung’s cheeks and darts his eyes away.

“You know…. Taehyung.....-sshi?” Jungkook stops for a brief moment because the formal honorifics didn’t flow off his tongue as smoothly as he had hoped.

“Yes?” Taehyung answers as he too looks up, perhaps also noticing the stiff way Jungkook had called out his name.

“Oh, by the way, you can just call me hyung. I think it’s better if you drop the polite honorifics.” The elder beams as Jungkook nods, somewhat feeling much more relieved.

In fact, Jungkook was having quite a few difficulties with the name calling thing so at least now, they have that part cleared.

 

Then out of nowhere as Jungkook relished in all over the delicious dishes place in front of him, with no other praise that Jungkook can think off as he drinks down the warm soy bean paste soup-- he spurts out the first thing that came into his head.

“You know, you’ll make a great husband one day. The world needs more people like you around,”

Jungkook says as a matter of fact, just stating the obvious and maybe he was a bit to elated by eating such wonderful food but if Taehyung’s cheeks weren’t pink before, now they’re a nice flush.

Jungkook pauses and wanted to mentally face palm himself for making things awkward as he hears Taehyung’s nervous chuckle.

“Yeah well, to be honest I’ve never cooked for anyone before.”

Jungkook hears Taehyung say as he takes a peek up at the elder who he notices is now sitting on top of his own hands like a little kid. Shoulders slightly cowering in and teeth gnawing down onto his bottom lip occasionally.

“You’re the...the first. My first,”

Jungkook really tries not to gawk and have his eyes fall out of his own sockets. But the way Taehyung had said it so innocently felt as if Jungkook was bestowed with the greatest honor. It somewhat felt as if he had just taken a maiden's first kiss or something to be honest.

Awkwardly, yet still wanting to show his gratitude Jungkook clears his throat while taking a sip of water.

“Well, there’s a first for everything right,”

Jungkook shrugs as Taehyung evidently relaxes with a boxy smile and a nod.

“Yes you are right,” The elder agrees and just like that they end up finishing the meal together.

 

 

 

 


“I’m so sorry Jungkook, I would clean up the dishes and everything before I leave but I gotta go pick up Snow from the vet soon.”

Taehyung apologises as he makes his way towards the door.

“Oh no that’s fine, you’ve done more than enough for today. If the food was bad I would’ve definitely made you stay to do the dishes-but I guess you were lucky,”

Jungkook teases as Taehyung smiles friendly at the younger. It makes J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter