A plan and a promise

Puppy Love (It's real love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*×○▫♚▫○×*

 


The first thing that Jungkook sees is Taehyung's crestfallen face with eyes red and swollen as he makes his way towards the elder's side.

Jungkook reaches for Taehyung's cowered and trembling body almost urgently as the world quietens around them and all he hears is Taehyung's soft whimpers. He wraps his arms around the smaller figure of the man as he realises how vulnerable Taehyung feels in his hold.

Jungkook gently pats Taehyung's back as he reassures him.

"Hey hey, it's okay. I'm here," Jungkook whispers as Taehyung hesitantly leans into his comforting warmth. Jungkook then pull Taehyung down beside him so that they sit outside the emergency vet room on the chairs along the cold bleak walls together. They are side by side and it makes Taehyung feel like he's somewhat not alone.

And you can say they've been here before, in the same situation with the same heartbreak but this time, Jungkook's heart hurts just a little more because he's become attached to both Taehyung and Snow over the couple of weekends they've spent together.

"I-I'm sorry for-calling you out this late-" Taehyung's voice breaks as he takes in a long shaky breath. Jungkook lets go of Taehyung's warm body but still keeps his gaze locked onto the elder as he leaves the palm of his hand lingering on Taehyung's lap.

"Don't worry about it. It's okay," Jungkook reassures Taehyung again as he gives the elder's thighs a soft squeeze along with a small smile of hope as Taehyung looks up at him.

Jungkook sees the way the latter swallows hard as he blinks away a couple dry tears before nodding his head slowly: wanting to believe the words said by the younger.

"I'm here if you ever need me hmm? I'm here for Snow as well,"

Jungkook smiles softly as he nods and although Taehyung's heart is in turmoil, he can still relax and have hope for his baby Snow. There is just something comforting for once knowing he has someone by his side to support him. And it makes him feel so warm for some reason, seeing that there's someone there for both him and Snow. It makes him brim with warmth as he realises that Jungkook really does care about Snow. Taehyung just can't help but be grateful of the younger. 

"Thank you, Jungkook-ah,"

 



Jungkook feels Taehyung's eyes locked on him before he feels the elder's warmth inch closer and closer towards him until something soft and gentle lands onto his cheek unexpectedly: Taehyung's trembling and delicate kiss is placed innocently onto Jungkook's cheek as the younger momentarily freezes on the spot.


Something warm and electrifying seeps through into the crevices of Jungkook's heart as he feels the innocent trace of Taehyung's lips linger against his cool skin. It's something so pure and pristine it catches Jungkook off guard completely. 

"You're the sweetest person ever," The elder says under his breath, like a gift of gratitude as he clasps his hands around Jungkook's hand and gives it a genuine squeeze before letting go.

The act rendered Jungkook speechless and almost stupefied as he stares down blankly at the slender fingers clasps around his own hand.

Jungkook starts to second guess Taehyung's actions and he begins to question the underlying meaning behind such an innocent kiss however he realises that both Taehyung and him are in no situation to be contemplating on what these small actions could mean at the moment. 

Ultimately, Jungkook brushes it off and concentrates on the way Taehyung tries to hold in his tears once again.


What happens soon after is a blur. The moment the emergency lights flicked off and out came the veterinarian: Jungkook wanted to be the plug to stop the tears from flowing out of Taehyung's eyes. 

As soon as the news reached their ears, heartbreaking streaks of tears stream down Taehyung's pretty almond eyes and Jungkook could feel the tension tighten around his own heart as he looks at the veterinarian who shakes his head glumly. And he could see the way Taehyung was looking at the doctor through his swollen eyes, trying to find a hint of hope that indicates that maybe this is all just a dream and that he would soon wake up to find Snow there beside him again like always, energetic and healthy: but the reality was much more ruthless than either of them could comprehend. In a way, Taehyung had seen this coming. 

 
"I'm sorry to inform you this Mr Kim but... Snow 's condition is very unstable,"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here on this couch, Jungkook has seen Taehyung laugh and smile like a little kid that doesn't look his age. Here on this couch, he remembers Snow quietly sleeping on her owners lap to keep each other warm as they spend another mundane evening together.

But it is also here on this couch that Jungkook has to hold Taehyung in his arms as the elder continues to sob into his shirt like a little abandoned lamb with no one else to turn to.

How could Jungkook find it in himself to let Taehyung go home by himself when he's in such an unstable state of mind? The elder is literally glued to Jungkook, clinging onto him as if begging him not to leave as well. And somewhere along the way, Jungkook realises that perhaps there is a deeper sadness to the tears that fall from Taehyung's eyes.

Not from knowing that he's about to lose Snow but something else. Something lonely and painful.

Taehyung's cries eventually fade away as the night continues to pass by. The temperature drops but their skin is warm as Jungkook holds Taehyung's close. Lending his company as comfort.

At some point it completely quietens down and the only thing that could be heard is the soft howling of the wind grazing against the glass window, Taehyung's uneven breaths and occasionally, their heartbeats could be heard if you listened closely enough.

Taehyung finally speaks for the first time in hours and Jungkook isn't surprised that the elder would be apologizing, voice worn and strained as he speaks. He still thinks that everything is his fault and that makes Jungkook feel uneasy. 

"I'm.... sorry for all this Jungkook- I-I'm such a useless adult,"

Jungkook groans and pinches Taehyung's arm playfully as the elder glances up at him with a small pout, not quite sure why Jungkook had just done what he did.

"You know none of this is your fault so stop apologizing all the time. I told you it's fine already so just...just stay put." Jungkook sighs as he gives Taehyung's arms a light squeeze before letting go, resting his own arm against the couch behind Taehyung's head because it's times like this that he feels conscious of the close proximity between them. Not because he has ulterior motives, but more of just common sense: personal space.

Reluctantly, Taehyung frowns with a nod before immediately shuffling closer towards Jungkook's chest, resting his head against the younger's shoulders disregarding all thoughts of 'personal space' altogether.

So much for that Jungkook thinks to himself as he stiffens while noticing the way Taehyung was curled up into a small ball-like creature as he snuggles close and comfortably against Jungkook's body.

Jungkook has realised by now that Taehyung has no qualms about skinship in general so he doesn't question any further as he lets the urge to pet Taehyung's soft hair take over him.

As if on cue, the elder sighs almost relieved as he digs his head into the crevice of Jungkook's chest, breathing in the human warmth that's there before he spoke of the words he has never told a single soul before.

Maybe it was the way Jungkook was holding him so sincerely and gently like this that Taehyung decides to open his heart once again. He trusts Jungkook, he really does. 
 
"The first time I met Snow was on cold winter morning on my way to school. I was 11 then...."

Taehyung begins and Jungkook listens attentively because he can just tell by the way the elder was clenching his fingers tightly that this is a story he will hear for the first and last time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Late into that night, when dawn was just around the corner, Taehyung does something he hasn't done in years: tell someone about the old scars that have never truly healed on his small little heart. 

"I was bullied a lot growing up...." Taehyung begins as he closes his eyes and it was as if the vivid flashbacks of his childhood was rewinding right before his eyes.

Jungkook doesn't say anything but Taehyung hears their heart beats and soft breaths. He continues bravely, having a surge of courage like never before. 

"You see, I loved and I did things my way. I spoke my mind and I was never afraid of what others thought of me because I knew my parents and grandma loved me regardless of who I was. But... at times...it was just so hard you know, I'm not as strong as think I am," 

Taehyung doesn't stop to hear Jungkook's reactions anymore, he speaks as if he's writing-and the only person who he's sending this to is himself.

"It was hard when your parents became too busy for you, stuck in a society where money was the prime token of the game- I couldn't blame them for the lonely days I spent by myself while they did their best to work hard. Because it was what provided me a roof to sleep under, food to feed myself and an education to fill my youth. It's all I could ever ask for but It's just that... what I wanted was also familial love. Was I too greedy for wanting them to at least spend my birthday together?"

Taehyung feels Jungkook pull him closer just a little as if to say 'no it isn't' and Taehyung feels his heart ache in an odd way. The memories slowly come back to him one by one like little soldiers ready to march into his heart. 

"And it was hard when people were so easy to jump onto the bandwagon to laugh at my hair, my clothes, the things that I liked, the thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter