Eyes from the inside

Puppy Love (It's real love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

*×○▫♚▫○×*

 


"It's okay Tae, just stay beside me and you'll be fine," Jungkook nudges Taehyung who was visibly nervous with every step they took closer towards the beautiful spacious foyer of the Jeon's residence.

Taehyung has heard of Jungkook's plentiful background from Jimin's usual banter with the younger but he didn't expect their family to be that wealthy.

According to Jungkook though, this was only one of the property they owned and considering they do a lot of business travelling, it probably wouldn't be a surprise if they had a house waiting for them in every province of each country they frequented.

"Oh wow Jungkook-this is...I'm impressed,"

"Well I don't own any of this so you shouldn't be, it's my family, not me," Jungkook a sly smile as he reaches his hand over to help Taehyung onto the steps towards the front door.

Smiling, Taehyung reaches over and places his slender fingers into the warm palm of the younger, feeling his nerves lock back into place. Jungkook gives it a light squeeze before smiling back, reassuring Taehyung again that there is absolutely nothing to fret over. 

For a brief moment, there's a hint of uncertainty that flashes pass Jungkook's brown orbs but Taehyung brushes it off thinking that maybe it was just his mind playing tricks on him. But he clenches tighter onto Jungkook's hand anyway.  

Once he deemed his nerves calm enough though, he decides to peel his hands away from the younger just for some personal space, however Jungkook was quick to catch his hand again, smiling mischievously as he leans in to whisper.

"Nah uh Tae," He chuckles, "Sorry but we gotta look like a couple at least," Jungkook shrugs with an innocent purse of his lips before the front door clicked open.

"Oh my Jungkookie! My beautiful darling I have missed you."

Taehyung watches with wide eyes as the younger is pulled into an embrace by an elderly woman, dressed in an all black attire with a white apron tied neatly around her waist. A small smile stretches across Taehyung's lips as he sees Jungkook groan and frown at the affection of the elderly. He was like a little kid and it was refreshing to see that stupid smirk wiped off his handsome face.

"Aunt kim-"

"You heartless little brat, we let you out into the world and you forget all about the person who raised you, changed your nappies and wiped your when you were a baby-"

"Aunt Kim did you really have to say that?" Jungkook groans and Taehyung couldn't help but snicker under his breath. 

"Why? Scared I'll embarrass your little fiance- oh my god," Taehyung suddenly snaps out from his giggles as he awkwardly bows with a smile towards the lady who was now starring at him with wide eyes. He's not sure what she's thinking until she lunged over and gripped onto his arms, squeezing them gently as she laughs.

"This boy is gorgeous! He's beautiful Jungkook! You guys would make beautiful babies!"

Taehyung chokes on his own saliva as his eyes pop out comically, Jungkook probably would've laughed too if he could.

"Aunt Kim that's very unlikely-"

"There is still a chance this pretty boy here could be a rare carrier!" The elderly almost beams as she turns to smile at Taehyung almost expectantly but he has no idea what she's trying to imply.

He has heard of male carriers but the last time he checked, no one has said anything specifically about him being a carrier.

"Um hello Mrs Kim, I'm Kim Taehyung," Taehyung cracks a smile as he bows politely again and the elderly woman gasps dramatically taking his hand and shaking the life out of him.

"Oh my how rude of me darling, I'm Mrs Kim but you can call me Aunt Kim as well, I'm actually the Jeon's butler slash nanny or whatever you wanna call it. I was basically Jungkook's second mum," The elder smiles warmly, wrinkles forming prettily under her eyes even with age. She then reaches over towards Jungkook and takes a hold of his hand to place it over Taehyung's own.

The younger reluctantly laughs under his breath as a warm sense of fondness washes over his boyish features. It makes Taehyung beam even more. Jungkook looked safe and happy around the elderly women and Taehyung realised that. 

"A-aunt Kim?" Taehyung shyly repeats as he flutters his lashes up and down for approval before Aunt Kim was happily laughing, ushering the two young ones further inside the mansion of the house.

 

 

 

If the grand exterior of the house was anything to brag about, Taehyung was at a lose for words for the beautiful design and luxurious ornaments that decorated every wall and corner inside of the house.

Too busy gawking like a little kid in a museum, Taehyung doesn't hear the voices of people laughing and chattering as they make their way inside the spacious dinning hall. Taehyung suddenly has the nervous urge to curl back into his shell knowing he'll be surrounded by many strangers.

Even though he knows nobody would cause any harm and that it's just his head making things up, he's still a bit reluctant to be in crowded and loud spaces. Besides, he knows everyone was dying to see who this gold digging 'fiance' was.

However before they reached the end of the hall, they were stopped in their tracks by a maid coming from the corner a hallway to the left that looked like it led to multiple open study rooms and offices. 

"Good evening young master, Sir and Madam would like to see you two first,"

At that, Taehyung hears Jungkook scoff under his breath dismissing the maid away as Aunt Kim purses her lips together to form a thin smile. She reaches over to give both Taehyung and Jungkook a squeeze on the shoulders.

"See you two later than hmm? I cooked some of your favourite foods Jungkook so make sure to eat before you two leave,"

Taehyung turns to smile back politely at Aunt Kim as they went in separate ways. 

For a second, from the corner of his eyes Taehyung catches a glimpse of Jungkook's face to notice a dull and hesitant emotion flicker pass his face but with a blink of an eye, it was masked away by the younger. 

 

Taehyung tries to ignore it. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Now Taehyung knows he shouldn't be so nervous about meeting Jungkook's parents but something tells him that it'll be quite a tense encounter considering how Jungkook reacts to his own parents. Not that it was anything hostile, just tensed and strained. 

Maybe the hints of uncertainty was about his parents the whole time. 

And Taehyung was proven right when Jungkook bows curtly to his father, who although was a gentlemen in his mid 50's still looked youthful and handsome for his age. Jungkook also bows to his mother who was just as beautiful and elegant with her shoulder length hair and thin red lips. 

"Have a seat," Mr Jeon simply says with a quick glance over at Taehyung with hint of exhaustion in his tone as if he's done trying and for some reason Taehyung's heart sinks a little because it makes him feel conscious and unwelcomed. 

However there's a small smile on Mrs Jeon's face instead and for a second Taehyung realises that Mrs Jeon smile although, different from Jungkook's was still just as pleasing. Taehyung thinks that Jungkook resembles his father much more than his mother but he is quick to push those thoughts away as he follows the younger towards the couch.

Taehyung sits himself down beside Jungkook whose parents are sitting opposite of them. Swallowing hard, Taehyung glances over to see how relaxed and nonchalant Jungkook was, fixing the buttons on his shirt and loudly tapping his feet against the wooden floors. 

Taehyung's never seen Jungkook like this, fidgety and restless. The younger was anxious. 

 

Mr Jeon's eyebrows twitches ever so slightly as he places his warm cup of tea down onto the marble coffee table in between them.

"This is the person you've been with and planning to marry?" Mr Jeon asks, more so directed at his son as he clasps his hands together and Taehyung slightly cowers under the elders gaze. The tone of his voice was cold and Taehyung felt disapproved of. 

However Mrs Jeon chuckles as she looks over at Taehyung, smiling brighter this time.

"Well yes hello Taehyung, it's finally nice to meet you. I have come to understand why Jungkook was so adamant on not agreeing to meet anyone that I have set him up with. He didn't tell me he was already dating someone seriously," Mrs Jeon greets as Taehyung nods meekly. 

"You're still young but I heard that you're a writer and an assistant professor at Seoul University, that's really great. It's good be able to rely on your accomplishments in life," She praises as Taehyung bows again, smiling as he brushes off the compliment shyly.

"Oh it's nothing really, thank you," Taehyung rubs the back of his neck quickly before hearing Jungkook scoff under his breath beside him.

"That's the first thing you two can say to him? You only seem to care whether he is like me or not," The younger bends over with his elbows on his knees as plays with the hems of his sleeves, not sparing his parents a glance.

"Jungkook darling no-" Mrs Jeon tries to say but Jungkook flinches at her words and Taehyung wonders briefly why it affected Jungkook so much. 

"Dont' call me that-"

"Jeon Jungkook."

Mr Jeon's voice was stern as he looks up over at Jungkook with authority, consequently silencing everyone. Clearing his voice, he glances over at Taehyung again but this time with a softer expression on his face. He really does look like Jungkook. 

"I'm sorry Taehyung, it's finally nice to meet you, I hope my troublesome son has been treating you well," Jungkook's father says, although voice still stern and hard it didn't make Taehyung feel as uncomfortable.

Taehyung quickly bows again as he greets him back.

"Nice to meet you too Mr Jeon and no Jungkook has been very sweet to me," Taehyung replies because Jungkook indeed has been very nice to him.

"Oh my, that's good to hear but you know my son..." Mrs Jeon begins to say as she stops for a quick second to glance over at Jungkook who was not sparing her a glance.

"He has some bad habits and is very stubborn at times. I hope you'll be okay with that,"

At those words, Taehyung could've sworn he felt Jungkook flinch beside him. 

"Why do you always-"

"It's ok really, it's not as bad as you think it is Mrs Jeon,"

Taehyung places his hand onto Jungkook's thigh, cutting the younger off in his evident irritation as Jungkook sinks back into his seat again, relishing in the warm palm of Taehyung's hand on him. Taehyung runs circles around the younger's thigh with his thumb soothingly as he smiles. 


"Jungkook really isn't that bad," Taehyung says again, with more affirmation this time as he glances over at Jungkook quickly before pulling his hands away.

"He's a little rough on the edges but he's a got a really soft heart," Taehyung recalls how bratty Jungkook could be a times, like when they're fighting over which movie to marathon, or how picky he is with his food and how lazy he is in the early mornings.

And of course Taehyung knows Jungkook that has tattoos inked onto his pale skin where Taehyung cannot see, he knows Jungkook is only following his parents wishes to marry someone so that he could have more freedom in dating whoever he wants to without getting too serious.

Taehyung knows Jungkook lives life in the moment and doesn't usually think about the consequences in the distant future. 

But even then, he still believes that Jungkook wasn't a bad person. It wasn't like he was a criminal or anything, he was just young with a lot of ambition. Maybe he was just a little bit lost and that's okay. 

Besides, Jungkook has not

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter