an itch

Puppy Love (It's real love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"You didn't tell me," Was the first thing that dropped from Jungkook's mouth when he saw the elder again. They decided to meet each other half way at a close by cafe near the University Taehyung worked at for a little chat. 

The thing is, something has been bothering Jungkook for the past few days ever since his visit home and his encounter with Seojoon again. He's been playing it out in his head the whole day; how he would ask the elder about what happened between him and his cousin because in a way, Jungkook felt like he should at least be informed about these kind of things (for scientific purposes).

Confused, Taehyung raises his eyebrows slightly as he looks at Jungkook, waiting for the younger to continue what he was going to say because Taehyung needed some context here. 

"I - I heard you met up with my eldest cousin. Seojoon..." Jungkook begins to clears his throat, looking away from Taehyung as he tries to act normal. At that, Taehyung's slightly knitted eyebrows softens as he beams. 

"Ah! Yes! I was going to tell you last time when we met but yeah, I bumped him into him while I was working at the University a couple of weeks back," 

That's reasonable, Jungkook thinks to himself.

"Wait, what was he doing at the university?" Jungkook finds himself asking straight after and Taehyung just shrugs. 

"Business related stuff with the head of the Universities. Something about help funding for like larger departments and all. It's pretty cool, he's doing a lot at such a young age," Taehyung casually compliments and Jungkook swears he did not scrunch his nose at that.

"Cool." Jungkook nonchalantly adds. So they met casually by chance. That's harmless. But even so, more questions don't stop arising inside of Jungkook's head as if he was a broken machine itching to get answers. 

"So.....Seojoon..-hyung, said something about, uh, dinner together?" Jungkook asks, wondering afterwards if he was subtle enough because there is definitely something else that he also wants to know.

Seojoon had mentioned something about dinner and how he had implied that Taehyung and him and met up without Jungkook knowing and actually had dinner together - he just wanted make sure about some...things. That's all.

Taehyung on the other hand was clueless, just humming along as he sipped on his warm honey tea.

"Ah he wanted to meet up for dinner but you were busy that Saturday night remember? So I went out with him instead - he took me to dinner at this really fancy restaurant which I felt pretty out of place... but it was nice nonetheless! The food was great,"

Taehyung just smiles as Jungkook ignores the annoying itch in his chest. 

"Seojoonie hyung wants to have dinner again but with all of us," Taehyung finally adds as Jungkook tries not to frown at the new nickname given. What the hell is a Seojoonie hyung? He tries not to scoff.

"I'm good. You two can go out for dinner alone again without me." Jungkook curtly shrugs, earning Taehyung's attention now as the elder glances up at him with a frown.

"What? Are you busy again?" Taehyung looks like he's pouting now and Jungkook wants to slam his feet into the table as he calms down. He's so weak for Taehyung when he pouts jesus christ. The stupid itch in his chest is just really damn annoying and he doesn't even know what he's saying.

Jungkook sighs.

"No - I mean, sorry - we can all go together yeah I'm free." Jungkook manages to say without sounding like kicked puppy. He feels Taehyung's gaze on him for a while as if searching for something before the elder was nodding with a smile, suddenly taking out his phone to text someone. Oh no. Jungkook inwardly groans because he knows where this was heading. 

"Ok, let me text Seojoonie hyung to let him know,"

At that, Jungkook decides to get up and order his own drink before the annoying itch in his chest turned into a full blown rash which will result in him saying something he might regret later on because Seojoon and Taehyung were already on talking and texting terms - what the.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Unfortunately for Jungkook, the day of their little dinner meeting came earlier than he would've liked so there he was sitting in Taehyung's living room waiting for the elder to finish getting ready before they head off together. 

"Kook, is this fit ok?" Taehyung peeps out from his bedroom door as he does a cute little shake of his leg to show Jungkook his outfit.

It's so cute, is the first thing that pops up in Jungkook's mind as he turns around to see Taehyung in his usual comfy black slacks with a slightly oversized blue patterned knitted vest over his white buttoned down shirt. 

Jungkook also notes that Taehyung's hair has been growing quite a bit lately, leaving behind a few fluffy layers behind his neck and ears. It was adorable, if Jungkook was to say so himself but he just nods with thumbs up as the elder smiles back.

"Are you sure sure?" Taehyung asks again just in case, smoothing down his stomach as Jungkook chuckles.

"Yes I'm sure sure hyung," Jungkook stands as he makes his way towards the door to slip into his shoes.

"Well you look good too kook," Taehyung compliments back with a wonky wink, reaching over to pinch Jungkook's well defined biceps that was hidden under the thin black leather jacket which made him laugh. 

"Nice muscles as well," Taehyung giggles, with a goofy expression which makes Jungkook shake his head. Trying to hide the little smile he is sporting, they make their way outside towards the designated meeting place where Seojoon was going to meet them. 

 

 

 

 

Surprisingly Seojoon had decided they just meet at a nice and cosy BBQ family restaurant this time which they all didn't mind because some grilled meat and lamb skewers was more than okay with Jungkook. At least he'll have something that'll get his mind off of things.

The two arrive first before the elder who came not long after, still clad in his business suit because it was a Friday evening.

Taehyung looked like he did feel kid of bad that they arranged to meet on a weekday instead of the weekend but because they were all pretty busy, Friday night was the only option. Jungkook wasn't going to admit that he had been pretty bratty whenever Taehyung asked when he was free to go for dinner with Seojoon but eventually he gave in and agreed to go. Jungkook wasn't salty at all - note: hidden sarcasm. 

Seojoon greets them with a bright smile as Taehyung instantly beams back at the elder with glee. Jungkook finds himself looking away. 

It looked like it was going to be a long night.

 

As the night moves along, Jungkook still doesn't exchange much with Seojoon and the same goes with the elder besides them indirectly answering each other whenever Taehyung was talking. Because of this, Jungkook can't help but notice how close and comfortable the other two were around each other.

Taehyung genuinely looked like he enjoys talking with Seojoon.

And may Jungkook add how he has no idea half of the time what the other two we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter