A sanctuary

Puppy Love (It's real love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jimin wanted to scream.

This wasn't how things were supposed to unfold. He had planned this for Taehyung and Jungkook to finally meet again, to sort out whatever it was that tensed between them, not for Jungkook to storm off, leaving his hyungs and for Taehyung to show up with Jungkook’s very own cousin.

This was messy and Jimin was mad because partly, he feels as if he was to blame. Well partially at least.

Yoongi and Namjoon were confused as well when they came back stage and realised that Jungkook had already early left early. Jimin quickly told them that Jungkook wasn’t feeling well so he left but had said congratulations to them nonetheless.

Taehyung had even dropped by to let Yoongi and Namjoon know how great their performance was but Jimin could tell his smile was forced and eventually left early with Seojoon tailing like a sore thumb behind him.

Jimin doesn’t know what that guy was planning but what he does know for sure is that Seojoon constantly being around Taehyung was making it difficult for Jungkook. 

However, that being said, unfortunately there’s not much Jimin can do though. 

He had tried to set this out for Jungkook and Taehyung to meet as naturally as possible and to face their problems, but it turns out that things had taken on a different turn instead. 

Jimin will just have to go check up on Jungkook later tomorrow, just because he cares and also because he knows how much Taehyung means to him, whether the younger has to come to terms with it or not.









 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Thanks for coming with me tonight,”

Taehyung hands back Seojoon’s jacket politely with a small smile of appreciation before stepping away from the elders' car. The cold chilly air seeps through his thin blouse and it makes him want to rush back inside.

“Thank you for allowing me to come,” Seojoon smiles back. He stops half way and purses his lips together before asking.

“You, alright?”

Taehyung was taken aback by those words for a split second but was quick to deduce what the elder meant by those words. He eventually smiles while nodding his head slowly. 

“Yeah, I’m fine." He tells Seojoon but deep down, Taehyung knew he was trying to convince himself. 

"You should head back and get some rest. You have work tomorrow yeah?” Taehyung eludes. He's kind of tired and just wants to curl up in bed alone at this point. 

Seojoon purses his lips together before nodding understandingly, he does eventually leave after giving Taehyung’s cheeks a light and playful pinch, urging him to ‘wipe that frown away then’ before getting back into his car to drive off.

 

Taehyung doesn’t know why a long sigh leaves his body, but now, not only was he tired he was somehow also overwhelmed by a sense of guilt.

Jungkook’s saddened and confused face when he left, brushing off the younger’s apology resurfaces in his mind and it is kind of upsetting Taehyung now.

He didn’t mean for things to turn out the way it did, but in the moment, Taehyung just wasn’t sure what had washed over him and in a panic, he reached out for Seojoon instead. He decided to hide behind his uncertainties once again and now as he strips himself off the thin layer of make-up and thin blouse, he regrets not giving Jungkook a chance to talk to him, or at least a chance to hear the younger’s apology.

Taehyung feels bad, he really does. 

But Seojoon had told him to not be too soft hearted or Jungkook would end using him but Taehyung knows it's more than that as he stares at the phone in his hand, at a certain number he had blocked. He realises that he’s actually a coward. 

Taehyung puts the phone down and doesn’t look back at the number again for the following week that came.

Jungkook must hate him now, and he feels as if, it’s better this way.




 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you going to visit her today?”

Jungkook is leaving through the front door of the home to his lonely childhood as he slips on his jacket, holding a bouquet of delicate white baby breathes before turning around.

“Yeah,” He nods while a warm pair of hands lean in to cup his cheeks. Aunt Kim is smiling fondly at him, eyes filled with both encouragement and sorrow as she kisses his forehead before waving him off.

“She’ll be happy to see you. Tell her I said hi,”

Jungkook hopes so too as he murmurs a quiet ‘yes’ before leaving.

He’s now zooming down streets that he hasn’t crossed before in a long time. And it’s no surprise he’s here once again without his father. 

His father had decided to stop coming to this place ever since he was young and to be completely honest, at this point, Jungkook doesn’t even remember if his father ever did come back here at all. And he never understood why. 

All he knows is that he felt betrayed.

Jungkook is sure, his late mother, would’ve felt the same way.

 

 

Thankfully it’s a nice today, and the little flowers blooming around the tombstone of those who lay peacefully asleep here for eternity, are carefully trimmed and looked after, they’re smiling prettily back at Jungkook when he comes to a stop at a certain pavement.

He quickly kneels down, dusting away a few forgotten leaves that lay on top of the grey tombstone and places the pure white baby breaths beside his mother’s identity, instantly lighting up the lonely little tombstone. 

It’s been almost 20 years since his mother passed away and he doesn’t have any memories of her or with her. 

Jungkook lost her when he was still too young. What she looked liked, the sound of her laughter or the warm touches of a real mother - These things Jungkook had to learn from other people, mostly from Aunt Kim who used to show him photos of his mother when she was still alive.

His mother was already very weak when she was carrying Jungkook in her womb and was told it was going to be very difficult to recover once she gave birth, but she had insisted on bringing Jungkook into this world and was happy when she could at least hold her new born baby in her arms before heading off into her own little paradise of happiness, and that was heaven. 

Although he has never seen his mother, or have any recollections or memories of her, Jungkook was grateful for the life that was given to him and commend his mother's sacrifices every day. 

 

 

“It must be lonely here,” Jungkook sighs under his breath as he ran his fingers over the little indents on the tomb that formed his mother’s name. A name he had always yearned to call out to when he was younger.

Jungkook doesn’t know why he feels at ease when he sits there on the little patch of clean grass, taking in the gentle afternoon breeze and inviting sun. The warmth is prickling his skin, and for a brief moment he wonders if this is what it’ll feel like to be embraced by a mother’s loving arms.

He thinks about a lot of things as he sits there out in the open, under the clear skies.

He thinks about how his father doesn’t come here anymore, how his father found another woman not soon after his mother passed away and how his father no longer speak of her as if she never existed in the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter