Something I'm not

Puppy Love (It's real love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-big thank you to the lovely @jeonsbuns for making the beautiful poster for this story xoxo 
 

 

 

 

 

 

You know those days where you are just mad at everyone and everything. Yeah, it was definitely one of those days for Jungkook.

First, he woke up late to class and then had forgotten he had to hand in some papers for the professor and later on had mixed up his dance practice time which lead to Jimin and Hoseok nagging him nonstop for coming late.

Of course, Jungkook apologized to his hyungs for his tardiness but he really had no energy to tell them he had a ty start to the day. He knows he shouldn’t use that as an excuse but the professor had even kept him back for at least 40 minutes to scold him instead of teach him anything new.

Then one thing led to another and Jungkook ended up pissing off some of his customers at work because the last thing he wanted was to serve some who wanted to get free stuff without paying. That of course led to more scolding from his manager who had never really liked him for his preconceived view of him and his tattoos.

Worst of all though, Jungkook had completely skipped breakfast AND lunch, so now he couldn't wait to just finally get home and lock himself inside the comfort of his own room and finally eat his first meal of the day.

So you could imagine, when the doorbell to Jungkook’s apartment began ringing just as he was about to open his fridge to seek for some food and settle down in front of his small TV, he was quite irritated.

He contemplates on whether or not he should go and open the door, even considered to just leave it as it is, ignoring the person ringing his doorbell but then he quickly felt guilty, especially not knowing who it was on the other side - what if it was someone who needed his help or something? 

So reluctantly, Jungkook trudges over towards his door and peeked through the little peep hole before his eyes widened in slight shock. He swings open the door, maybe a bit too excitedly as he is greeted with a confused Taehyung who was just about to press on the door bell again for the third time. 

"Oh Hyung," Jungkook greets the elder who's face brightened as soon as their met eyes.

That was until Jungkook noticed Taehyung's eyes trailing downward towards his chest? And why was Taehyung suddenly snapping his head to the side and using his hands to hide - why is he blushing?

"S-sorry were you, um changing? I won't look I promise," Taehyung mutters and that was when it hit Jungkook by what the elder meant by those words.

He was topless, right. He forgot that most of his friends are used to him walking around show casing his upper half without much thought. And to be honest, Taehyung shouldn't be shy as well, they're both men if anything.

That being said though, an image of a shy Taehyung exposing his smooth tan skin for the world to see made Jungkook lose his train of thought. It should not feel because as quote, ‘we’re both men’ but for some reason, in Jungkook’s mind it didn’t appear to be so.

Shaking the image out of his head, he makes way for the elder to come in as he slipped on the closest shirt he could find that was laying on the sofa.

"I tried calling and texting you before but you didn’t answer so I thought maybe your phone died. I decided to just drop by anyway because I was kind of worried you weren’t answering actually," Taehyung says as he sits himself down onto the sofa and not soon after Jungkook was sighing heavily.

"Ah, I turned off my phone. Just... really wanted to shut myself away tonight. Hasn't been a great day so I just wanted to be alone," Jungkook shrugs, finally proceeding to stare down his fridge again to realize that there really was nothing to eat no matter how hard he stared.

Jungkook stops fiddling around the fridge when he notices that Taehyung hasn't said anything so he then turns his head back to the living room when he hears the elder rustling as if he was making his way back towards the door.

Frantically, realizing that Taehyung must have misunderstood him, Jungkook closes the fridges and dashes towards the elder who was now standing up from the sofa as if he was getting ready to leave.

"Hey where are you suddenly going?" Jungkook tugs onto Taehyung's sleeve but the elder just shrugs.

"You said you wanted to be alone… sorry I came - it's ok we can hang out another time. I shouldn’t have barge here like this," Taehyung mumbles while avoiding Jungkook’s eyes.

Jungkook can almost hear the pout in the elder's words and to be honest he is not even mad that Taehyung came. If anything, all the annoying moments that he had suffered throughout the day seemed to have disappeared the moment Taehyung had showed up at his door grinning his usual boxy grin.

Jungkook decides to slip his fingers around Taehyung's thin wrists to pull the elder back so that they were now facing each other.

"I said wanted to be alone but that doesn't mean I don't want to be with you," Jungkook says without thinking.

Taehyung slowly turns his head up to see Jungkook clearing his throat now as the younger lets go of his hand and awkwardly rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet.

"I mean- you're always welcomed here hyung, I was just having a pissy day. Sorry,"

Jungkook wonder why he apologizes but he does anyway and he is probably blabbering so he shuts up and decides that he's also too hungry to be standing around like this any longer.

"Ah I see," Taehyung nods, understanding that Jungkook was not implying that he didn't want his company. He smiles sympathetically instead as he squeezes Jungkook's shoulder knowing the younger has had a bad day.  

"Well, we can still hang out another day if you just want to rest tonight," Taehyung smiles understandingly and Jungkook really wonders how such a sweet person exists. It never cease to baffle him whenever he thinks about it.

Jungkook's stomach suddenly growls unattractively, making Taehyung's eyes widen in shock as Jungkook doubles over, clutching onto his stomach to stop it from further howling.  

"Hyung....I guess, my stomach wants to hang out?" Jungkook groans, meekly peaking at Taehyung who is now trying so hard to hold in his laughter, shoulders shaking as he nods, letting out small giggles every so often.

"Yeah, I guess it does. Let's go get some food you overgrown child,"

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook is not even surprised when he realizes halfway through his meal with Taehyung that the elder really knew how to make him feel better.

Their usual banter about the most stupid things in life and immature senseless jokes, bickering and innocently teasing each other put a smile very easily on their faces. It erased all the negative things that resided in Jungkook's head and he notes that for the 100th time since meeting Taehyung, the elder really had that kind of positive effect on him. Like a bright lucky charm, one could say.

"Are you feeling better now?" Taehyung manages to ask when they leave the restaurant with Jungkook tucking his hands in his pocket, belly warm and full with food and laughter as they make their way out onto the chilly night side by side.

Jungkook nods with a smile. See. He had completely forgotten he was having a ty day prior to Taehyung’s arrival.

"Yeah I'm fine, thanks hyung," Jungkook meekly says as Taehyung leans into him with a playful bump, their shoulders colliding before they're both giggling to themselves.

"About last Saturday," Jungkook suddenly remembers. It is something he has been meaning to say to for a while and now was the chance.

Taehyung just hums as Jungkook continues.

"I'm sorry for cancelling last minute on you, I know you said it was ok but I still felt somewhat guilty."  Jungkook explains but Taehyung just chuckles with a shake of his head to show that it really didn't bother him that much and that Jungkook didn't have to apologize for 'bailing' out last minute.

Jungkook begins to wonder if he feels guilty because Taehyung was really just too kind and selfless sometimes.  

"Actually I met up with Seo-"

Jungkook slightly turns to look at Taehyung to listen to what the elder was going to say until Taehyung was suddenly pushed, consequently losing balance as he crashed into Jungkook's chest involuntarily.

Concerned, Jungkook catches Taehyung in his arms swiftly as the elder steadies himself again, pulling himself away from the younger.

Of course, it would've been a different story if Taehyung had tripped over his own shoes but as Jungkook glances over the elder's shoulders he noticed the group of men that had bumped rudely into Taehyung without apologizing. 

Jungkook notices more specifically that the man, in the middle, with roughed blonde hair and ripped grunge jeans must have been the one that collided rudely into Taehyung and not so surprisingly, they reeked of alcohol and smoke. 

"Watch it -" The middle male scoffs, taking hold of the cigarette in his mouth as he side glances Taehyung who then cowered slightly into Jungkook as the younger fumes. You don't go around calling people rude names like that - no one calls Taehyung names like that when Jungkook is around.

"Say that again." Jungkook challenges, anger evident in voce as he takes hold of Taehyung's hand and steps forward to cover the elder.

The group of men have definitely stopped in their tracks now as they throw some stares at Jungkook.

"I said, watch it, ."

Jungkook sees red as he restrains the growl that threatened to explode from his chest. He clenches his first tight, not wanting to go haywire and beat the stupid smirk off that 's face.

The bastard even has the audacity to inhale in a puff of smoke before leaning down to blow it out into Taehyung's direction.

And then almost instantly, Taehyung was flinching, coughing as he hid behind Jungkook. Jungkook remembers in a flash that the elder was allergic to smoke. He is not going to hold back now as he straightens his broad shoulders and is about to throw a well-deserved punch into the bastard's face when the guy began staring intently at Taehyung as if he knew him.

"Taehyung?" The man suddenly asks and Jungkook has to turn to look at Taehyung for an answer because what? He knows this dude?

Taehyung then glances up at the male in front of him and when their eyes meet, Taehyung freezes. Jungkook can feel the way Taehyung's body stop moving beside him, lifeless, as those eyes turn cold before they turned glassy within seconds.

Jungkook’s instincts told him that whoever this man was, was clearly someone Taehyung didn’t want to associate with.

"Wow it really is you. Been a while huh?" The male laughs with an evil glint in his eyes that makes Jungkook feel very uncomfortable. But it's when Taehyung began to tremble, hands scurrying as they try to find Jungkook's own that made him worry.

"You're the snitching smartass that no one liked back then. Always up to teachers. Ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter