A heaviness in my heart

Puppy Love (It's real love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Taehyung isn't dumb. He may lack experience in human relationships at times but that doesn't mean he can't tell when someone is avoiding him. 

Jungkook hasn't been contacting him or replying to his texts like he used to and even when he does, it's blunt and short as if the younger didn't have time for him.

And for some reason, that hurt.

It also isn't easy to come to a conclusion that this all happened right after the little birthday surprise they threw him because Jungkook's weird behaviour started from that night onward.

The kiss they shared also doesn't leave Taehyung's mind; whether it is when he's alone in his work lab or alone in his apartment, laying on his own bed, he can't seem to erase the feeling of Jungkook's lips against his. His stomach feels tight and his chest gets all wheezy whenever he catches himself remembering it.

There must be something wrong with him, Taehyung thinks to himself multiple times a day as messages between Jungkook and him become shorter and blander.

He wants to knows what's going on and why things had turned out the way it did.

Taehyung has never gotten himself into such a situation before so he literally does not know how to deal with all of this. Not including the very strong feelings he's beginning to feel towards a certain younger. Although he can't physically put a label onto the feeling, he knows it's something very different to what he's usually familiar with and to be honest, it's quite frightening. 

 

It's the end of the week again where the two usually use to catch up on one another, whether it be at each other's places watching some movies or dinner at their some of their favourite restaurants around the street, they usually made time to spend it with one another. 

Unless one of them was busy with other things like work, studies or other social gatherings, Saturday night was their night.

It's been a little over two weeks since Taehyung had last sat down and talked to the younger face to face. They still text each other, but like he said, Jungkook seems as if he isn't really enthusiastic about it. He says he's busy because it's exam period and because of work and dance practise, but it feels as if he's not even trying to make time for Taehyung anymore. And that makes him, kind of disappointed. 

Taehyung sighs as he finds himself gazing at the little snowflake and silver band across his ring finger.

Although he knows he isn't obliged to to wear it on at all times, but Jungkook did say it was a friendship ring instead of a ring made between lovers so he doesn't know why he can't wear it on his free will. 

And maybe Taehyung was overeacting.

Maybe Jungkook was genuinely busy and that their timing was just off. 

Deciding to think so to uplift his mood a bit more, Taehyung thinks that maybe he should do something about this growing distance that's suddenly being thrown in between them. He hates to admit to admit but he does kind of miss the younger's company. 

And there's nothing wrong with that, who says friends can't miss each other anyway?

But it's the fact that Taehyung wonders if he's missing Jungkook as a friend or something more that is confusing. It's because of that sole reason, it's what's making him both restless and hesitant.

He decides to take matter into his own hands.

Taehyung goes to see Jungkook.

 

 

 

 

 

It's a Thursday evening when Taehyung decides to show up at the dance studio where Jungkook, Jimin and Hoseok often practised at the following week. And like the past few weeks, Jungkook and him still haven't been talking very much. 

Back then when they first met and when Taehyung found out that Jungkook and his friends danced, he had promised the younger he'll drop by some time to see them practise together. 

Of course Jimin and Hoseok gladly welcomed Taehyung to come whenever he wanted to as well. So he had let Jimin know that he was dropping by a little after five o'clock, coming straight from the University he worked at which wasn't too far away from the studio.

 

Taehyung had purposely not told Jungkook because he wanted to see the younger's reaction himself. In a way he wanted to surprise Jungkook and also because he thought since they were both too busy all the time, he didn't mind putting in that extra effort to see the younger.

Taehyung didn't mind going out of his way to be with Jungkook and that was the truth. 

What he didn't expect to see, the first thing arriving was Jungkook's arms wrapped around a girl he's never seen before. It makes Taehyung freeze on the spot. Also makes him cringe because of course he wouldn't know the girl. He doesn't know everyone Jungkook talks to and whether or not what they're doing is acceptable, isn't something Taehyung say. In fact it has nothing to do with him and yet he can't take his eyes away from them. 

They look like they're playfully having fun with each other as Taehyung notes how the girl was giggling now. She looked like she was purposely hiding something away from Jungkook, which in turn was making the the younger reach over her for whatever it was she didn't want to show him.

Regardless of what the two were doing. It left a bitter residue in his mouth nonetheless whether he liked it or not. 

Jungkook didn't even realise Taehyung had arrived until Jimin and Hoseok had called out his name enthusiastically, making heads turn as both the girl and Jungkook stare at him by the door. 

Taehyung then greets them all, awkwardly because he can see Jungkook flinch, slipping his hands away and diminishing all close proximity with the girl who was now darting her eyes from Taehyung then back to Jungkook.

"Um hey, I'm Jennie, I dance here sometimes with my crew, nice to meet you," The girl, tall, slim with a pretty doll like face, smiles as she reaches over to shake Taehyung's hand and for some weird reason he feels inadequate. It was like a weird irrational thought that quickly flew over his head as he watch Jungkook avoid his gaze. 

Taehyung feels his chest tighten quickly all of a sudden, realizing this is the first time they had physically met in weeks, since his birthday. Jungkook eventually glances up at him, giving him a small smile and a quick nod. The same bashful and unchanging bunny-like smile that showed his youth despite the peaking tattoos under his shirt. 

Taehyung watches as Jungkook just comments on how 'thirsty and tired he was' before striding away from the huddled up group to grab a drink from his water bottle on the side benches. 

Ok...this wasn't exactly the type of reaction Taehyung had imagined and he feels disappointed for some reason. Taehyung didn't know what he had initially expected, but he at least hoped that Jungkook would've been excited to see him again after so long. Guess not...

 

 

The next hour or so when Jimin urged Taehyung to watch them go through some routines together, he decides to stay a little longer because it would be weird if he was to leave so soon.

He sat quietly to the side on one of the benches, watching Jimin and Hoseok take turns doing a few amazing freestyles as their bodies bend and move to each beat of the music so effortlessly as if it was imprinted in their limbs to groove to the addictive sounds.

Jungkook would occasionally join in as well, in which the girl, Jennie does so too.

Taehyung doesn't miss the way Jungkook would laugh at the girl's dorky and quirky moves sometimes and it was obvious she was trying to gauge a reaction from all of them but Taehyung knew where her eyes always followed behind. Taehyung wasn't blind. He knew who she was looking at the whole time. 

Gnawing down onto his bottom lip, Taehyung tries to distract himself. 

 

 

 

When Jimin, Hoseok and Jungkook practiced their routine together without the girl, Taehyung felt like he could breath a little easier when she was out of the picture and that made him feel bad for some reason.

Taehyung doesn't understand why he feels so irritated or weirded out by someone he literally just met. He can't quite wrap his head around it.

Thankfully, Hoseok decides to end their dance practice early and asked if everyone wanted to go out for a quick dinner together considering Taehyung was here as well.

Taehyung did consider joining them, but when he faintly heard Jennie asking if Jungkook was free to give her a lift home afterwards and when he saw how the younger had nodded absentmindedly as if it was something he was already accustomed to; made Taehyung hesitate. Jungkook usually took him home all the time whenever they went out but this would be awkward. Maybe Taehyung doesn't here today. 

"I still have some stuff to do tonight, I think I'll head off him first," Taehyung ends up saying lead to Jimin pouting, urging him to come along because they haven't seen each other ever since his little birthday party get together. 

At the mention of that aloud, Taehyung could physically feel the air thicken, as if it was only Jungkook and him in the room with patchy memories from that night surging through their minds again. He wonders what Jungkook is thinking as he quickly steals a glance at the younger who had his eyes glued to his feet. 

"We can catch up another time, I promise," Taehyung turns to smile at Jimin apologetically and eventually the shorter male agreed and wished him a safe trip back home.

Jungkook on the other hand, just waves at him.

"Be careful on your way back yeah hyung? I'll...I'll text you,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter