Does it darken or fade ?

Puppy Love (It's real love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

This is what you would call a lazy day for Jungkook as he rests his legs on the sofa armchair, mindlessly watching random videos on the internet and occasionally updating stuff on his social media where he would post with his friends.

Currently Jungkook is chuckling to himself as he sees his group chat with his five close friends go off because they're all surprised he's replying to their memes. It's not that he doesn't talk on the group chat often, it's just that he likes to observe all the wild stuff that his friends are up to and it's funny to screenshot those moments to bring them up again when the time was needed. Which was either to bribe them or blackmail them, because let's face it, his friends say some pretty dumb sometimes and it was hilarious.

It's when Jungkook was about to pause his current video on youtube, some series that he's been catching up on by an underground production crew to answer Jimin's spam when his phone suddenly vibrates, lighting up the name, 'Aunt Kim'.

Jungkook was a bit confused as to why Aunt Kim was calling all of a sudden but he doesn't pay no mind to it as he answers, the elder always had a habit of calling to check up on him every now and then anyway.  

Sitting up, Jungkook quickly swipes over to reply. 

"Hello? Aunt Kim?" Jungkook answers before the lady on the other line was sighing as she greets him back.

"Yes, our little Jungkookie, how are you my love?" She asks and Jungkook smiles, knowing the elder was probably sporting a warm smile like she always did in the past whenever she took care of him when he was younger.

"I've been good Aunt Kim, how are you? And is there a reason for calling?" Jungkook then asks as he hears a soft chuckle on the other line.

"No, do I need a reason to call you whenever I miss your rebellious little hmm," The elder bellows and Jungkook shakes his head even though he knows the elder can't see him from where she is. 

"I just wanted to ask how things are going, how Taehyung is and all as well," Aunt Kim then goes to say as Jungkook hums. He realises he actually hasn't seen Taehyung all week because the elder said he had a deadline to meet and Jungkook has been fairly busy himself. 

However they do text each other quite often so it doesn't actually seem like it's been that long since they last seen one another (of course, it's only been a week, Jungkook chill).

"Taehyung is doing well, everything is fine and great. I don't think you have to worry too much," Jungkook reassures the elder as he hears her click her tongue.

"I'm old Jungkook, I can't help but worry. It's like second nature when you reach this age I guess," Aunt Kim says, almost exasperated as Jungkook remembers his memories of Aunt Kim when she was younger, dark hair tied back tightly with a warm smile on her face as she walked him to preschool everyday and took care of him when he was in junior high - now there were deeper fine lines adorning her soft features with peaking streaks of grey hair as Jungkook realises time really did fly by. 

"It's good to worry I guess, it makes me feel loved," Jungkook finally says. Although those words may sound ambiguous and cheeky, it was his way of telling the elder that he still cares or her deeply and that he appreciates everything she had done for him while he was growing up. 

Because in such a large household with disfiguring shapes of his parents and fragmented childhood memories, Aunt Kim's smile and warm hands were always the only thing that made him want to return 'home'.

Even now, those memories with Aunt Kim are the only lingering sentiments that ties him to his own family. 

"Jungkook, I'm actually about to drop by your place now," Aunt Kim suddenly says as Jungkook furrows his eyebrows a bit confused, breaking out from his own thoughts. 

"Wait- What?" 

"Yeah, I wanted to surprise you and Taehyung by coming over but I might as well let you know now since I'm bringing all your favourite foods along as well- I'll be there around in an hour or so,"

At that, Jungkook wasn't even able to say anything further as the phone line beeped off on it's own, leaving him a bit speechless and a bit unsure about whether or not he should call Taehyung and ask him to come over or to just leave things as it is because he really didn't want to bother the latter.

It's not like it mattered whether or not if Aunt Kim found out the truth that Taehyung and him weren't living together. However it would put the statement 'we're married and together' at risk and the last person he wanted to disappoint was Aunt Kim herself. He really didn't want to take that gamble. Especially when he knows how fond she is of Taehyung himself. 

Jungkook is well aware that Aunt Kim wanted to pamper and spoil his husband like her own son as well.

So reluctantly, Jungkook picks up his phone again and finally decides to call Taehyung. Thankfully the latter answered almost straight away as Jungkook tries to explain.

"Hey Kook! Funny I was just about to call you, what's up?" Taehyung chirps and even though Jungkook can't see it, he was sure Taehyung was sporting that usual goofy grin whenever he was excited.

"Hey, um yeah I hope you're not busy or anything because I was wondering if you could quickly come over to my place? Aunt Kim said she's coming over in an hour and she wants to see the both of us. And like, she thinks we're living together because we're technically supposed to but obviously we're not..." Jungkook explains, hands waving around comically because he really doesn't want to bother Taehyung so he's trying to make his point as clear as possible. 

However Taehyung just giggles.

"Yeah it's fine, I'll be there in about...20 minutes! I was around the area anyway and was going to ask you if wanted to meet up," 

Jungkook smiles, chuckling to himself as he nods, standing up to walk into his room to quickly change into something a tiny bit more presentable instead of his gym shorts and old black tank. 

"Ok sweet, I'll see you soon then. Aunt Kim is going to feed us so just bring yourself," Jungkook adds before the two ended the phone call.

Sometimes Jungkook just can't but wonder how things can fall into place to easily whenever it came to Taehyung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And just as Taehyung said, he arrives around 20 minutes later as the two greet each other like they normally do, all eye-smiles and gentle glances. 

When Taehyung made his way inside, he definitely rolled his eyes at the pile of pizza boxes and empty red bull cans left in the corner of the kitchen as he ushered Jungkook to clean up the area a bit before Aunt Kim arrived.

At least then it was plausible that they were living together because Jungkook's apartment was screaming 'I'm a single young college bloke lol i don't live with my husband'. 

After some speed cleaning and grooming around the area, the door bell to Jungkook's apartment went off and the two both stumbled towards the door, chummily standing side by side as they opened it to reveal a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter