For who you will be

Puppy Love (It's real love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Notes:

I read all your comments and I really wanted to reply to them but couldn't find the time to do so before this update ;;;; I did see someone say something about Jungkook having selective memory and that was interesting

 

 

 

 

That feeling of drowning underwater where your chest feels heavy, as if your lungs are being compressed together tightly and your ears are ringing, bubbling-then silence.

You hear the quiet murmurs of your own heart. Then silence again.

You fall in and out of reality constantly- till there is nothing but darkness that surrounds you. Numbing sensations slipping from your own vessel as you lay there not knowing if you’ll ever wake up again. Lost in a time and space that even you, yourself cannot fathom.

This is probably what it feels like to be so close to death.

But then you see flash of light in the distance, a soft bell charm echoing from a place on the other side of this cold darkness that awaits for you.

Perhaps it is a chance and perhaps it is a calling. Your time isn’t up yet.







 

 

It feels as if he’s been asleep for a whole century when he opens his eyes again, slowly adjusting to his own blurry visions when the first specks of light comes into view

Jungkook isn’t so sure what had happened and his mind is still processing a lot of things in. His pain receptors and nerve cells are also jerking into life as all the sensations in his body start to realise the condition that he’s in.

He’s in pain. In particularly, he’s sore around his rib cage area, which explains why it’s a little hard to breathe. But his left arm feel weirdly numb as well.

It’s only when Jungkook leans up a little does he notice all the chords and IV drips connected to his body. He’s in the hospital, laying on a hospital bed.

And that’s when he remembers why he may have ended up here.

In the midst of his recollection of flashing lights and fire engines screeching lethally in his hazy memories, Jungkook then realises another reason why his arm feels so heavy- why there was a little bit of pressure pressed against him on the side.

So he glanced down a bit, paying more attention this time as he catches a patch of familiar light brown hair, nestled atop of his arm, close to his chest.   

It was someone’s head. There was someone sleeping there.

Confused and slightly taken aback, Jungkook doesn’t know if he should wake this person up. 

Still recovering from his own consciousness, Jungkook tries to sit up a bit more but soon realises that that was a bad idea when a jolt of pain spikes up his body, making him hiss out in pain as he fell back onto the uncomfortable bed.

However that had woken up the person laying beside him as the man jerked up in his sleep, whipping his head over towards Jungkook’s direction as red and swollen, yet pretty almond eyes stare at him in disbelief.

“ J-Jungkook ? Y-You’re awake?”

Jungkook recognizes this voice.

And of course, he recognizes who this voice belonged to as well because how could he forget those soft brown almond eyes, long lashes, tall nose bridge and gentle features? The pretty little moles littered almost strategically on the man’s nose, lips and eye- all the places where Jungkook had held back from kissing whenever they were together.

How could he ever forget Kim Taehyung.

 

Before Jungkook could even open his mouth, he was already enveloped in between Taehyung’s arms as the elder held him close to his chest, mumbling something into his ear but Jungkook’s mind is still a but too hazy to catch everything.

That is, until he realises Taehyung is sobbing quietly into his neck while holding him close. 

His words are a little more decipherable now but Jungkook can tell the elder was still slightly hysterical.

“Stupid- Stupid -Why were you so careless and got yourself hurt like this- I was so worried-”

Taehyung cries, hiccuping as he even lightly thumps Jungkook’s chest to chastise the younger.

“I-I thought I was going to lose you as well-you dickhead- stupid coconut head -stupid stupid,”

Taehyung wails, sniffing and wiping away his tears that are furiously falling like a fountain of waterfall. Nose red like a little Rudolf deer and it makes Jungkook fret because he doesn’t know how to stop the elder from crying.

And it’s really overwhelming at the moment if Jungkook was to be honest. Not because his body was still sore from the pain or how the lingering anesthesia hasn’t completely worn off yet which left him in a weird hazy state of mind. But rather because Kim Taehyung was here with him now, holding him so close and tightly.

It’s been so long since Jungkook has last seen the elder and all he wants to do now is hold onto male and tell him everything he’s been wanting to say - that the contract doesn’t matter, the marriage doesn’t matter. What matter is how he feels when he’s with Taehyung and how Taehyung feels when he’s there beside him so happily through their mundane days. He missed him. 

And most importantly, Jungkook wanted to apologized as well, even if he knows apologizing now might not mean anything but he still wants to explain himself, he no longer wants to run away from his problems.

He just had so many things he wanted to say.

But what came out of his mouth instead was, “W-who are-you? Why-”

Only upon opening his mouth to speak again does Jungkook realise how ed he sounds. He’s not even making any sense.

 

 

And at those words, Jungkook feels Taehyung completely freeze in his arms, leaning away slightly as the elder now stares right into his eyes, as if searching for something.

Jungkook can see the sudden fear and horror etched into Taehyung’s crestfallen face as more tears slide down his wet and damp eyes. He looks heartbroken and confused.

Great , Jungkook has a feeling he knows what the latter must be thinking, he tries to explain before Taehyung got the wrong idea-

“ W-Wait no I meant-”

“I-I-I’m Kim Taehyung! I’m 25 and we’re married! I’m your husband and we’ve known each other for a while now- You love to eat my cooking and you love to take me out on little ice cream and hamburger adventures and I use to have a dog called Snow and you loved her very much as well, you also saved her life once so she loves you too and and-y-you mean the world to me and just, I love you so much as well , Jungkook please-”

Taehyung was a hysterical mess as he cups onto Jungkook face, rambling and fumbling over his own words as he tries to catch his own breath while furiously wiping away his tears that won’t seem to stop. His thin body frame is trembling as he tries to breathe but it ends in pitiful hiccups.

Jungkook knows he shouldn’t be smiling now, he knows he shouldn’t feel so happy when Taehyung was crying so hard, holding onto him so tightly as if he afraid he was going to disappear for good. But how can he not when he has found out what Taehyung’s true feelings were this whole time?

Truly they’ve been a fool this whole time.

Jungkook would chuckle if he could.

But you could say, only fools fall for other fools.

 

“L-Look! You don’t believe me do you? Look- here this-it’s the ring you gave me, for my birthday, it’s a pretty little Snowflake Kook-please? D-Don’t you remember?”

Jungkook watches as Taehyung frantically reach into the collar of his shirt to pull out the little ring that’s hanging on a silver chain clipped around the elder’s neck. Jungkook feel his heart shatter in the most beautifulest way as he catches a glimpse of the glimmering little diamond.

So that’s where it’s been the whole time.

 

“Tae...stop,” Jungkook manages to squeeze out, coughing a little as he tries to sit up so that he can use both his arms to wipe away Taehyung’s tears to calm the elder down.

He then proceeds to cup Taehyung’s face now, petite and small in his large hands as the elder is still sobbing uncontrollably. Jungkook is feeling so many things now and he isn’t quite sure what he’s supposed to do first - or exactly what he’s supposed to say next.

Instead, he quietly leans in to place a gentle and fleeting kiss upon the elder’s forehead before pulling away slowly. Taehyung immediately stills in his arms even though his chest was still rising and falling. He looks up at Jungkook again in which the younger smiles back at him.

“Of course I remember dummy, of course I do ,” Jungkook whispers, mouthing his words as clearly as he can to make sure the message gets across to the elder.

And then Taehyung was staring at him, both shocked and happy at the same time before he was falling into Jungkook’s open arms, sobbing all over again.

“I hate-I hate you so much oh my god- Y-You scared me Jungkook!” Taehyung mumbles into Jungkook’s chest through his tears but it only put a large smile onto the younger's face.

He feels so happy in this moment and he’s just thankful and glad that he’s alive.

“ Liar . You just said you loved me before,” Jungkook chuckles into the nape of Taehyung neck now, kissing the area there endearingly as the elder huffs dramatically into his chest. Jungkook doesn’t need to see to know that Taehyung must be wearing the same cute pout he always does whenever he was feeling em

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter