If only you knew

Puppy Love (It's real love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It's kind of nice to be back, Taehyung thinks to himself as he slips off the pristine white lab coat after tidying up his testing bench up a bit before turning off the microscope. The data report papers that he had collected and collated are put together into a small stack as he takes hold of them to place onto Professor Park's desk. 

It has been a while since he had came in to help Professor Park at the University in the molecular science department considering he had asked for a temporary break. But now that he's back working as a part time assistant, it was nice.  

Taehyung had missed leaving his house and falling into the routine of heading off to work even if at work he didn't talk to anyone besides the professor and occasional students who came to seek for assistance whenever the professor was too busy to help them. 

The students were always sweet and enthusiatic and the professor allowed Taehyung to do his own thing most of the time, like work on his own research freely which made his experience at the University very pleasant. 

Although the one thing that Taehyung admit he doesn't do often even though he works at the University from time to time, is visit the University's separate cafeteria on the rooftop area where most staff and workers gather to enjoy their break together. 

The idea of socialising while eating during his break never really peaked his interest because he would rather sit alone at the University's lawn but these days, he didn't mind being around people so he decided to grab a quick coffee and maybe treat himself to a mint brownie slice. 

The nice and open area hasn't changed much since the last time he was here with Professor Park sometime last year. Fresh green and white interior designs that was calming to the eyes were placed strategically around the area both inside and outside. He's taking in the gentle ambiance while lining up to order his usual cappuccino double shot with no sugar to help him get through the rest of the day.

The barrista tells him $3.50 and he's about to fish out his spare change from his loose slacks when suddenly a presence makes itself known beside him instead. 

"Can you mak that two - and here," 

Taehyung sees a hand slip some money onto the desk before he's glancing up to see a familiar frame. It takes a while to jog Taehyung's memmory of where he's met the man. 

"Hello Taehyung-sshi," The man turns to face Taehyung now and the smile reminds him of someone before it clicks. Taehyung clasps his hands together almost comically as he gasps. 

"Ah! Seojoon-sshi! Hi!" Taehyung beams at the recollection as the male beside him grins. 

"I couldn't recognize you for a second there," Taehyung adds as they move aside to the waiting counter to collect their drinks. Seojoon rubs the back of his neck with pursed lips as he shrugs before pointing to his clothes. 

"Do I look that different in a casual dress shirt and jeans?" He asks with raised eyebrows but there's a playful glint as Taehyung laughs, shaking his head. 

"No no - ok maybe just a little bit but that's because I wouldn't have expected to see you around here," Taehyung simply says because it was true.

The first and last time he saw Seojoon was at the small gathering when he was introduced to Jungkook's family and the latter was wearing an expensive business suit that time. 

He looked much more casual today, though still very stylish. Taehyung was sure the simple button up shirt would've costed nothing but a fortune for sure. 

"I occasionally come here to have meetings with the head of the University because our company is help funding their department of business and internal business."  

Seojoon says as their coffee arrives and Taehyung leads them toward an empty bench outside. The sun was out and so he decided it would be nice to sit under the sun for a while as they enjoy their caffeine. 

"Oh that's cool," Taehyung nods, sort of impressed if he were to say so aloud. But he doesn't as he sits down. Seojoon joining beside him as they take a sip of their coffee. 

"How about you? Do you study here or?" Seojoon asks and Taehyung laughs, placing his coffee to the side as he explains. He's not really bothered when people ask him the same question anymore. He's kind of used to it if anything. 

"No, I graduated from here a couple of years ago and they offered me to work here as an assistant for Professor Park and they put me on one of a big research project for the molecular science department. " 

"Wow that's amazing and I'm so sorry for mistakening you for a student instead," Seojoon meekly apologizes as Taehyung raises both his hands to wave them in disagreement. 

"No no it's ok, I get it a lot and it doesn't bother me really," Taehyung smiles reassuringly. He doesn't notice the way Seojoon's eyes slightly linger onto his hands before the latter was turning away, clearing his throat. 

"I've been here occasionally for the past year, how come we've never bumped into each other," Seojoon asks, genuinely curious as Taehyung laughs under his breath. 

"Ah, it's because I don't visit anywhere else around the Uni. I'm usually just in the testing lab or Professor Park's office." Taehyung chuckles as Seojoon nods with an understanding shrug. 

"Fair enough," 

There's a brief moment of silence as Taehyung takes in the comforting bitterness of the coffee against his tastebud along with the warm prickling sun's ray against his skin before Seojoon was speaking up again. 

"Congratulations on the wedding by the way, I'm sorry I wasn't able to make it to the ceremony," 

"Oh thank you, and no it's ok! I heard from Aunt Kim that you were busy and couldn't make it,"

"Yeah, it was an urgent business trip but I really should've at least called and congratulated you guys at least,"  

Taehyung can tell that Seojoon was slightly guilty so he reaches over and patted the latter's hand instead, conscious of the slight human contact but Taehyung has taken a liking to the male. He was sweet and also really easy to get along with, they could be great friends if Taehyung were to say so. 

"Maybe we should meet up together over dinner or something, I'm sure Jungkook would love to see you again and all," Taehyung suggests, eyes suddenly gleaming excitedly he doesn't see the slight hint of hesitation that flickers pass Seojoon's eyes.

Seojoon eventually nods, with a small smile as he replies, "Sure," 

"Yay, can't wait then," Taehyung gleefully chirps as the two spend the rest of their remaining time together with their cup of coffee. 

Taehyung would talk quite animatedly like he usually does when he's comfortable around someone and Seojoon would laugh along. Seojoon even notes down how Taehyung was definitely not nervous or panicky now that they were outside of the formal setting of a family meeting, unlike the last time they met. 

"Sorry Taehyung-sshi but it looks like I have to get going,"

A phone call rudely cuts through the middle of their conversation about the University's new autonomous shuttle buses as Taehyung nods understandingly. 

"Yeah it's ok! I'll see you around then," Taehyung smiles, bowing slightly, getting up with his empty coffee to also make his leave his as well.

Seojoon smiles back in the midst of turning away when the latter suddenly stops to call Taehyung back. 

"Wait, Taehyung-sshi! Um, can I get your number?" Seojoon spurts and he can see the slightly confused tilt of Taehyung's head. He knows he shouldn't think about how cute the male looked but he did. 

"You know, for the dinner - with Jungkook," Seojoon adds, hating that he sounds as if he was justifying himself from being a weirdo before Taehyung's mouth forms a cute 'o' shape.  

"Sure of course," Taehyung nods, quickly taking his phone out from his back pocket so that they could exchange numbers. 

When it was over and when Seojoon finally left, Taehyung couldn't help but smile.  

It was never this easy to talk to people before but ever since meeting Jungkook, he's found a little more courage and comfort when talking to people. And maybe it's because through Jungkook, Taehyung has learned to trust people just a little bit more. 

He decides that Seojoon will become a great addition to his list of new found friends. However, of course Jungkook will definitely always remain at the top no matter, Taehyung thinks to himself as he throws his finished paper cup away before making his way back to the office. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"So you did guys talked about it - the 'marriage contract' and all?" 

Jungkook glances over at Jimin who was drenched in sweat, t-shirt grossly sticking to his body as strands of his hair stays matted to his forehead like a wet chicken. 

It's a Wednesday night and the two have decided to just release some stress by practicing a few dance routines together. Dancing was always a great way to elevate their stress and get their mind off of things. 

"Yeah," 

"How did it go?" Jimin asks as they sit down against the mirror walls to take a breather. 

"It went well, everything goes well when Taehyung and I talk it out. Literally, there's nothing to worry about," Jungkook shrugs, genuine with what he meant. Jimin glances over at him, as if to really make sure that everything was ok before he hummed flatly.  

"Sure...." Jimin mumbles under his breath and Jungkook wants to ask him what he had meant by that but the elder was quick to change the subject. 

"So are you going to Jennie's party this weekend? She invited the whole dance crew and all, seems like it's going to be a pretty fun one to be honest,"

Jungkook raises an eyebrow at the mention of the girl's name. His memories are slightly hazy for some reason.  

"Is this the girl I made out with once when I was half smashed and she professed her love to me the same night during the dance camp two years ago?" Jungkook asks, recalling some memories from a year or two ago. Jimin scoffs. 

"Yeah, her. She's a beauty by the way, surprised you turned her down," 

"I was drunk and I didn't even know her then, I had a few classes with her last semester I think.... or was that with her friend Lisa - can't remember," Jungkook shrugs as Jimin sighs. 

"When it comes to things like this, I realise how heartless and dense you are sometimes Jungkook, you little heart breaker," Jimin shakes his head while clicking his tongue disdainfully before continuing. 

"So you coming or not? I'm plusing one Yoongi coz he'll be down if there's free alcohol involved,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter