Softly&Gently

Puppy Love (It's real love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


*×○▫♚▫○×*

 

 

 

Jimin didn't mean to stare really, but there's something so pure and breathtakingly beautiful about the male shyly sitting in front of him amidst the small crowd of people in his favourite cafe that makes him keep his eyes there curiously for longer than usual. 

Jimin finally clears his voice. The male in front of him shifts awkwardly in his seat as their eyes meet. 

"So Taehyung-sshi....you're the guy that Jungkook has been meeting up with for... movie nights?" Jimin asks with a raised eyebrow as the male nods his head with a purse of his lips, smiling softly. Cute. 

"Yeah um I guess you can say that....oh and you can just call me Taehyung. No need for honorifics or anything of that sort," The brunette waves his hand. Jimin nods with a shrug. 

"Ah I see, Taehyung it is then, I'm Jimin by the way, Park Jimin. Jungkook's dance hyung." Jimin adds as Taehyung's eyes widen in curiosity. 

"Dance hyung?" He asks. 

"Mhmm yeah we're part of a small dance crew but if you were wondering, I've known that kid since we were growing up in the busy neighborhoods of Busan. So you could say he's like a little brother to me," 

Taehyung looked amazed as he smiles, sitting on his hands as he begin to relax around the presence of the stranger. Jimin smiles. He understands what Jungkook means now. 'He's like a little kid'. 

"Ahh that must be nice, are you guys the same age or?" Taehyung asks as Jimin shakes his head, a bit offended that he's being lumped into the same age group as the little brat but he laughs it off instead. 

"No way! I graduated from Seoul School of Arts last year already, I'm 22. How about you Taehyung?" 

"Oh we're close in age then I'm 24," 

"Yeah we are- wait hold up- you're older than me?" Jimin suddenly jerks up in his seat as he leans in to examine Taehyung closely, paying no attention to personal space as the elder blinks his eyes a bit flustered by the smaller's actions. 

"I thought you were the same age as Jungkook or if not..." Jimin sits back his seat as he stares Taehyung down skeptically. 

"Younger...." 

Taehyung furrows his eyebrows slightly and pouts. Jimin finds it so adorable he can't help but to reach over and pinch those cheeks friendly. 

It's barely been an hour, but there's something warm and bright about Taehyung. He approves of him. Taehyung was better than any of those girls that had approached him in hopes of using Jungkook for his money or his body.

After the spontaneous meeting and sudden marriage proposal in Jungkook's very own living room, the next few days Jimin had ushered Jungkook to arrange a meeting for him and his future (fake) spouse to get to know the male a bit better. It would be smart to make everything seem a bit more realistic as getting to know Taehyung before their wedding day sounded much more realistic than trying to awkwardly act as friends on the big day.

Besides, Jimin usually had a good eye for people. (Not really, it failed many other times when he was desperately trying to help Jungkook but that's different). So it was only appropriate that Jimin requested Jungkook to let him personally meet Taehyung on his own. Just them two alone getting to know each other at his favourite cafe.

 

So here they are now. 

 

"Uh... I heard a bit about your dog Snow from Jungkook, I hope everything is okay," 

The waitress brings over their drinks as Jimin say. He watches as Taehyung's small smile fades and mold into a much more saddening one.

"To be honest, things are pretty bad. I've been informed of the worse to come but I guess it doesn't hurt to wish for a miracle hmm?" Taehyung says and Jimin ignores the hint of sorrow laced around those words. 

"I'm sorry to hear that," Jimin quickly adds as he looks down at his drink clasped inside his hand. Taehyung bitterly chuckles as he smiles. 

"No it's okay, it is bound to happen and I guess that's life." Taehyung says as he takes large gulp of his cappuccino. Jimin could've sworn that the drink was still too hot to be consumed but he keeps mum. 

"Is that also why you're agreeing to help Jungkook with this mess?" Jimin asks instead as Taehyung nods unhesitatingly. 

"It's always been by dream to walk down the aisle with Snow trudging along beside me," He laughs at the thought and Jimin doesn't know why but he wants to fulfill those wishes as well. 

"I see. It would be so cute though! Don't worry, whether Jungkook likes it our not, we're going to have Snow there on the big day definitely! I can at least promise you that for helping out the little brat. I just find it so ridiculous that his family is forcing this on him." Jimin sighs and Taehyung nods in unison. 

"Yeah I don't quite understand it as well, but I mean by doing this, I'm helping him right?"  

"Yeah of course! You're helping him avoid an arranged marriage under his family's wishes."  

"I see," Taehyung smiles as he looks up at Jimin. 

"Jungkook has helped Snow and I a lot as well. So I would like to return the favor." Taehyung lightly gnaws down onto his bottom lip as he flutters his eyes back down onto his drink. 

"He is also going to visit Snow today in my stead. I didn't know about it until he called me to meet up with you. I feel like he genuinely cares about Snow and it makes me, happy," Taehyung explains and Jimin doesn't miss the light shade of pretty pink adorning the elder's soft features.

He's beginning to wonder how Jungkook could keep all this fluffiness to himself. It also makes sense why Jungkook was seen acting fairly gentle with Taehyung. Can't blame him, the boy was oozing with pure warmth and innocence. 

Eventually Jimin just smiles as he says,

"Jungkook may not look like, but he has a soft spot for cute- cute animals," 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It's somewhat kind of overwhelming to be visiting this place by oneself, Jungkook thinks to himself as he is lead to a small room where Snow was brought to him by one of the nurses. He can't imagine Taehyung visiting such a place by himself. It would've broke the elder's heart into tiny pieces. 

"How is she?" Jungkook asks one of the nurse as she laid Snow down onto the bed bench, allowing Jungkook to run his fingers into the soft white mane gently. The nurse hesitantly smiles. 

"She's recovering from her last relapse but things are still a bit unstable." 

Jungkook could only nod sympathetically as he lightly pets Snow who was still lucid from her sleep and medicine. 

"Hang in there Snow. I'm sorry Taehyung's not here today, just me." Jungkook sighs apologetically.

"You miss him don't you?" He frowns as he continues to pet Snow who whimpers softly at the human touch. 

"He misses you too buddy,"

Jungkook remembers how Taehyung would always scratch Snow around her ears and the dog had loved it. Jungkook does the same as he tries to comfort the animal. Snow breathes pliantly as Jungkook continues to do so, occasionally rubbing her cold wet nose with his thumb as the dog relaxed in his presence. And it's moments like these that Jungkook remembers how vibrant and lovely Taehyung was whenever he was talking about his dog. As if his smiles and the happy look in his eyes were a portal to his very own childhood. Jungkook believes it was just too precious. Too pure and good for this world. 

So that's why he feels kind of bad for making Taehyung do this, agree to help him with this fake marriage facade just so he could prove his family wrong, and to stop them from robbing away his freedom to date literally whoever the he wants. (And

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter