Lost in life

Puppy Love (It's real love)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


*×○▫♚▫○×*

 


Jungkook is young and did things that most youngsters loved to do. Hung out with friends, partied and drank till you passed out and occasionally even mucking around with a few girls with no strings attached was the norm to him. Simple and clean.

He is used to loud noises, loud people, loud music and loud heartbeats pounding when the adrenaline kicks in. He's hot blooded and thirsted for more.

Although his physical appearance and personal outlook on life may be deemed as nothing but irrational youthful spurts that will die out once you hit that certain age in your life, under the layer of fashionable clothes and partially inked skin though, there laid a decent boy with a soft heart.

He partied with friends yes, and occasionally touched a few things that were better left untouched, but even then, he was still hardworking and knew where his boundaries were and education was still something he tried his best in because he knew the importance of learning how to read and write in a such a society that values intelligence over street smart survival. He believed it was good to have both. 

And the thing is, a few piercings and tatted up skin doesn't always necessarily mean that you are immoral person with bad habits. Similarly, wearing high-end branded clothing doesn't make you a fashionable or rich individual.

Likewise, hanging out with a group of smart kids won't magically make you smart, basically Jungkook knew better than to judge a someone purely on their physical appearance or surrounding environment. And he lived trying to keep everything balanced himself. 

He was young but he knew that much. He only wished some people shared the same outlook on life as him though.

For Jungkook, who was like a free flying soul, he didn't want people things, or even his own surroundings to tie him down. He had dreams and had so much to do while he was still young. Youth was like the scarce cool breeze in the summer heat that brushed against your skin ever so softly. Jungkook was addicted to the fleeting feeling.

His family would state otherwise though, always chastising him.

'Go to college', 'get into the right course', 'You don't have to dream- You don't need to dream','Your career is already decided', 'find the right girl', 'settle down', 'take over the company'.

Jungkook knows he can't ing complain because he's life has always been adequate, to the point where it was suffocating. He feels as if for most, if not all of his life, a lot of things have already been set into stone and laid out for him from the moment he was sitting in his mother's womb still yet to witness life's true form.

Jungkook just wanted more than anything else, that for once, in this ripe and lively time of his life for something beautiful to come to him. Something out of the ordinary, something in the spur of the moment so naturally and so pleasantly that he forgets that his life is already predetermined.

Something sweet yet bitter at the same time, something that would make his heart beat faster than the adrenaline he sought or the pleasure he craved. Something sinful yet beautiful. Jungkook was still waiting for that something.

But little did he know that that 'something' came in the form of someone, by the name of Kim Taehyung that came to him as sudden as the downpour of the rain on a bright sunny day, flooding the grounds and damping his skin. It seemed as though Jungkook had left his umbrella at home that day.

Or maybe it was on purpose and that he had been waiting for this moment all his life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Jungkook sighs, nothing is going to plan today.

The cheap girl Jimin found for him from god knew where, to apparently help with him with his 'schemes to settle down and fool his mother' didn't work out.

It was a slip of his tongue when he accidentally dissed her heavy make up and skimpy outfit-not to mention her annoyingly high pitched voice and overbearing attitude. It was giving Jungkook migraines so early in the morning and he wanted to do was just leave.

So that's how the humiliating slap came around and then skip forward a few minutes later he finds himself eating a stranger's ice cream in a children's park that was no where near his home. You know, nothing abnormal about the situation at all, besides from being belittled by said weird stranger whose name he comes to learn of; Kim Taehyung.

The damn guy actually has the audacity to call him a 'brat and a kid' when said male in that ugly yellow sweater looked 12 himself. Jungkook wanted to roll his eyes back till he went blind. 

But to much of Jungkook's dismay though, finds himself accompanying the man home anyway. Some weird pull from the force of the gravity Jungkook concludes to himself. Or probably just boredom.

But then one thing after another, leads them here in the waiting room of the veterinarian center whom the man, Taehyung is still weeping beside him like a snotty little brat.

Who would've thought that such a man is 24, at least 4 years older than Jungkook himself? The way he was shedding tears didn't make him look like an adult at all. Made him look like an abandoned kid instead.

So in the end, Jungkook pays no mind to it while he quietly helps the stranger who looked so unstable and hurt by the sudden events. His precious dog was being sent into the emergency check up room.

Jungkook could've turned to leave once he had delivered them to the vet but from the way the man was trembling so hard against his skin sent unsettling tremors down his spine and in the end Jungkook just couldn't find it in himself to leave the hurt man alone. 

As soon as the doctors came out to inform them of the dog's condition, Jungkook was somewhat glad that he had decided to stay because Taehyung was so shaken up, he couldn't even process any of the doctors words.

'Brian aging,' 'Behavioral changes' 'common for old dogs to not recognize people and places', 'Suffered from a seizure' 'Encephalitis' 'Inflammation of the brain'.

Jungkook diligently takes in all of the doctors words and makes sure to rely them back to the broken man tearing up uncontrollably beside him. He realises just exactly how precious the white dog must've meant to him.

The momentum of feeling nice and helping the man, Kim Taehyung, leads him into signing the papers and even staying behind until night eventually came and the doctors gave them a safe to go home sign.

"Snow is not in a life threatening condition as of now. We have finished with all the scanning and she has woken up. We are also currently monitoring her closely and she would need to stay with us for a couple of days before she is deemed safe to go home. "

The doctors tell them and for the first time since arriving, Taehyung wipes away his tears while clasping his hands around the doctors thanking them again and again.

Jungkook would be lying if he said he didn't feel somewhat relieved to hear the good news on behalf of Taehyung because to an extent, he was glad the beautiful white dog was okay.

It was at the moment that he also wondered what it was like to love and care for something, or someone till one's heart broke into pieces seeing that significant person hurt. Something so intangible.

 

 

 


Jungkook even ends up helping Taehyung home later that night, handing him all the paper work and re-informing the calmer man, all the things that he had missed out when he was still stuck in his own inner turmoil.

"Snow should be fine now. You should get some rest for tonight and then go visit him tomorrow. He's allowed to go back home after everything is stable again which hopefully should be within a couple of days-"

Jungkook was in the middle of explaining a few things whilst standing in front of Taehyung's door before the elder reached over and gently grasped onto his hand, catching him by surprise as Jungkook felt his whole body jolt from the sudden human touch.

The man gently held onto his fingers tighter before glancing up with glassy tear stained eyes before whispering a soft 'Thank you'followed along by a sniffle.

Jungkook stuttered for a quick second, not expecting the male's sudden actions but awkwardly nodded his head meekly whilst rubbing the back of his head before muttering back a quiet, 'No worries,'

With that, Taehyung just quietly whispered 'goodbye', looking tired and worn out as the door closes on Jungkook.



Jungkook eventually marched down the set of stairs and back down onto the main street, occasionally turning his head back to see Taehyung's apartment disappear into the distance the further he walked away.

He left with a worried heart that night, knowing Taehyung, a stranger he just met earlier that day would probably curl into his bed and weep till their eyes grew red and swollen the next day.

The thought intrigues him, making him wonder how he even came to such a conclusion of a stranger he barely knew but Taehyung was like an open book. So easy to read, so easy to decipher.

For better choice of words. He was pure.

The sudden vibration of his phone in the back of Jungkook's pockets suddenly jolts him out of his own thought as Jungkook swiftly swipes his fingers over to answer the call, not without noticing some unread messages and missed calls he had received earlier during the day.

"Yeah what?" Jungkook asks casually as he crosses the busy road and to the train station to get to home.

The boy on the other side groans disappointingly.

"It's hyung for you brat get your facts right-"

"Hyung my -What do you want Jimin? And what the hell was that this morning? I thought you said you found a 'decent' girl-- , that girl probably sat on more than I've eaten strawberry pudding and you know I live to eat strawberry pudding."

Jungkook huffs out but soon swifts his head around to scan the area realizing he was yelling such crude words into the phone in a public area. But thank god the only people in the area were a few business men coming home from work but they had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter