When it snowed

Puppy Love (It's real love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

A/N This fic is going to be longer than I thought so I have to break it into parts :) I also had a bit of a writers' block in the middle so it might take awhile to finish this but here is the first chapter! Hope you guys enjoy it xoxo

 

 

 

*×○▫♚▫○×*
​​​​​​​

 

Taehyung can still vividly remember the first time they met, like a photographed memory etched into his mind till the end of time.
 

It was snowing hard on a typical cold winter day when he first laid eyes onto the cardboard box that was weirdly placed in the corner of the children's park, a few blocks away from his house that he walked passed everyday on his way to school. He was ten then, when he had a few minutes to spare before he decided to walk over to the tattered box that was nearly half his height. He was a small kid back then.
 

Not only was he a small kid, but he was also a straight 'A' student, well disciplined and equally loved by all his teachers and peers. Well, his carefree and unique boxed smile definitely added to that aspect. He was a bright kid.
 

As Taehyung curiously took a few steps closer towards the object of interest, a drawn out and barely audible whimper escaped from flimsy cardboard of what sounded like a cry of an animal?
 

With worry laced into his footsteps, Taehyung trudges over quickly towards the muffled cries and the cold flakes of the snows would slide down his warm red cheeks. Then, finally he peaked inside on his tippy toes because the box was nearly half his height and suddenly his eyes dilated in astonishment.
 

What stared back at him were big, round and dark doe puppy eyes that contrasted it's white fur. The feathery fluff was as white as the snow that surrounded them that morning and Taehyung refrained himself from squealing because the little puppy was so precious--so beautiful. However his heart immediately broke when the puppy whimpered again, crying as if asking 'have you seen my owner' or worse...'why have they left me here in the cold'.
 

With a swelling heart, Taehyung bent over and hurled the cold cold body of the puppy, in which who knew how long the poor baby had been abandoned in there in the harsh weather conditions. Taehyung immediately cradled the puppy in his small yet warm welcoming arms.
 

The puppy was shivering fervently until it snuggled into the warmth of the human that had just picked him up and from that moment, Taehyung decided the baby puppy was his to keep--his own responsibility.

 

Taehyung never really knew much about loneliness and abandonment, or the fear of constantly looking outside of a box and wondering if anyone will ever reach out their warms hands to pick you up again. Taehyung grew up in a loving family who never failed to litter him with happiness, so he was determined to share it with the white ball of fluff within his arms. Tired, cold, hungry, hurt and lonely. Taehyung leans down to kiss it's wet nose and smiles tenderly.
 

"Snow. From today onwards, you're name is Snow and you're my precious baby."

   

And true to his word, Snow soon became the most precious thing to ever happen to Kim Taehyung as the boy grew older, but oh you should have seen the look on the teachers' and his classmates' faces when he rocked up to school late that morning carrying the little puppy zipped inside of his puffy winter jacket. Nose red, a soft sheen of sweat evident from running to school late with the additional weight of said puppy under hs clothes but his eyes were shining so brightly. Taehyung couldn't wait to announce to the world his new best friend, the new addition in his family and his new treasure.
 

"Guys! Say hi to baby Snow!"
 

And sure the teachers were frightened and had panicked a bit, wondering where the hell the kid even ended up picking up such a puppy and bringingit to school as if it was some 'show and tell' week, but they all found it so sweet that the young boy was so tentative of the little puppy.
 

Taehyung's parents were espcially skeptical about it first, weren't really too keen on suddenly adopting a dog their young son had brought home one day, carrying it inside of his bright green winter jacket. But as soon as Taehyung held onto the white creature in his small arms, with eyes glittering with plea as he begged his parents to keep his baby snow, Mr and Mrs Kim couldn't exactly say no. Especially when Taehyung was their only child, the little furry playmate would serve to cure his loneliness whenever his parents weren’t there. Not that his parents ever wished for that to happen. But they both knew that it was inevitable.

 

Things are bound to change all the time, constantly.
 

A few years soon pass, and Mr and Mrs Kim had never been so grateful for having Snow in their lives because they were home less now. Always too busy with their business and work that they didn't even have time to think about giving Taehyung another sibling, they had even missed his 14th birthday one year. But Taehyung was okay. He was understanding and loving because he knew his parents only wanted the best for him. They worked hard to pay the bills, to keep the food on the table and to provide their son with the best education he could possibly deserve. And Taehyung knew that, so he never asked for more. Besides, Snow was there for him every morning and every night. Every step of the way, literally.  
 

In the early Winter mornings when it could drop to minus 20 degrees some days, Snow would always be there to wrap his abundant amount of warmth over the young teenage boy. During the night, when there were bruises and small scars hidden beneath Taehyung's thin shirt, Snow would always crawl over and the slight wounds with a sad whimper because he knew his owner was being treated badly at school.

 

When everyone is young,in primary school, it’s all innocent smiles and cheerful laughter and they all loved the quirky yet talkative Taehyung. In primary school everyone would envy all the small stories about the universe that Taehyung had to tell. He would always speak his mind and blabber on about the stars, the moon, nature and even took interest in the unfathomable things likes maths and science at an early age. Everyone loved the boy when he was younger because he was an unique kid.
 

But, high school was different.
 

Not in touch with the latest gadgets? Judged. Didn't hang out with the popular crowds? Sneered at. Didn't have the latest hairstyles? Avoided. Talking too much when nobody asked? Blabbering on and on about the how beautiful the damn cosmos was with thick black rimmed nerd glasses and braces?--You easily became the perfect target for bullying. Especially for a kid like Taehyung who never knew how to raise his fists to fight back because he was just too kind. He didn't want to start useless fights and he just wanted people to like him for who he was. A Dorky, yes but loveable and fun guy at heart. He had a good heart. Isn’t that what mattered the most?
 

Yet to no avail did he succeed in proving that to the people around him, who only saw him as the annoying chatterbox with a stupid square smile. Abnormal they had called it. Weird kid who never knew how to stop smiling like an idiot.
 

But that's okay, because his parents would always tell him that his smile was the most beautifullest thing in the whole entire world, one the would put the whole entire universe into shame. His grandma loved it when he smiled at her cooking or laughed at her jokes.

And that thought alone always cheered Taehyung up.

 

However as a result of it all, Taehyung eventually learnt the hard way about social norms and began to talk less about the world around him and kept to himself more. Getting high grades, graduating and getting into a good university had become his goal. His only goal because well, he just didn't really have many hopes and dreams. He was content as long as he could gaze at the stars. Even if it meant that he had no one to share these moment withs, not even a best friend. But occasionally Snow would join him on his midnight adventures to the cubby house he built one summer to gaze at stars. And Taehyung couldn’t have been happier.  
 

Thankfully, during his last years of high school, people stopped bothering him. They didn't even as much as acknowledge his existence. Ironic, because they stopped assaulting him when he stopped talking altogether.
 

Sure it hurt Taehyung for a while and sure as hell there were times he got so immensely lonely that he had cried himself to sleep but Snow was always there. Always. Always there to dry the tears that fell, the wounds that were inflicted, cuddled him when the weather was too cold and always begged the human to take him out for walks when it was a nice day. So Taehyung made it through his tough adolescent years. Youth sure was a hard thing to grasp onto when all you wanted to do was be yourself and talk about the universe. Guess not everyone shared the same views though.
 

By the time Taehyung finally graduated with top grades, Snow had grown up so much. Who would've known that the little puppy he had picked up, abandoned by the park, would grow up to be as healthy and big as she was now.
 

"My baby Snow, oh my gosh I love you so much!"
 

Overfilled with emotions, Taehyung remembered hugging the dog so tightly that day whispering words of 'Thank you for coming into my life' repetively so many times and he could have sworn that Snow was whimpering back soft grunts of what Taehyung would translate to as 'thank you for saving me that day'.
 

Snow had always been there through every important milestone in Taehyung's life. Even the insignificant ones as well.
 

From the first time he fell and broke his arm when trying skate to finishing and graduating high school. Even when he got into the University of his choice, Snow was just always there.
 

She was more than a mere dog and more than a companion. She was Taehyung's little happiness, Taehyung's ball of sunshine, Taehyung's family and friend. Most importantly she was Taehyung beloved little baby Snow. So in the future, when Taehyung gets into a respectable job. He wants Snow to be there. When Taehyung earns lots of money to buy a apartment of his own, he wants Snow to be there. When Taehyung falls in love and gets married, he wants Snow to be there. Because Snow is so very important to him, he wanted more than anything to share that happiness with his future partner and family as well.
 

One day.

 

Soon it was Taehyung's dream to make that happen, to let Snow be there throughout the most important stages of his life.

But things always change, and perhaps they change for a reason, at least that's what his grandma always told him. Like a natural occurrence for all humans to grow and survive, that kind of thing.
 

At the tender of 22, Taehyung finally tastes true pain and suffering, love and loss and all the burning adrenaline of being young. This time, not through his encounter with Snow but with a young handsome boy instead. A boy by the name of Jeon Jungkook who changed everything that Taehyung once had, once knew. In both a good way and a bad way.

         

+++

 

 

   

"Okay....tomato.....minced beef....I think I need a refill on some midnight snacks. Hmm but I'm gaining a bit of weight...OH! Can't forget treats for Snowyyy,"
 

Taehyung hums, skidding through all the aisles of the market, the bright red grocery basket in one arm, contrasting to his bright yellow jumper that made people wince out in pain whenever the blazing spring sun would bounce off it because it was just too bright. But it was comfy though, so Taehyung couldn’t care less.
 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter